Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Beautiful weather today. Rode south and took a photo after crossing the covered bridge in Centreville, Michigan.

554670aafe52f5fe6f1b07e2c49b9b71.jpg


Along the way; met another CB1100 owner (Doug). He was up from Indiana. Not a member of the forum, but plans to join.
 
The ferret_imp said:
What a beauty F7!
Thanks Ferret! I have not seen one yet I didnt like! :thumbsup: To finally get to ride them is just awesome.:D Its everything I dreamed about and more. Honda nailed it for me. I still lust for a 14dlx but boy this 13 is well done imo. I just love riding it!:thumbsup:
 
So people don't get wet when they stand there fishing? :P
PS: F7, you've done well. It's a beauty. A DLX can be next on your list, but there's not a thing wrong with the pre-2014 models.
 
Two reasons: to protect the wooden floor boards and structural members. Helps keeps horses calm by keeping them from seeing and hearing the water beneath them.
Plus they're pretty
 
225 mile ride, last Saturday, with a college buddy that I taught to ride way back when! Out east of Houston in a small town named Fayetteville.

2006 Buell Lightening
138ae7c5c1e3da0d5d4d86ec2a664c92.jpg

A few Harleys showed up while we were in eating lunch.
ecd083238b511d5550425048e60a1e47.jpg

A little experiment with the camera filter tools...
d8c3935e2ce4e6abcab80686a4ba2bfc.jpg
 
DGShannon_imp said:
225 mile ride, last Saturday, with a college buddy that I taught to ride way back when! Out east of Houston in a small town named Fayetteville.

2006 Buell Lightening
138ae7c5c1e3da0d5d4d86ec2a664c92.jpg

A few Harleys showed up while we were in eating lunch.
ecd083238b511d5550425048e60a1e47.jpg

A little experiment with the camera filter tools...
d8c3935e2ce4e6abcab80686a4ba2bfc.jpg

Nice!
 
At the Hansen Dam All British Ride last Sunday. Only one CB1100 Spotted and a few fine japanese rides... Rode with a group of nortons up Tujunga Canyon and the photos I took here are from when we got back from the ride. Didn't really have time to take a bunch of photos, too much to take in....



[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/dam51of1_zpsec714cac.jpg.html]
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/dam21of1_zpsee330d83.jpg.html]
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/dam61of1_zps68f9ee46.jpg.html]
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/dam41of1_zps2f72f271.jpg.html]
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/dam81of1_zps8b8240fc.jpg.html]
 
From today's ride

Now there's a flood out in California and up north it's freezing cold
And this living on the road is getting pretty old
So I guess I'll call up my big mama, tell her I'll be rolling in
But you know, deep down, I'm kind of tempted to go and see my Bessie again

Up on Cripple Creek she sends me
If I spring a leak she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Who Remembers "The Band" ?


Couple more from Nov 8 ride

a stop by Stonelick Lake

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Nov8ride007_zps687e6319.jpg.html]

and a cool "covered bridge" on land lol (It actually holds the mail boxes for this Church Hill Downs subdivision in the country so people can get their mail without getting wet I suppose)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Nov8ride012_zps76fa1414.jpg.html]
 
I remember the Band. Nice quote.

Good pictures too.
 
The ferret_imp said:
From today's ride

Now there's a flood out in California and up north it's freezing cold
And this living on the road is getting pretty old
So I guess I'll call up my big mama, tell her I'll be rolling in
But you know, deep down, I'm kind of tempted to go and see my Bessie again

Up on Cripple Creek she sends me
If I spring a leak she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Who Remembers "The Band" ?


Couple more from Nov 8 ride

a stop by Stonelick Lake

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Nov8ride007_zps687e6319.jpg.html]

and a cool "covered bridge" on land lol (It actually holds the mail boxes for this Church Hill Downs subdivision in the country so people can get their mail without getting wet I suppose)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Nov8ride012_zps76fa1414.jpg.html]

Yes - I remember them. We even named our travel trailer after one of their songs (a favourite) "Ophelia" where have you gone.

John
 
There was a professional photographer on the side of the road along the Angeles Crest Highway who captured a few shots of me and my wife as we rode past. He goes by the name Victory Jon and sells his photos through his website Highway Photos Homepage. After the ride, I found his website and searched through all the photos until I found ours. After exchanging a couple emails with Jon, I decided to buy them! I have plenty of photos of my bikes at a stand still but only a few in motion and, until now, none of the CB in motion. Jon did a panoramic shot putting the three photos together which turned out great. Not sure how it will show up here but I'll try posting it. I plan on getting it printed and framed.



[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ZZZ_6974.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ZZZ_6975.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/James_Panorama.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top