Front fender options

Azika_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello, I recently had someone back into my CB at work and dented/bent the front fender(luckily the only damage done). Are there less expensive than OEM options for replacement?

Any advice is appreciated!
 
Arrrg, a hit 'n' run? :-/

Nevertheless, not so much fun.

Hey, welcome to the Forum Azika. Did you check any classified ads of CB1100 owners parting their machine off?

Maybe post an image of your damage. Some Forum members might have alternative ideas once they see what you are dealing with.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the advice and the welcome! I didn't realize this was my first actual post here, how inauspicious for me. I will try to get a post in as you recommended perhaps after work. I am attaching a couple photos I took after riding it home.







 
Pics say to log into Google drive.
 
Works now!
 
I tabbed parts for CB1100 on Craig's, so saw it this morning. It's not too far from me if you need an assist.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:

I knew you were hiding something....
Better later than never. In August I was in Europe, but now I am already back!!
All I need to know is your insurance policy and number so I can friendly report this incident in order to adjust your premium. Upwards of course ...:P
Glad to hear it was minor and you are OK, MiLord!
:beerchug:
 
When my coworker hit my Triumph, it made me feel kind of bad. He backed into my bike, and we were literally the only two vehicles in the parking lot. He paid me cash for the fender I found to replace it, but it was enough that he felt compelled to tell his wife about the expense. The sad part was that he was hoping to get a new Camaro, which is notorious for its blind spots.

His wife said "If you can't see out of a Hyundai, you're not getting a Camaro!
 
Glad you came through that okay, Lord Popgun. Those big rigs can be very scary. I was rear-ended in a Miata by a 20 ton gravel truck who never saw me. He kept hitting me, thinking something was wrong with his truck because it wasn't moving. Nearly ran over me. Only thing saved me was I gunned it and got out in front of him and jumped out of the car and started yelling at him. Then he saw me and stopped. Totaled a beautiful Miata.
Behind one on a bike is about the worst I can imagine.
 
Keep a safe distance behind.
If one behind cannot see vehicle's mirrors, the driver ahead cannot see if there is anything behind him.
 
Azika_imp said:
Hello, I recently had someone back into my CB at work and dented/bent the front fender(luckily the only damage done). Are there less expensive than OEM options for replacement?

Any advice is appreciated!
i have one from a 2014 PM me
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I tabbed parts for CB1100 on Craig's, so saw it this morning. It's not too far from me if you need an assist.
I messaged them and will see what they say. My bike is black but if the price is right this might be my option. I was hoping for something aftermarket and relatively inexpensive that would fit but I'm sure that's going to be tough to find.

Thanks for all the support!
 
Azika_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I tabbed parts for CB1100 on Craig's, so saw it this morning. It's not too far from me if you need an assist.
I messaged them and will see what they say. My bike is black but if the price is right this might be my option. I was hoping for something aftermarket and relatively inexpensive that would fit but I'm sure that's going to be tough to find.

Thanks for all the support!
I messaged them and will see what they say. My bike is black but if the price is right this might be my option. I was hoping for something aftermarket and relatively inexpensive that would fit but I'm sure that's going to be tough to find.

Thanks for all the support! If this fender fits in your budget, you could have a wrap put on it in any color your like, or maybe even carbon fiber look. Would be easy, inexpensive and you can always remove the wrap if you find another fender you like better.
:biker:
 
Back
Top