Gauging interest: An Official CB1100 Forum Calendar

Adam:
Add me to the list for a calendar. Thanks for taking on this project!
730b0046db25a1056de3a9766b235e56.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm in. Thanks misterprofessionality. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
A-man
Nachodaddy
Scoot
Andyferd
Houtman
Michael1954
Misterprofessionality (2 (contributing!))
Emptysea
SpechG **ireland** (contributing!)
tod.branko
tommymck (2) (contributing!)
pdedse (contributing!)
Whoops
britbikes42 **bahamas** (2)
Lord Popgun
Django **germany**
Charlie Bravo
Gone in 60
Clearviewx (contributing!)
noroomtomove **australia**
Mtneers (contributing!)
Cormanus (australia)
Redbirds
Alprider (contributing but hasn't committed to buying just yet)
MSCB1100 (contributing but hasn't committed to buying just yet)

Once again thanks for everybody's help! If you haven't yet, remember to pop over to the Calendar Girls thread here:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17451

That one contains all the instructions and a place for you to float your pictures with the forum too.

Also if you're looking at the above list and your name isn't on there please let me know! I want to make sure that everybody who wants one of these can get one, and that everybody who has time to can submit pictures to be immortalized. My intention is to over-order the calendars a bit, just to make sure I can accommodate people who notice the thread too late or otherwise miss the boat. At this point I'm committed to ordering 30 copies, but if I get a couple more orders I'll up that quantity to 35.
 
Is there any way that bikes not chosen for a particular month could be on an added page or two as runner's up? Or maybe for next year's calendar.
 
Thread starter
I didnt want to say anything because I'm currently working out the printing logistics but I would very much like to include a backpage collage. Most calendars use the bavkpage collage to show you thumbnails of all the calendar pages but I'd rather use it for something more interesting like more forum member bikes. Images that were too low res to print large. That sort of thing.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I didnt want to say anything because I'm currently working out the printing logistics but I would very much like to include a backpage collage. Most calendars use the bavkpage collage to show you thumbnails of all the calendar pages but I'd rather use it for something more interesting like more forum member bikes. Images that were too low res to print large. That sort of thing.
Sounds good, thanks.....
 
Thread starter
Boy howdy this list is getting long. I honestly didn't think this was going to be this successful of a thing, but It's humming along. Check the Calendar Girls thread for a proof of the calendar-in-progress. It's a good look at the Layout and it should give you a good strong idea of the arrangement of the final product you're paying for. I had to compress it to post it on the forum, so the resolution isn't as high as the real thing, but you get the idea. All of your submissions have been so helpful and everybody has been super cooperative. I'm really glad we're getting to make this.

The List:

A-man
Nachodaddy
Scoot
Andyferd
Houtman
Michael1954
Misterprofessionality (2 (contributing!))
Emptysea
SpechG **ireland** (contributing!)
tod.branko
tommymck (2) (contributing!)
pdedse (contributing!)
Whoops
britbikes42 **bahamas** (2)
Lord Popgun
Django **germany**
Charlie Bravo
Gone in 60
Clearviewx (contributing!)
noroomtomove **australia**
Mtneers (contributing!)
Cormanus (australia)
Redbirds
Alprider (contributing but hasn't committed to buying just yet)
MSCB1100 (3) (contributing!)
Phadreus (contributing!)
Kiowaeagle
Moto_hero_4k (contributing!!)
Deltamark (contributing!!)

At this point there are 34 planned backers for the calendar so I'm over the threshold enough to go ahead and print 50 copies. Any that do not get reserved by the time the calendars ship out will just get posted up for sale on the For Sale board. If somehow I get more than 50 reservations before the date that I finalize the order with the print shop, I'll up the quantity to 75.

Also I wanted to mention that due to the special assistance of a few of you (phadreus, RickCB and JenniferCBR, MSCB1100) I'm able to put together a couple of special backpages with awesome images that you'll be able to hang on your wall long after the calendar has run its course. Added value!
 
Please count me in for a calendar! Even though goats and beads would be my payment preference, I'm sure I can pay in any other desirable format. : )
 
Thread starter
Thank you very very much to eveybody who submitted, and thank you very much to everybody who's supporting this buy picking one up. You really came through for me. I was worried that because of the time crunch we weren't going to get enough content to make this happen in the way I'd envisioned it, but we certainly did. I'm currently in the process of getting all the photos down to uniform resolutions to make it easier on the print shop, and finalizing everybody's quotes and birthdates. It was downright difficult deciding which photos would get pages. Stay tuned for a final completed proof, which is going to go out to the print shop in the next couple of days.

The updated list is as follows:

A-man
Nachodaddy
Scoot
Andyferd
Houtman (contributing!)
Michael1954
Misterprofessionality (2) (contributing!)
Emptysea
SpechG **ireland** (contributing!)
tod.branko
tommymck (2) (contributing!)
pdedse (contributing!)
Whoops
britbikes42 **bahamas** (2)
Lord Popgun
Django **germany**
Charlie Bravo
Gone in 60
Clearviewx (contributing!)
noroomtomove **australia**
Mtneers (contributing!)
Cormanus (australia)
Redbirds
Alprider (contributing)
MSCB1100 (3) (contributing!)
Phadreus (contributing!)
Kiowaeagle (2) (contributing!)
Moto_hero_4k (contributing!!)
Deltamark (contributing!!)
Satchit
rickcb (contributing!)
cookiemech

As always, I'll reiterate that if you don't see your name on this list, do give me a shout! It's not the end of the world if you don't, since I'm expecting to have a small box of extras to distribute to anybody that wants one after the fact, but nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I'll be contacting everybody on this list via forum messages within a couple days to start wrapping up shipping/payment/ect, that way we have plenty of time to figure all that out while I'm waiting for the calendars to arrive.

Home Stretch!
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Thank you very very much to eveybody who submitted, and thank you very much to everybody who's supporting this buy picking one up. You really came through for me. I was worried that because of the time crunch we weren't going to get enough content to make this happen in the way I'd envisioned it, but we certainly did. I'm currently in the process of getting all the photos down to uniform resolutions to make it easier on the print shop, and finalizing everybody's quotes and birthdates. It was downright difficult deciding which photos would get pages. Stay tuned for a final completed proof, which is going to go out to the print shop in the next couple of days.

The updated list is as follows:

A-man
Nachodaddy
Scoot
Andyferd
Houtman (contributing!)
Michael1954
Misterprofessionality (2) (contributing!)
Emptysea
SpechG **ireland** (contributing!)
tod.branko
tommymck (2) (contributing!)
pdedse (contributing!)
Whoops
britbikes42 **bahamas** (2)
Lord Popgun
Django **germany**
Charlie Bravo
Gone in 60
Clearviewx (contributing!)
noroomtomove **australia**
Mtneers (contributing!)
Cormanus (australia)
Redbirds
Alprider (contributing)
MSCB1100 (3) (contributing!)
Phadreus (contributing!)
Kiowaeagle (2) (contributing!)
Moto_hero_4k (contributing!!)
Deltamark (contributing!!)
Satchit
rickcb (contributing!)
cookiemech

As always, I'll reiterate that if you don't see your name on this list, do give me a shout! It's not the end of the world if you don't, since I'm expecting to have a small box of extras to distribute to anybody that wants one after the fact, but nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I'll be contacting everybody on this list via forum messages within a couple days to start wrapping up shipping/payment/ect, that way we have plenty of time to figure all that out while I'm waiting for the calendars to arrive.

Home Stretch!
Thanks for the update, and all the work you're putting into this. Now I can say I'm really looking forward to the new year!
 
Back
Top