MG, why so many helmets?
Do you have a number of heads?
Do you have a number of heads?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I will avoid the response that first came to mind. You're welcome ferret.Cormanus_imp said:MG, why so many helmets?
Do you have a number of heads?
My helmet is approaching the 5 year mark and I felt discomfort around the ears last week so I am looking at replacing it. While at the dealer today I tried on an Arai, it was very light, it felt right, and boy was it pretty. But $749? Ugh! Hard to swallow. I decided to look at the HJC modular which is more in my range. Besides, Ferret was sporting one at the rally and he was getting all the attention. Nominations to picture of the month, showing up on Facebook feeds while wearing his. But I don't look nearly as handsome with the HJC as ferret does. I find it extremely big and heavy. Got to keep looking.ZRXman01_imp said:I have always been an "Arai guy"
I will buy other helmets as spares but am still "Somewhat" happy to pay the price for Arai.
I get them custom fit at the Indy Moto GP by the guys at the Service Pavilion.
The Service Pavilion Home
[/img]

I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.Riko_imp said:Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-1
Quiet as cuss! and light as heck, more than 400gr compared to my system helmet from Nolan
What a difference in sound levels and weight, couldn't be more happy!
I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.kmoney_imp said:I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.Riko_imp said:Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-1
Quiet as cuss! and light as heck, more than 400gr compared to my system helmet from Nolan
What a difference in sound levels and weight, couldn't be more happy!
When trying on a new helmet, it's easy to forget that over time the padding is going to compress a bit. That's not to say that hot spots will be alleviated, which is doubtful. But the fit will loosen up as a result of actually using it.Riko_imp said:I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.kmoney_imp said:I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.Riko_imp said:Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-1
Quiet as cuss! and light as heck, more than 400gr compared to my system helmet from Nolan
What a difference in sound levels and weight, couldn't be more happy!
Yeah, I was surprised about 2 things (especially compared to my Nolan N104).
First, at some points I could barely hear my exhaust (stock EX)
Second, if I am talking to myself it almost has this echo effect, wich I assume is a good indication that the sound isolation is very good in this helmet.
I bought a Medium, wich is tighter than a Large wich would work too, but it is adviced to wear a tight fit rather than a tad too big.
It will settle in time and its safer anyway, glad I did.
Only thing I have to get used to and thats kinda negative, Double D rings!
I am used to the micro ratchet system wich is easier to wear and undo.
But everybody says the double D system is the best and when you get used to it, you never want something else.
I did some practice to put it on and remove the helmet with the belt still in the first ring, like seen here:
But that does not work, since its a tight fit, I have to undo the D rings...
BTW, no way the helmet is the right size for that guy in that video, it must be too big, because you can not put on and off a helmet that fast if you have the correct size :dodgy:
Definitely agree. My last two Shoeis easily increased a half size after four or so months of constant use. Even if you get it wrong, most helmets only have 2 or 3 shell sizes for all the sizes between XS-XXL, so for $35 or so you can go + or - one size by just changing the liner.Guth_imp said:When trying on a new helmet, it's easy to forget that over time the padding is going to compress a bit. That's not to say that hot spots will be alleviated, which is doubtful. But the fit will loosen up as a result of actually using it.Riko_imp said:I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.kmoney_imp said:I have the same helmet and I LOVE it. Eerily quiet, to the point of not even needing earplugs and excellent built-in sun visor.Riko_imp said:Shoei GT-Air Wanderer TC-1
Quiet as cuss! and light as heck, more than 400gr compared to my system helmet from Nolan
What a difference in sound levels and weight, couldn't be more happy!
Yeah, I was surprised about 2 things (especially compared to my Nolan N104).
First, at some points I could barely hear my exhaust (stock EX)
Second, if I am talking to myself it almost has this echo effect, wich I assume is a good indication that the sound isolation is very good in this helmet.
I bought a Medium, wich is tighter than a Large wich would work too, but it is adviced to wear a tight fit rather than a tad too big.
It will settle in time and its safer anyway, glad I did.
Only thing I have to get used to and thats kinda negative, Double D rings!
I am used to the micro ratchet system wich is easier to wear and undo.
But everybody says the double D system is the best and when you get used to it, you never want something else.
I did some practice to put it on and remove the helmet with the belt still in the first ring, like seen here:
But that does not work, since its a tight fit, I have to undo the D rings...
BTW, no way the helmet is the right size for that guy in that video, it must be too big, because you can not put on and off a helmet that fast if you have the correct size :dodgy: