gold wing

hillbilly_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
close to taking plunge for a new gold wing have choice between 2013 and 2015 about1200 cheaper for the 13 any thoughts
 
They have a new 2013 F6b here at the local shop for $14,000+ interesting but at over 800lbs plus pounds it's a bit heavy for me.

If there isn't much of a change between the model years and you plan on keeping it for a while I'd choose the less expensive of the two.
 
I would go with the '15 model for $1200 more assuming they have the same equipment. I have a hard time believing the dealer can't do much better on a 2 year old bike. That said, without knowing what they are asking, I can't say for sure. There is a $1000 rebate on 2013 GL1800's. So, if they are asking sticker on the '15 and only knocking $1200 off the '13, they are giving a $200 discount for a 2 year old bike. If they are giving a hefty discount on the '15, things change a bit. I couldn't justify $1200 for 2 years. I would rather buy a used '13 that someone already took the hit on depreciation and farkles. That's my 2 cents, or perhaps $1200, worth of advice.
 
Assuming both are new/unused, if you were to total each one the next day, what would insurance company give you for a used 2013 vs a used 2015?
 
I agree, assuming they are both brand new, that's a terrible price difference.

I too, would rather (and I have several times) buy a lightly used late model year bike over new. Saved me 25-30% off list.
 
hillbilly_imp said:
close to taking plunge for a new gold wing have choice between 2013 and 2015 about1200 cheaper for the 13 any thoughts
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal.
 
I looked at the 2015 and didn't like the blacked engine colors, My local Honda dealer found me a 2014 I bought in October. I paid sticker price though. Love mine, I got the Red. It is definitely a Cadillac of motorcycles.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
hillbilly_imp said:
close to taking plunge for a new gold wing have choice between 2013 and 2015 about1200 cheaper for the 13 any thoughts
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal.
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal. this bike is an audio comfort ,which is I suppose is the standard model.out the door price which includes setup ,sales tax,tag $19466.30 take off sales tax brings price to $18298.00 seems reasonable to me? any thoughts
 
I just bought a nice low mile 07 wing 4,500 when I bought it a few weeks ago now over 6,500 miles. It's loaded with everything nav cb etc. Paid $13,500. It's the best touring bike I have ever owned. The heated seats & heated grips make it so nice. And you get no wind! Took a 700 mile trip last weekend (2) days. :).
Me and my partner
 
hillbilly_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
hillbilly_imp said:
close to taking plunge for a new gold wing have choice between 2013 and 2015 about1200 cheaper for the 13 any thoughts
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal.
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal. this bike is an audio comfort ,which is I suppose is the standard model.out the door price which includes setup ,sales tax,tag $19466.30 take off sales tax brings price to $18298.00 seems reasonable to me? any thoughts
I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Wing a month ago. The price out the door plus tax at New York Honda Yamaha was $19,990 about $4000 off MSRP $23,990 w/audio comfort. I know Darin the owner well from purchasing bikes in the past. He has two Blue and Red available. I'm still considering one, not sure if I'll keep the CB or trade with the deal. this bike is an audio comfort ,which is I suppose is the standard model.out the door price which includes setup ,sales tax,tag $19466.30 take off sales tax brings price to $18298.00 seems reasonable to me? any thoughts
The price i was quoted was lower than i expected, yours is even better.
Ridem32_imp said:
I just bought a nice low mile 07 wing 4,500 when I bought it a few weeks ago now over 6,500 miles. It's loaded with everything nav cb etc. Paid $13,500. It's the best touring bike I have ever owned. The heated seats & heated grips make it so nice. And you get no wind! Took a 700 mile trip last weekend (2) days. :).
Me and my partner
Good for you Mike, bike looks clean at a nice price point. Many miles of happy travel my friend.
 
Thread starter
update: I traded with lady over phone yesterday for a 2013 audio comfort for $19466.00 out the door. made down. payment everything good. bike be here 12 23. thirty minutes later she called she had mistakenly priced a f6 model. bike I wanted would be $3826 more. I don't think so! big disappointment.
 
Hillbilly call Brookhaven honda ask for DeeDee. Tell her you know me Michael Vance. Tell her what you want. They should have a few 12 & 14 models left over 601-833-6041. You want have to pay tax until you get back home.
I called. No 13 left. 14 model audio comfort $19,847 have red or black. 2015 model $20,497. For out of state buyers no taxes ! They don't add any dock fees or setup fees.
 
Hey Mike, what is it with you and motorcycles! ;)

PS, I'm not buying your Wing in a year or so. Your old ST really loves it in my garage and I LOVE it on the road!

Now if I can figure out how to get the plastic off and install the Honda heated grips...

Might have to put them on the CB too.
 
Lol popgun. Good to hear from you. :). Heated grips help a lot and are very nice. The ST you got from me was like new not even broken in. Glad your happy.
 
Mike,

Yeah, its still like new and still not even broken in good!

Hope you like that Wing! You know they only have like a BILLION farkles for those bikes! Guard your wallet!
 
Back
Top