CB1100 Sidecar Experiment

This morning, when I was leaving for work at 5 am, I got skunk in my backyard, and my dachshund went crazy inside the house (perfect sniffer, without seeing it)... so you know, the hunt is on...she already chased it away last summer.
Skunk days are numbered, if it enters my backyard again and Bella is out....
 
However you get skunk smell off a dog, well, you better get ready to do it!! You have been warned :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
However you get skunk smell off a dog, well, you better get ready to do it!! You have been warned :)
No worry, Bella's business. She is very good at that
 
peterbaron_imp said:
This morning, when I was leaving for work at 5 am, I got skunk in my backyard, and my dachshund went crazy inside the house (perfect sniffer, without seeing it)... so you know, the hunt is on...she already chased it away last summer.
Skunk days are numbered, if it enters my backyard again and Bella is out....
I hope not to deal with too many skunks this year. (fingers crossed) :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
Hello Carlenn,

Great idea to take the sidecar endorsement class! I wish one was offered in my neck of the woods. Riding with a sidecar is certainly very different than doing the two-wheeled thing.

I purchased my CB1100 specifically to be setup and used as a sidecar rig, so I've never taken it off. I had the sidecar professionally installed at The Warkshop in Ohio. The builder, Bob Wark did include a special dolly for me to make it easier, in case I ever did want to remove the sidecar.

I get the sense from reading other forums that experienced sidecar riders don't typically recommend getting a sidecar rig and planning to also use it as a two-wheeled ride. It seems there can be some fine tuning, tweaking and adjustment involved when removing then replacing the sidecar.

Fortunately, I have a couple of other bikes to use when I want the two-wheeled experience. My dog gets upset when I take those, though! : )

Hope this helps.

carlenn_imp said:
 
Thread starter
Hey all,

Getting the CB1100 rig ready for the riding season. Added a couple of mods in the past week.

1. Going to give the National Cycle Street Shield EX a try for the cooler weather we still have here.
751f50352de71675d775a9b6291ef66e.jpg


2. Finally got the sidecar brake and tail lights wired. WIll hopefully add a bit of visibility.
2b4113c070f5041d590c97181539f46a.jpg


3. Most importantly, added the ultimate upgrade to the CB1100. I noticed that everything seemed to function better after putting these on. ;)
bfbc1027484b592f0e01ad18035ef732.jpg


Next will be a sidecar nose rack with removable windscreen.

Ride on!
 
deltamark_imp said:
Hey all,

Getting the CB1100 rig ready for the riding season. Added a couple of mods in the past week.

1. Going to give the National Cycle Street Shield EX a try for the cooler weather we still have here.
751f50352de71675d775a9b6291ef66e.jpg


2. Finally got the sidecar brake and tail lights wired. WIll hopefully add a bit of visibility.
2b4113c070f5041d590c97181539f46a.jpg


3. Most importantly, added the ultimate upgrade to the CB1100. I noticed that everything seemed to function better after putting these on. ;)
bfbc1027484b592f0e01ad18035ef732.jpg


Next will be a sidecar nose rack with removable windscreen.

Ride on!
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Looking good delta.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics of Rudi in the tub!
Thanks dbarkdoll. Rudi has been having some health issues the past few months, but he still gets really geeked up every time I even get near the CB1100 rig. I'm planning to take him to the BMW Ohio RA camp out in two weeks.

Here's a pic to hold you over. :D
224efcd1f4758bb4bba0785cc239fa8a.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
deltamark_imp said:
Hey all,

Getting the CB1100 rig ready for the riding season. Added a couple of mods in the past week.

1. Going to give the National Cycle Street Shield EX a try for the cooler weather we still have here.
751f50352de71675d775a9b6291ef66e.jpg


2. Finally got the sidecar brake and tail lights wired. WIll hopefully add a bit of visibility.
2b4113c070f5041d590c97181539f46a.jpg


3. Most importantly, added the ultimate upgrade to the CB1100. I noticed that everything seemed to function better after putting these on. ;)
bfbc1027484b592f0e01ad18035ef732.jpg


Next will be a sidecar nose rack with removable windscreen.

Ride on!
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
A padawan no longer you are!

Awesome rig. It really does complement the bike :thumbsup:
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Oh no, poor Rudi. :( I hope he gets well ASAP.
Would Rudi (or any animal) where some sort of "ear muffs" to dampen the issue of hearing loss due to wind noise? Or does folding back the ears work well enough?
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Oh no, poor Rudi. :( I hope he gets well ASAP.
Thanks dbarkdoll. We have him on some medication for a respiratory issue and it does seem to be helping. Hopefully warmer weather will improve it even more!

GoldOxide_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Oh no, poor Rudi. :( I hope he gets well ASAP.
Would Rudi (or any animal) where some sort of "ear muffs" to dampen the issue of hearing loss due to wind noise? Or does folding back the ears work well enough?
Hey GoldOxide, not sure if they make ear protection for dogs. I'll have to look into that. Most all of the time, I place a stretch knit neck warmer around Rudi's ears to prevent them from flopping in the wind. Hopefully that dampens the wind noise some too. I noticed that when he wears that, he shows more tolerance of riding at higher speeds.

Django_imp said:
What make of sidecar is that? Looks like a copy of a Steib sidecar.
Hi Django, the sidecar is from a 2002 Ural Tourist. I had it painted.
 
Back
Top