CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I kinda combined two parts of the challenge this month. Here's a picture of my winter "utilitarian" (fun) vehicle on the "beach" of frozen Utah Lake.

I wonder how far I could drive out...

 
Nice work, Roper. I hope you get a bonus point or two.
 
Roper_imp said:
Okay, I kinda combined two parts of the challenge this month. Here's a picture of my winter "utilitarian" (fun) vehicle on the "beach" of frozen Utah Lake.

I wonder how far I could drive out...
Where is the "other half", being I assume the CB1100? :s
 
I wish I had a winter toy like Roper's!

Another submission, only put it here instead of the other threads because Pdedse said he likes boats.

While my wife's Saturday nursing job is thriving right now, my Saturday job at an L.A. museum is still shut down, so I've found myself with more Saturday riding time than I'm used to. My city was projected to get hot on Saturday, so I went for an early morning ride and pushed my chores off till later in the day.

Last Sunday, I was waxing nostalgic on my birthday and wanted to see my childhood neighborhood in the L.A. Harbor area. I noticed a higher volume that I was used to seeing of cargo ships stacked up outside the harbor. Lots of container ships and "ROROs" (Car transport ships), as well as (I assume dormant) cruise liners. So, this Saturday I rode to Long Beach to take a closer look. The volume of waiting ships had decreased quite a bit, but there were still several out there. Skulking around the harbor, cranes were working like mad to load and unload container ships. I wanted to stop and take some close ups of the cranes, but the truck traffic was buzzing back and forth.

Cruising along Ocean Blvd in Long Beach, I looked for a gap in the apartment complexes that would give the best view of the bay. The one in the first pictures here gave a good panorama, showing one of the "oil islands", which are oil drilling rigs disguised to look like island resorts. In the distance in the center, you can see a docked cruise ship on the left, the white dome that used to house the Spruce Goose in the middle, and the Queen Mary on the right. On the left in the distance is a forest of cranes to load and unload container ships. ...And a few sidewalk residences in the foreground just behind my CB. In the distance, there are some tankers, cargo ships and cruise ships.

The third picture is shot from a parking area along the working part of the harbor, where lots of people come to fish off of the rocks on the jetty. You can get a closer look at the docked Carnival cruise ship, the Spruce Goose Dome, which is now used as part of the cruise ship terminal, and the three stacks of the Queen Mary.
 
The winter machine. Not at tbe beach tho. Sorry
50689e4a6599fd787fa9315b986df18a.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I'm digging that people are showing their toys. I was figuring we'd just see a bunch of rusted out 15 year old winter beater cars.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
shouldn't there always be a CB 1100 in the photo somewhere?
I may have misunderstood this months challenge, if I did, I do apologise, and moderators can take the post down, no issues. But I don't think I did
GoldOxide_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
shouldn't there always be a CB 1100 in the photo somewhere?
It could be on this day Tod is in pain.
It could be on this day Tod is in pain. Yes you can see the pain in my face, every day when not riding the CB is like that lol

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
The winter machine. Not at tbe beach tho. Sorry
50689e4a6599fd787fa9315b986df18a.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Technically, the photo should include the CB1100 AND your "off-season" ride. However, a pic of a 4-wheeler with Bob Dylan smoking a joint is an acceptable exception to the rule.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
The winter machine. Not at tbe beach tho. Sorry
50689e4a6599fd787fa9315b986df18a.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Technically, the photo should include the CB1100 AND your "off-season" ride. However, a pic of a 4-wheeler with Bob Dylan smoking a joint is an acceptable exception to the rule.
Technically, the photo should include the CB1100 AND your "off-season" ride. However, a pic of a 4-wheeler with Bob Dylan smoking a joint is an acceptable exception to the rule. LoL
5b471f79a43f9073549b60a511b33b13.png
4125347bd2d78aae2a4af67cca0e603c.png
191f6ccec4a7f7f5f7e909f775175a4d.png
77e6fb7633cac7711b25469bbc928ece.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
EmptySea_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
The winter machine. Not at tbe beach tho. Sorry
50689e4a6599fd787fa9315b986df18a.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Technically, the photo should include the CB1100 AND your "off-season" ride. However, a pic of a 4-wheeler with Bob Dylan smoking a joint is an acceptable exception to the rule.
lol - Mr. Zimmerman looks sooo young!
 
Thread starter
Streets and Sky were clear enough for a ride today. 41 miles at 29°f. Perfect day to go to the beach!

3ad16fca8afb128b8b204f4c3a237fca.jpg

Tower Road Beach, Winnetka, IL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Streets and Sky were clear enough for a ride today. 41 miles at 29°f. Perfect day to go to the beach!

3ad16fca8afb128b8b204f4c3a237fca.jpg

Tower Road Beach, Winnetka, IL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you like your Oxford heated grips? Those look nice, just wondering how well they work

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Gordo - I like them a lot. They get plenty hot and were pretty easy to install.

Au₂O₃ - I think The Ferret was first with a beach pic. cookiemech was first with a qualifying picture, though — his CB next to his winter ride.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top