Forum Issues

For whatever it's worth, here is a better picture of what I was try to describe in my previous post:

Screenshot_20260920-184839.webp

Maybe it's not all pictures, and also maybe it's only a problem with the migrated photos? If it's helpful, I uploaded pictures on the old system using the "click in the box" method.
 
The uploaded box pictures are going to be more problematic than the pictures loaded into a hosting service because of how they are stored. Thank you for sharing.

We made more progress tonight. I am still sorting out the results. Will provide a summary tomorrow. Thanks, everyone. David
 
We updated 100,000 posts in the last 24 hours. Please review and let us know how things look. I have a difficult work day ahead. I will check in on the Forum late this evening. Enjoy your week. David
 
I can't find the draft copies of some ride reports I was working on. I'm not sure if they moved over and I can't find them or if they didn't move. Please advise. MTC
 
Nothing in a draft status will port over because it is not a thread or post. However, I am sure we can find a way. Let me check into it tonight. More to follow. David
 
Nothing in a draft status will port over because it is not a thread or post. However, I am sure we can find a way. Let me check into it tonight. More to follow. David
You don't need to do this. I can copy and paste them into a new draft on this side. I just didn't want to miss something obvious.
 
You don't need to do this. I can copy and paste them into a new draft on this side. I just didn't want to miss something obvious.
Please see your message box. Your drafts are there. The event this year was incredible. We are all looking forward to your final report. David
 
Not a problem, but can we label the original poster for a thread every time they post in that thread? Thanks!
 
Thread starter
What exactly do you mean, @Pete in PA? Are you thinking of a tag on the user's avatar or something?
 
Thread starter
Like this. Very handy when speed reading a thread.

I see. That happens when people either reply to or quote a thread. I don't know whether it can be set up to happen automatically; I'll have to defer to @rdprdp01. I also think we may need a poll to see what others think.
 
i can create a script that can cite the author of every post in a thread. I will create it as directed by you, Comanus. I do encourage you to poll the members before we make this Forum-wide change. Please let me know what is best. David
 
Thread starter
I think what Pete in PA wants is for the original post in a thread to be quoted at the start of each subsequent thread. I don't think that's the same as a list of authors of posts in the thread.
 
I think what Pete in PA wants is for the original post in a thread to be quoted at the start of each subsequent thread. I don't think that's the same as a list of authors of posts in the thread.
Say I start a thread, 10 posts later I comment in the thread again, my post says thread starter.
It works particularly well in troubleshooting a maint. task.
 
Thread starter
There is apparently an add on for the forum software that puts a banner on the original poster's avatar. I have no idea whether it is supported or works with the latest version of the software. I'll discuss it with @rdprdp01 and report back.
 
Last edited:
I think what Pete in PA wants is for the original post in a thread to be quoted at the start of each subsequent thread. I don't think that's the same as a list of authors of posts in the thread.

Is this acceptable: appending "Thread Starter" to the thread starter's badge? Please let me know if I am close or if I am done. Thanks for the kindness and patience, everyone. We will get there. David


Thread Starter Example #1

1790280608536.webp

Thread Starter Example #2

1790280484841.webp
Thread
 

Attachments

  • 1790280161701.webp
    1790280161701.webp
    139.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thread starter
@Pete in PA is the member we want to hear from, but that looks to me like what was requested. Well done!
 
Copy that. @Pete in PA frequents the Forum often. Will wait for the boss to say yea or nay! We welcome the feedback of everyone else, too. More to follow. David
 
Back
Top