Heads Up Kenda Cruiser K671

Yata-Garasu_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just a heads up.The Kenda cruiser. K671 tire is on clearance on Amazon. I just got a 140 70 18 for a 105 bucks. Delivered to my house. A good deal.

Mine was made in August 2023. Fresh too.
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
Just a heads up.The Kenda cruiser. K671 tire is on clearance on Amazon. I just got a 140 70 18 for a 105 bucks. Delivered to my house. A good deal.

Mine was made in August 2023. Fresh too.
Awesome I gotta look it up

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
Just a heads up.The Kenda cruiser. K671 tire is on clearance on Amazon. I just got a 140 70 18 for a 105 bucks. Delivered to my house. A good deal.

Mine was made in August 2023. Fresh too.
Does it matter? My 2017 has done 2000 miles on factory fitted tires? Should I change cos they’re old?
 
KeepLeft_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
Just a heads up.The Kenda cruiser. K671 tire is on clearance on Amazon. I just got a 140 70 18 for a 105 bucks. Delivered to my house. A good deal.

Mine was made in August 2023. Fresh too.
Does it matter? My 2017 has done 2000 miles on factory fitted tires? Should I change cos they’re old?
Does it matter? My 2017 has done 2000 miles on factory fitted tires? Should I change cos they’re old? I cant speak for your specific case but yes tires can "age" and expire even though they've never been used.

Rubber dries out, loses elasticity, hardens, etc and it can only take a few years given the kind of rubber. That is why tires have date codes on them. I would not pay full price for a tire that is already 4 years old or more. Tires can reach the end of their service life in 6-10 years even if you've maintained them. Most tires have a factory expiration date of 6 years after date of manufacturing.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some vintage collectors brag about motorcycle specimens from the 1980s with the original OEM tires in "mint" condition. :s
I have found that majority of people don't even understand what "Mint" means anymore.

Can't l you how many "fair" condition vehicles I've seen, with accidents, scratches, rust, etc being called "mint"

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
KeepLeft_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
Just a heads up.The Kenda cruiser. K671 tire is on clearance on Amazon. I just got a 140 70 18 for a 105 bucks. Delivered to my house. A good deal.

Mine was made in August 2023. Fresh too.
Does it matter? My 2017 has done 2000 miles on factory fitted tires? Should I change cos they’re old?
Does it matter? My 2017 has done 2000 miles on factory fitted tires? Should I change cos they’re old?
Check out this video recommended by the very knowledgeable pekingduck [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19106&pid=348182#pid348182]here.
 
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some vintage collectors brag about motorcycle specimens from the 1980s with the original OEM tires in "mint" condition. :s
I have found that majority of people don't even understand what "Mint" means anymore.

Can't l you how many "fair" condition vehicles I've seen, with accidents, scratches, rust, etc being called "mint"

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think they "know" what mint is, it's just they don't mind being deceptive attempting to lure lookers to their "fair condition" offering. LOL it would make a good topic!
 
Back
Top