clearviewx
Been there
I like!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What does that mean? A bike if out of state has to have a certain amount of miles before it can be brought to CA and be registered? Or can they be registered in CA if not a CA bike? I'm unfamiliar with the details, but interested because my daughter is using my OR registered car and she now lives in CA and will continue to do so for several more years...both live their and use my car.Gone in 60_imp said:That is a pretty combination. Oh well, not enough miles to register in CA.


... permanence.Cormanus_imp said:It's a very pretty bike pdedse. I like that orange. I also like the almost constant presence of Mt Hood in your photos. There's something about having such a powerful and constant landmark. Not quite sure what the word is.
It makes for a pretty vista, but every time I see that lump of snow on rock, for me it's memories of taking my son and his friends skiing / boarding numerous times over the years.Cormanus_imp said:It's a very pretty bike pdedse. I like that orange. I also like the almost constant presence of Mt Hood in your photos. There's something about having such a powerful and constant landmark. Not quite sure what the word is.
It makes for a pretty vista, but every time I see that lump of snow on rock, for me it's memories of taking my son and his friends skiing / boarding numerous times over the years.pdedse_imp said:It makes for a pretty vista, but every time I see that lump of snow on rock, for me it's memories of taking my son and his friends skiing / boarding numerous times over the years.Cormanus_imp said:It's a very pretty bike pdedse. I like that orange. I also like the almost constant presence of Mt Hood in your photos. There's something about having such a powerful and constant landmark. Not quite sure what the word is.
Gone in 60_imp said:Pdedse, if you bring an out of state car or motorcycle into California, it must have at least 7500 miles on the clock to register.
I guess it’s intended to discourage people from buying new cars out of state and bringing them here, either for emissions or tax revenue purposes.
Ok, thanks for the yelp idea and other explanation.Gone in 60_imp said:As far as choosing a smog tester, yes, they all do the same thing. They check the car’s emissions and the data gets sent to the state automatically. They each can charge a different amount, typically between $40-$50 or so.
The price typically increases for cars older than about 2000. For cars newer than that, the guy just does a visual inspection and plugs into the OBD2 port. For cars older, a “sniffer” is stuck into the tailpipe, and in some cases the car has to have its drive wheels put on a roller so that the car can be “driven” under load for a few seconds.
For those older cars that need the extra labor, the price goes up, and many shops only accept the 2000-up cars that just need OBD2 plug in.
To get the best deal, I’d check Yelp in the area. Some smog shops post their prices and offer discounts for doing a Yelp “check in”.
Since your case is a bit different than just renewing CA registration, have your daughter explain to the tech that you need a check to renew OR registration, and have her keep the printout that the tech gives her with the smog check results in case OR needs a copy.

That is a great deal to explore a bike you might not like. I'd would do that.Gone in 60_imp said:Hmm. Poking around the Bike Shed website, that INT650 is available for rent for $60 a day. I think a day's ride on it will be my Christmas present to myself!
Would love to read your feedback on how the rental process (and the ride!) went Gone.Gone in 60_imp said:Me too! The solid orange tank is the rental bike. I'll book one soon. Who knows...