The Cormanus Chronicles: Looking after a mate's mental health

Pic 3 is our esteemed moderator and story teller extraordinaire Cormanus
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Pic 3 is our esteemed moderator and story teller extraordinaire Cormanus
Pic 3: Skipping over the map image (i.e. 4th image)?

= = =

Short-like, and greying beard?
Pic 3? Or is that Pic 2 and/or 5?

Or Pic 3 and skipping over the map image?
Pic is a pic and map is a map in a modern world terms...:P
Pics 2-3-4 are of my concern.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Pic 3 is our esteemed moderator and story teller extraordinaire Cormanus
Pic 3: Skipping over the map image (i.e. 4th image)?

= = =

Short-like, and greying beard?
Pic 3: Skipping over the map image (i.e. 4th image)?

= = =

Short-like, and greying beard?
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Pic 3 is our esteemed moderator and story teller extraordinaire Cormanus
Pic 3: Skipping over the map image (i.e. 4th image)?

= = =

Short-like, and greying beard?
Pic 3? Or is that Pic 2 and/or 5?

Or Pic 3 and skipping over the map image?
Pic is a pic and map is a map in a modern world terms...:P
Pics 2-3-4 are of my concern.
I seemed to have got it PB.


Well: Hello Mr. Cormanus.
 
geesh .... the guy in red shirt wearing the boonie hat, looking at the open trunk by the water (pond?).

Not the guy at the gas station, and not the guy standing by the two bikes with no water.
 
So at the gas station and between the two bikes (the same person, I guess) ...could be NRTM, Pterodactyl or someone else Cormanus rode with??
 
"As a working stiff (an American expression I like a lot), GrahamT, member and occasional poster on this forum, needs to take the occasional day off to get his head straight. A mental health day, as he calls it, must involve his CB1100. Because his head apparently isn’t straight on these occasions it’s incapable of thought and so I have to all the work of planning a route and guiding him on his way. In return his wife manufacturers some splendid sandwiches for us to eat somewhere along the way. See, he really is a mess."

I assume that would be Graham T
 
Geees, now you made a simple case even more complicated....:D
From now on, I am no longer afraid of Aussie fellas.....:shy:
 
First off - Another great telling, Cormanus, and nice hat. :)

"I can’t begin to say how annoying that was. I usually wing it, but this time I’d done an enormous amount of work to program a route into my Sygic app. All for nothing." -- I think you and I are in the minority group that actually enjoys the planning of a ride. I view a well-planned route as something akin to a gift I'm giving to those riding behind me. If I'm planning a solo route, I usually am doing so to be sure I hit a certain road at a certain intersection or a certain place at a certain time and I've headed out on rides with those goals but no set route and, as often as not, miss that road or that restaurant that I had in my head.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "You just go" attitude of the Johnny Strabler and there are many times when I just go, but I get frustrated with the in-route forced change; a) because I'm not big on change to begin with, b) I feel like I dropped the "gift" on the way to the party, and c) usually the change is caused by some other unpleasant circumstance like rain, mechanical issues, construction, or illness any one of which just adds to the frustration.

May your routes go as planned frequently and when they do not, may the unplanned route unveil something new and wonderful...and dry.
 
Thread starter
Au₂O₃, my early morning forum foray today was interesting indeed. Oh ... and:

Hello Mr GoldOxide.

Before having to face up the awful truth, let me briefly continue to indulge the fantasy that my little story made some sense.

KiowaEagle and EmptySea, thank you for the kind words.

pdedse, perhaps come to Queensland second? Or I could ride to Adelaide to say g’day. But I’ll understand if you never make it. Long haul flying sucks.

EmptySea, hats are probably the topic of a dedicated thread. Suffice it to say my bucket hat—for that is what they're called here—lives in my top box and is serviceable for keeping the sun off my balding head. Queensland is, after all, the melanoma capital of Australia if not the world.

So, too, the conversation about route planning should probably be taken up elsewhere, but it provides a handy segue into the depressing aspect of the morning. Often when GrahamT and I head out for a ride, I just set out with nothing more than a vague idea of where we'll go. I like that as I can turn down any road that takes my fancy, but we're usually riding in places I know reasonably well and so recovering from mistakes is straightforward. Ish. Going somewhere I've not been, it's very satisfying to plan the route and have it all fall into place. Much less satisfying—and slightly embarrassing to have to keep stopping to consult the map to find out where the heck you are.

It's also embarrassing to have to face the truth that one's story telling lacks any clarity. In another context altogether, I was recalling someone from half a lifetime ago who used to say often, 'If the truth hurts wear it.'

So, peterbaron, thank you for facing me up to a truth I'll just have to wear. All the compliments had gone to my head.

I'll work my way sequentially through the questions in this post:
[li]It was a one day ride only.[/li] [li]No. Im tempted to stop there, but my therapist would tell me to force myself to spell out the truth. The tall dude in pictures 2 and 3 is GrahamT.[/li] [li]The munchkin (as my colleague The ferret would have it) in picture 4 (assuming the map is a picture?) is me, Cormanus.[/li] [li]Yes. Like Canada, Australia is a big place, but it's further from the South Pole that you are from the North Pole. If a bloke lived in Tasmania or Victoria, he would probably curtail his riding a little in the winter months, although as a youngster in Tasmania I rode all year round. The Queensland climate is very different so riding in winter is often a great deal more pleasant than riding in summer.
[/li] My colleagues have resolved the difficult question of whether a picture of a map is or isn't a picture.

Finally, before I go and load up on medication, it's my turn to ask a question: why, in [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16499&pid=287580#pid287580]this post do you suggest you were frightened of Australians?
 
Heh, heh...was just testing Australian waters...before visiting Queensland.... :P
Glad to hear your clarification and that everything is OK = :thumbsup:
My friend in Adelaide doesn't ride so often during Australian "winter" season, that's why I asked.
TY.

But now more serious:
As you know, I have a friend residing in Adelaide, whom I've known since grade 1.
Him and his family of three already visited us three times in Canada.
We accepted their invitation (2011!!) to Australia but never fulfilled it, mostly 'cos I can stand flying non stop from LA to Melbourne or Sydney..16 hrs :(
In think, if Covid 19 is gone for good, then we will visit Australia for 4-6 weeks.
Here is the original plan:

Los Angeles
Sydney - Sydney Australia Tourist Guide
Brisbane Brisbane , Get Up & Gold Coast , http://www.sunshinecoast-australia.com
Cairns - informationcentres.com.au , informationcentres.com.au
Adelaide - Day Tours and Experiences , http://www.sealink.com.au

If you see a "strange guy riding his white CB", this will be me :)
 
Back
Top