Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Houtman if you make it here, let me know. We have lots of good rides around here and I've got a place for you to stay, if the travel restrictions ever end..treedoc_imp said:Houtman if you make it here, let me know. We have lots of good rides around here and I've got a place for you to stay, if the travel restrictions ever end..Houtman_imp said:I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
You can stay in a tent if you want, or travel the country in a campervan on a shoestring budget, like thousands of visitors do every year. There is visitor accommodation to suit all budgets.j3gq_imp said:I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.michael1954_imp said:I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.peterbaron_imp said:, yes we do that on cars as well, brakes needs to be serviced from time to time, it prevents from being sticky and squeaky
any grease ? or a special product like the OP suggests ?
Over the last few years since the financial crisis it has apparently become the playground for the super rich and their kids and teens. It’s easier to book a heli flight than to find accommodation which fits your pockets. Prices all over the place soaring. Locals from NZ, please tell me my very limited, second hand knowledge is wrong.Houtman_imp said:I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
Housing affordability on a NZ wage is another matter...
Over the last few years since the financial crisis it has apparently become the playground for the super rich and their kids and teens. It’s easier to book a heli flight than to find accommodation which fits your pockets. Prices all over the place soaring. Locals from NZ, please tell me my very limited, second hand knowledge is wrong.
You can stay in a tent if you want, or travel the country in a campervan on a shoestring budget, like thousands of visitors do every year. There is visitor accommodation to suit all budgets.
Housing affordability on a NZ wage is another matter...
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your kind offer ! We hope to make it to Holland and England this year to visit our respective families as it was all cancelled last year . Still does not look good for this year either .
, yes we do that on cars as well, brakes needs to be serviced from time to time, it prevents from being sticky and squeaky