CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the ride and the beach pic Sea!
 
EmptySea' pid='286460' dateline='1611499580 said:
Gordo - I like them a lot. They get plenty hot and were pretty easy to install.



Thank you sir! I was hoping you'd say that. Adding this to my 2021 list of upgrade to do's.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Gordo - I like them a lot. They get plenty hot and were pretty easy to install.

Au₂O₃ - I think The Ferret was first with a beach pic. cookiemech was first with a qualifying picture, though — his CB next to his winter ride.
lol - somewhat ironic that qualifying candidate submissions seem to emit from places of ice cold winter seasons.
 
Although far from qualifying for anything, this is the closest I was able to legally get on a beach. The beach is just over the ridge, about 25 feet away. The body of water is Lake Ontario.

 
Cool!

Fancy helmet GO. Goes good with the Twin.
 
Okay, so the weather has warmed up a bit. I decided to play by the rules and ensure my CB is in the photo. I rode to back to Utah Lake. This time I went to Lincoln Beach (now there's a positive spin) where the ice is starting to melt.

 
Good job Roper. Dirt looks clumpy on your tire
 
The ferret_imp said:
Good job Roper. Dirt looks clumpy on your tire
Yeah...it was a little muddy. Then I was on gravel for a bit. Then back onto asphalt. I got some nice little "pings" from that metal front fender. Let's see--if I put Africa Twin shocks in the clamps, and maybe even AT wheels, and more aggressive tires, and had someone make me a custom billet skid plate, then I could have the smoothest ADV bike ever!
 
Man, some good effort to get that photo! Extra points for anyone who has to get their bike dirty to get the shot. Made me think about the comment of "legally" being on a beach. You can't really be "on" a beach with a vehicle anywhere around me, but made me think of a parking lot in Long Beach that runs right up to the sand, and if you can snag enough spots in the right place, you can put a car or motorcycle right up next to the beach, and in the right light, have a nice sunset in the background.

Back when we had things called magazines, it was a prime spot for editors to take cars and motorcycles for feature article photo sessions. I'd hang out there just to strike up conversations with the photographers.
 
Roper_imp said:
Okay, so the weather has warmed up a bit. I decided to play by the rules and ensure my CB is in the photo. I rode to back to Utah Lake. This time I went to Lincoln Beach (now there's a positive spin) where the ice is starting to melt.

Yes, agreed - like!

Was the CB a bit unwieldy in the mud?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Roper_imp said:
Okay, so the weather has warmed up a bit. I decided to play by the rules and ensure my CB is in the photo. I rode to back to Utah Lake. This time I went to Lincoln Beach (now there's a positive spin) where the ice is starting to melt.

Yes, agreed - like!

Was the CB a bit unwieldy in the mud?
Yes. I took it slow and had my feet down. The biggest drawback is the tires. Virtually zero traction in the mud. The bike is heavy, but the center of gravity is low, so as long as I didn't lean...
 
Thread starter
I believe that cookiemech should be working on the February challenge photo subject. Looking forward to it
 
Never occurred to me that my somewhat illegitimate January photo (Ural having three wheels and not four, though it DOES have a spare) would be the first.

Anyway, I propose that the February challenge should be your CB with your town's most interesting municipal vehicle. Could be a fire engine, a truck used for road maintenance, or a tractor used to cut brush along the roads. Bonus points for plow trucks!
 
Thread starter
Nice! With all this snow here, I may be able to stage my bike in the driveway and wait for that bonus plow. For darn sure won’t be riding to the Public Works garage to get a photo by our backhoe or oversize dump truck fir a few days.
 
New month, new challenge. Someone please give me a reason to ride somewhere besides work and home.

Thank you.
 
Look two posts up, Gone in 60. Well, 3 posts up from this one.
 
Thanks, Cormanus, guess I just got too excited to look.

Well, there's a ton of construction going on to widen the 405 freeway a few blocks from my office, so this shouldn't be too hard...
(I'm not counting this pic, it's pretty old. Just thought it was cool to catch a scooper in mid-dump.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top