Fresh Coat of Wax

Thread starter
Inline4_imp said:
Looks great!!!
One of the coolest CBs I've seen. Can you post a larger pic?
Jim
This forum only allows small pic attachments I haven't figured out how to get around that limitation. It bounces pics from my iPhone every time. But if you "click" on my thumbnail you get full size
 
Thread starter
Trick to a detailed motorcycle is washing it with S-100 total cycle cleaner. Spray it on and hose it off perfection.
Yes it's a Tadao two tail slip on its not loud but really deep bass sound very ez install plus keeps centerstand
 
736: I got the tapatalk app for my iPhone it's free and links to this forum. Let's you post pics stright from your iPhone D/L it. It's neat it will send you rings of dings about post if you want it to. I'm using it now!
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
I should know this, but how did you wind up with a black '13?

It looks amazing.
I bought a used set of Japan market bodywork from Samurider. With the Vesco fairing its a one-of-a-kind. They also sold me the lower Honda handlebars (pre-drilled), plus the seat.
 
736cc_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
I should know this, but how did you wind up with a black '13?

It looks amazing.
I bought a used set of Japan market bodywork from Samurider. With the Vesco fairing its a one-of-a-kind. They also sold me the lower Honda handlebars (pre-drilled), plus the seat.
I bought a used set of Japan market bodywork from Samurider. With the Vesco fairing its a one-of-a-kind. They also sold me the lower Honda handlebars (pre-drilled), plus the seat.
Oh yeah, I remember that now from last year. When you bought the Japan parts did you have the fairing in mind, or was it just a fortuitous coincidence they match so well?
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
looks awesome!

turtle wax ice, the BEST I've ever used, that stuff is magic!!!!
+1 on the turtlewax ICE... The stuff is goooodd..!

And nothing like to see a well kept motorcycle ..! Nice!
 
For those who don't want to click to show the attachment ...



The bike looks fantastic.
 
What I use for polishing my cars and bikes is Turtle Wax Extreme Nano Tech speed wax. It sounds compolicated, but always had nice results. I use the wax on chrome fenders on CB1100 too.

I wonder about the Vesco fairing - can you get it new, or do you have to restore some old one?
 
Thread starter
I wonder about the Vesco fairing - can you get it new said:
It hasn't been made since 1979 or so. Which is interesting in that a 35 year old fairing complements a new bike thats retro. They show on ebay once in a while, usually from a BMW. The frame brackets are off Vetter fairings. I used a 1980 GS1000 bracket and cut then re-welded it. The oil cooler was the most difficult part to fit.
Here's the Vesco fairing on my 1982 Sabre back in the day
 
Cormanus_imp said:
For those who don't want to click to show the attachment ...



The bike looks fantastic.
+1 on that sentiment, that look is great.

The fairing reminds me of those Dunstall fairings on the big Kawasakis of Mad Max, and those scenes where they were wide open throttle in top gear and tucked in behind that bubble windshield and just running flat out on the straight undivided two lane roads of rural Australia. Gotta love those big inline fours, glad to see our Honda keeping the style alive.

0d0e900903ca4059dd09267d52f88ebd.jpg
 
Had to add a 5 star rating. I concur your bike looks fantastic. I can only imagine the double takes it gets when you cruise down the road.
 
Back
Top