Engine guards

soulmachine_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have searched every which way I can think of, so it will probably be something very simple.

Question is, will the engine guards from Honda, #08P70-MGC-N20, work on 2013 bikes?

Honda doesn't have them listed for 2013's, so if anyone can confirm they will work on 2013 bikes, I would appreciate it.
 
Yes, Soulmachine. The Honda part number 08P70-MGC-N20 engine guards will fit perfectly on the 2013 CB1100. I bought them from Pro Caliber for $148.50 and installed them on my '13 CB.

 
http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx

Go here for official Honda instructions. If you get the timed out page, click on the upperish right where it says top home or some such, then go in, select your bike and then accessory. Instructions are .pdf.

Those bolts are in pretty tight. More torque will get them out. Or I guess you could use an impact wrench. Use a Torque wrench when re-installing.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx

Go here for official Honda instructions. If you get the timed out page, click on the upperish right where it says top home or some such, then go in, select your bike and then accessory. Instructions are .pdf.

Those bolts are in pretty tight. More torque will get them out. Or I guess you could use an impact wrench. Use a Torque wrench when re-installing.
Thanks and $148.00 is a deal for those.
 
Yea, they are really nice with an old school look. You have to really lean into those bolts but make sure you use the exact size so you dont strip the head.
 
DJS_imp said:
Ron in MO_imp said:
Yes, Soulmachine. The Honda part number 08P70-MGC-N20 engine guards will fit perfectly on the 2013 CB1100. I bought them from Pro Caliber for $148.50 and installed them on my '13 CB.



just got this delivered the other day.
any hints on installation?
tried to loosen the bolt on the frame and it did not budge.

Leverage is your friend. I had the same trouble with a standard sized ratchet. I switched to a 24 inch breaker bar and it loosened right up.
 
Back
Top