CRC Disc Brake Quiet

I've got the squeaky-squack front brakes that seems to plague the '17ex. Started at around 700 miles and it's been consistent since then. A couple of members here have reported no luck with grease on back of pads, but I'd like to give it a try. Is it simply a matter of removing pads, spraying the CRC Disc Brake Quiet on the back and re-inserting them?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Gold, It’s Honda Extra Quiet brake fluid. Hard to find, but worth it :D
What M1954 meant was that every 2-year interval or so, he replaces brake fluid, and from time to time, it may overlap with brake service as well
Sounds logic to me.

Are you two running milk in your brake lines...:P
:biker:
 
My brake and clutch fluids, 4 plugs, air filter, headers, front tire + few more things are due this spring/56K kms.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Gold, It’s Honda Extra Quiet brake fluid. Hard to find, but worth it :D
What M1954 meant was that every 2-year interval or so, he replaces brake fluid, and from time to time, it may overlap with brake service as well
Sounds logic to me.

Are you two running milk in your brake lines...:P
:biker:
What M1954 meant was that every 2-year interval or so, he replaces brake fluid, and from time to time, it may overlap with brake service as well
Sounds logic to me.

Are you two running milk in your brake lines...:P
:biker:
A friend of mine with a W 800 uses the 2% milk in his brake system , the whole milk had too many calories and the bike became too heavy.....
 
j3gq_imp said:
New Zealand's contribution to Western culture ?
Yep, that and No8 wire, rugby, pavlovas, jet boats, bungee jumping, airplanes, the haka, jetpacks, Covid19 management, etc :celebrate:
 
Thread starter
I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
 
I spent three weeks in Australia a few years ago and loved it, but haven't made it to New Zealand yet.
It's still on my bucket list so there is still hope :D :D
 
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
:thumbsup:, yes we do that on cars as well, brakes needs to be serviced from time to time, it prevents from being sticky and squeaky
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
any grease ? or a special product like the OP suggests ?
Houtman_imp said:
I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
Over the last few years since the financial crisis it has apparently become the playground for the super rich and their kids and teens. It’s easier to book a heli flight than to find accommodation which fits your pockets. Prices all over the place soaring. Locals from NZ, please tell me my very limited, second hand knowledge is wrong.
 
j3gq_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
:thumbsup:, yes we do that on cars as well, brakes needs to be serviced from time to time, it prevents from being sticky and squeaky
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
any grease ? or a special product like the OP suggests ?
Houtman_imp said:
I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
Over the last few years since the financial crisis it has apparently become the playground for the super rich and their kids and teens. It’s easier to book a heli flight than to find accommodation which fits your pockets. Prices all over the place soaring. Locals from NZ, please tell me my very limited, second hand knowledge is wrong.
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
any grease ? or a special product like the OP suggests ?
I use an anti seize brake lube. It comes as coper or aluminium mix...maybe even more...
This is for metal parts:
Google Search

For robber boots/sliders, I use silicone lubricating compound:

24f305fd0cce2bc3b1c8143b2ce262ec.jpg


Lots of good and different products on the market.
Use it as specified.
 
Good quality boots/sliders (typically OEM) I find don't require additional rubbing agents, even when left all day, five days a week, baking in profuse, direct hot summer beat-down rays.
 
Never done any brake service on any of my bikes either...we're talking about products, I use for cars :)
 
Houtman_imp said:
I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
Houtman if you make it here, let me know. We have lots of good rides around here and I've got a place for you to stay, if the travel restrictions ever end..

j3gq_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
:thumbsup:, yes we do that on cars as well, brakes needs to be serviced from time to time, it prevents from being sticky and squeaky
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
I do all my own brake work, from rebuilding the calipers and replacing what is worn; but the simple task of grease to prevent squeaking on bikes & cars, works. Takes no time, cost almost nothing, and helps you live with brakes that do not sound like something is about to lock up. Since I replace fluids every year or two, and attend to calipers if needed, I have very quiet brakes on my vehicles, and recommend more people take the time take care for the most important safety item on a bike, save the tires.
any grease ? or a special product like the OP suggests ?
Houtman_imp said:
I would love to visit New Zealand as it is such a beautiful country but so far away from us . We have seen many tv programs about your Country and friends of us lived there for 6 months and loved it.
Over the last few years since the financial crisis it has apparently become the playground for the super rich and their kids and teens. It’s easier to book a heli flight than to find accommodation which fits your pockets. Prices all over the place soaring. Locals from NZ, please tell me my very limited, second hand knowledge is wrong.
You can stay in a tent if you want, or travel the country in a campervan on a shoestring budget, like thousands of visitors do every year. There is visitor accommodation to suit all budgets.
Housing affordability on a NZ wage is another matter...
 
Back
Top