Gear Indicator Install

Very cool, but for $160, I think I'll keep guessing. Seems to be a lot of moola for very little. Guess I'm just too cheap.
 
I need a chrome gear display information thingie. It need to be head's up cause I tend to run into frontal obstructions when I look down to check something. I think Samurider has one but it is red, every darn thing is red all over from over there. Except when it is white. But not too much on black, and how does one know what gear they are in when up at Sturgis unless they have chrome gear information index display thingie on a black bike? Seems clear to me. Go to Daytona instead.

Glad we got this thread straightened out on oil finally.
 
You know, an oil filled gear indicator would be nice. Dampen any vibrations, give the Nixie tubes a nice warm colour. It's what people want!
 
Man, I haven't anyone mention Nixie tubes in a LONG time. Used to have Nixies in the nav indicators in the Navy E-2B aircraft. I didn't like them as a maint. guy. Don't know about the pilots.

Nightrider, you need that head up display bike helmet. Pretty expensive IIRC.
 
My brain is my gear indicator. 1 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 5 4 3 4 3 2 1. Badabing!

"Somebody. Get that guy off the stage. Oy vay!"
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake."
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
My brain is my gear indicator. 1 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 5 4 3 4 3 2 1. Badabing!

"Somebody. Get that guy off the stage. Oy vay!"
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake."
:beerchug: :rofl:
 
I wondered about the wisdom of buying my '14 instead of searching long and hard for a closeout '13.

Now I KNOW I did the right thing. Having had gear indicators on the last handfuls of bikes I've owned....I would NOT want to be without one. Simple to count up and down, right? Sure - when things are quiet. When there's traffic and you're thinking about six things at once...you don't need a seventh to clutter up your mind. You don't need to grenade your tranny by jamming it into 1 at too-high speeds, either.

Six speeds and an indicator...I done all-right.
 
I've always liked having a gear indicator on my bikes. Some people need them and some don't. I'm one of those that need it. It definitely takes away that seventh thing that JustPassinThru spoke about.
 
I just ordered the HealTech indicator for my V-Strom as well. Probably most of my bikes in the past 50+ years have not had a G.S. indicator, but something about a "six speed" makes it more important to me. Hey, it's only money! :-)
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
nhawk7504_imp said:
My brain is my gear indicator. 1 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 5 4 3 4 3 2 1. Badabing!

"Somebody. Get that guy off the stage. Oy vay!"
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake."
:beerchug: :rofl:
:beerchug: :rofl:
:excited: :thanks: :clap:
 
If you asked me if i wanted a gear indicator and I had an option of having it or not. It was on identical bikes and was not going to cost me more or less then my answer would be sure why not. My 14 came with it. Do I NEED it, no. Do I mind that I already have it, not at all. Its a nice feature, have it on another bike too. It is what it is, some will agree and some won't. The ones without it on the 13s I'm sure wouldn't of minded if their bikes had one too.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
If you asked me if i wanted a gear indicator and I had an option of having it or not. It was on identical bikes and was not going to cost me more or less then my answer would be sure why not. My 14 came with it. Do I NEED it, no. Do I mind that I already have it, not at all. Its a nice feature, have it on another bike too. It is what it is, some will agree and some won't. The ones without it on the 13s I'm sure wouldn't of minded if their bikes had one too.
The absence of a gear indicator with the 13 model don't bother me at all.
It's pretty easy to count to 5 or backwards. It doesn't take a long time,
to get used to the revs in each gear. So, you know where you are.

Mostly.....:rolleyes:

And if not, the CB pulls adequately in any gear.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
uscgmac_imp said:
If you asked me if i wanted a gear indicator and I had an option of having it or not. It was on identical bikes and was not going to cost me more or less then my answer would be sure why not. My 14 came with it. Do I NEED it, no. Do I mind that I already have it, not at all. Its a nice feature, have it on another bike too. It is what it is, some will agree and some won't. The ones without it on the 13s I'm sure wouldn't of minded if their bikes had one too.
The absence of a gear indicator with the 13 model don't bother me at all.
It's pretty easy to count to 5 or backwards. It doesn't take a long time,
to get used to the revs in each gear. So, you know where you are.

Mostly.....:rolleyes:

And if not, the CB pulls adequately in any gear.

Wisedrum
The absence of a gear indicator with the 13 model don't bother me at all.
It's pretty easy to count to 5 or backwards. It doesn't take a long time,
to get used to the revs in each gear. So, you know where you are.

Mostly.....:rolleyes:

And if not, the CB pulls adequately in any gear.

Wisedrum yes we all know that and have done it for years, just saying having one is an upgrade. If your bike came with one I'm sure you would have still bought it instead of saying "oh, it comes with a gear indicator, I'm not going to buy this bike". I'm sure it doesn't bother you, I'm just saying its nice to have. I'm sure it wouldn't bother most people not to have sunroof in their car but it still would be nice to have, get the point.
 
Just another useless tool to that keeps us from using our brain and our senses. No, if my '13 came with one I wouldn't refuse to buy the bike, but I'd shake my head and smile and consider it unnecessary. The CBs are a get on and go, fly by the seat of your pants type of bike. Keep adding sh!t and you're left with a computerized late model BMW and not a retro style Honda CB.

Like wisedrum said- It doesn't take a long time to get used to the revs in each gear. I'd add- Unless you're used to letting a farkle do your thinking for you- then it just might.
 
Uscgmac, I'm going to get one. Guess I'll be on Classic's naughty list soon... :)
 
Haha, that's great. Enjoy. Went for a spin today and came to the conclusion 6 gear is nice but this bike really likes 4 and 5th gears. Bike sounds great and performs great at 4500 to 5000 rpm. Pulls nice when you wind it up. Haven't found myself looking for 6th gear like on other bikes I've had.
 
See? I'm on the list. YEE HAW :banana: :D
 
Well I finally got back into town and ordered a GIpro gear indicator for the CB. Ordered one for the ST too!! Put me on your naughty list twice Classic :)
 
Back
Top