Cure for cabin fever

Its a good feeling isnt it? Its 70 degrees here right this second and I got out a bit earlier just because and the wind liken to have blown me off the road. :( Gusts are between 20-30 mph so I turned around just happy to get home alive and parked it. :( It will be a month of Sundays before we are having anymore decent weather here.
 
Glad you got out, Ferret. It must be a great relief for you after all those weeks of cold and snow and incipient cabin fever. I'd have come over all sentimental and mawkish looking at my old bikes. They become like friends and it's sad to see them go. I hope some lucky punter grabs your CB100 soon. They weren't made for sitting around in showrooms.

I notice you're wearing a hi vis vest. I saw this piece on a British site the other day, Discuss: hi-vis is an idiotic fad which might interest you. I hasten to add I've no view on this, but being a curmudgeon myself, I quite like contrarians. If noting else they make you think.
 
I see they are asking $8,500 for your ex-bike. I wonder how fast it'll sell, and for how much. There's probably a month or so left on the factory warranty.

Maybe you'll see it buzzing around town!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Glad you got out, Ferret. It must be a great relief for you after all those weeks of cold and snow and incipient cabin fever. I'd have come over all sentimental and mawkish looking at my old bikes. They become like friends and it's sad to see them go. I hope some lucky punter grabs your CB100 soon. They weren't made for sitting around in showrooms.

I notice you're wearing a hi vis vest. I saw this piece on a British site the other day, Discuss: hi-vis is an idiotic fad which might interest you. I hasten to add I've no view on this, but being a curmudgeon myself, I quite like contrarians. If noting else they make you think.
Thanks for the link Cormanus. We all have our own opinions and I would like to give mine, but we don't want to hijack this thread do we?

The ferret, glad you got out of the house on two wheels.

P.S. I have a hi-viz vest that I use at night or in bad weather, not sure if it works as intended. If I had my way I rather ride at night on a Tron bike in a Tron suit.

Oops I guess I gave my opinion after all!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
Um, What did you have at Dickeys?
Pulled pork sandwich with original BBQ sauce ( although I tried all 3) macaroni and cheese ( and I tried the jalapeno beans my brother got) a root beer and a little ice cream cone.

redbirds_imp said:
Glad you could get out today. What was the temp?
It got up to 67 here today. i was actually over dressed but didn't think it would be that warm lol

Cormanus_imp said:
Glad you got out, Ferret. It must be a great relief for you after all those weeks of cold and snow and incipient cabin fever. I'd have come over all sentimental and mawkish looking at my old bikes. They become like friends and it's sad to see them go. I hope some lucky punter grabs your CB100 soon. They weren't made for sitting around in showrooms.

I notice you're wearing a hi vis vest. I saw this piece on a British site the other day, Discuss: hi-vis is an idiotic fad which might interest you. I hasten to add I've no view on this, but being a curmudgeon myself, I quite like contrarians. If noting else they make you think.
I wore the Hi Viz vest because right now people are not used to seeing motorcycles and I wanted to be a little more conspicuous. In the summer if Im riding down town or through town on the freeway Ill wear the Hi Viz vest. Most of the summer I dont wear it. Ive though about a high viz jacket, but I have what 9 jackets ? ( see the I am a Gearaholic thread lol) and I really don't need another for a little while anyway. Coming from 24 1/2 years in the Highway Traffic Safety Products business, I can absolutely unequivocally guarantee you are more visible wearing Hi Viz than not wearing it, however, I don't always feel like playing it safe.I ride motorcycles.


Yes it felt great to get out! I hear next week we are headed back I to the teens, and if the roads are clear I will get to ride some more.

Don't think they will get what they are asking for my CB, but people tend to pay more at dealerships than they would from a private seller. I expect they will get near $8k for it though.
 
Good thread idea.

Not much to share, but here's a few shots I took today for this thread.

A quick check of the weather shows a typical Portland winter day. Grey and damp:
2dc94f1744570928919271017c3bdaf1.jpg


Since my CB1100 is spotless at the moment and my Hawk GT is in need of a bath, it's been the chosen ride for my commute the past couple of days:
6eb5a0d16a6c8a866bc44e0dcb1cda2a.jpg


Temps were in the mid-40's here today. One thing I don't miss with my CB: Remembering to use the choke — this was definitely needed today:
9e1cae952bbb2a5f27fe8c720a14f115.jpg


On the side note: I was definitely sporting my hi-viz vest today in the grey dampness. I actually wear it year round. My eyes pick up on the stuff when others are wearing it and that's all I need to know. To each their own and all of that of course.
 
Thread starter
Nice pics Guth. Do you get snow in Portland?

I remember chokes lol. They went the way of kickstarters, points, condensers, drum brakes etc lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice pics Guth. Do you get snow in Portland?

I remember chokes lol. They went the way of kickstarters, points, condensers, drum brakes etc lol
We'll typically see snow here just a few times each winter, which is fine by me. It doesn't usually last for more than a day or so and then it's gone. If I want to play in the snow, I'll head up towards the mountains to do so.

Two weeks ago however, we received quite a few inches of the stuff along with some freezing rain. There was enough to overwhelm the amount of equipment on tap around here to deal with such conditions, and it added up over 4 days time. It didn't quite shut the city down, but things did come to a crawl. I remember back when I lived in Illinois, salt was used on the roads to melt the snow/ice. No salt here. Instead, when it really adds up like this last storm, they lay down gravel. Which is now all over the surface streets making for an "interesting" commute.
 
Thread starter
Ahh they call that grit back here. Most cities wont use it because it clogs the storms drains. They do use it out in the country though sometimes.
 
Nice pics, Guth. Ferret beat me to it with a comment about the choke. My VT750 had one.
 
Thread starter
Snow was falling hot and heavy this afternoon, but it petered out and none stuck to the streets I don't think. Felt really lucky to get out for a couple hours the other day.
 
Back
Top