CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]

peterbaron_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
One month late, apologies for the illegitimate parking but so it be to get the photo.

Regards NRTM
Aaaaaah, white is always nice = beautiful bike :thumbsup:
I love the white ones ... perhaps a secret desire to pull people over? :P
[/QUOTE]

:D
Great story and pics ZBill :thumbsup:

In about 1979, my friend's cousin in France had a 2 cyl/2 stroke 250cc Motobecane and together with his girlfriend made a trip across Europe from France to Poland and back to Paris without any issue...

As to my white: CB, helmet, jacket, black pants and boots, when riding on two line roads or hi-ways, I have a feeling that some drivers are approaching me very slowly and cautiously, thinking that I am an unmarked motorcycle cop... happened so many times, while at the same time, I am looking around to see if there are any real ones..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8513f7d9d2c7e051c165e94bf10b421f.jpg

Unmarked Police Interceptor in Canada = be aware:D
 
Thanks for the story, ZBill. I didn't mean to hijack the monthly photo thread. I would start a new thread but I have no photos of my blue 1975 CB400F... and that makes me very sad.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Thanks for the story, ZBill. I didn't mean to hijack the monthly photo thread. I would start a new thread but I have no photos of my blue 1975 CB400F... and that makes me very sad.
Here, let me get this thread back on track then ... oh, wait ... :-/

a84c61e458d475d5da576a1232db984e.jpg


peterbaron_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
One month late, apologies for the illegitimate parking but so it be to get the photo.

Regards NRTM
Aaaaaah, white is always nice = beautiful bike :thumbsup:
I love the white ones ... perhaps a secret desire to pull people over? :P
[/QUOTE]

:D
Great story and pics ZBill :thumbsup:

In about 1979, my friend's cousin in France had a 2 cyl/2 stroke 250cc Motobecane and together with his girlfriend made a trip across Europe from France to Poland and back to Paris without any issue...

As to my white: CB, helmet, jacket, black pants and boots, when riding on two line roads or hi-ways, I have a feeling that some drivers are approaching me very slowly and cautiously, thinking that I am an unmarked motorcycle cop... happened so many times, while at the same time, I am looking around to see if there are any real ones..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8513f7d9d2c7e051c165e94bf10b421f.jpg

Unmarked Police Interceptor in Canada = be aware:D
[/QUOTE]
That bike would certainly scare ME ... even up close, never mind in my rear view mirror!

1d7202851776117834c9ed8da6de23aa.jpg
 
use2b_imp said:
zbillster Love seeing the old pics. If we do not have a thread of Members on their bikes day's gone by we sure need one ......... Hint , Hint
Start one use2b. But maybe put it in the “Other Bikes” section.
Aussieflyer_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
One month late, apologies for the illegitimate parking but so it be to get the photo.

Regards NRTM
Nice one NRTM, you got away with it before the cops arrived

401cd6674d074b8de049401d50b0e7b9.jpg
Nice one NRTM, you got away with it before the cops arrived

0f4b9b68b175cae2b18151d1b9535226.jpg

Don’t be too sure, Aussieflyer. I hear tell the police at Sale are poring over the forum.
 
Took a ride through Amish country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and then stopped at my favorite water hole. Used to be an active member but been a social member since 1978. They’ve got a great bar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I did it! i did a monthly challenge!! this one was finally easy enough for my lazy rear end to accomplish. :biker:
SCCBrider and I grabbed this one before bending around the twisty neighborhoods on Lake Wateree this weekend.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Took a ride through Amish country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and then stopped at my favorite water hole. Used to be an active member but been a social member since 1978. They’ve got a great bar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you had a good time ... my experiences in Intercourse have varied between fantastic and frustrating ... :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Love Intercourse!

This is not a qualifying photo, but I post it because RockHop’s challenge has instilled a new awareness in town signs. I tried to remember to look for them on our last trip and I think this will be something I do on rides in the future.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Took a ride through Amish country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and then stopped at my favorite water hole. Used to be an active member but been a social member since 1978. They’ve got a great bar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you also visit the nearby place Blue Balls ?
 
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Took a ride through Amish country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and then stopped at my favorite water hole. Used to be an active member but been a social member since 1978. They’ve got a great bar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you also visit the nearby place Blue Balls ?
Blue Ball, yes and of course Bird in Hand right up the road.

I jumped on Rt 10 on the way home. A nice curvy, hilly two lane highway I was looking forward to but it turned out to be an endless series of traffic jams because of all of the buggy's that were out. I guess Sunday is visiting day because they were all out and about. I had a couple of them with little kids waving at me out of the back, it was cute. I guess kids are going to be kids no matter how they're raised.
 
Use2b, I moved the earlier post to the ride to eat thread.
 
Farmersville, Texas claims Audie Murphy as its own ... however, the display and a nearby local patrol car do not make for a good composition with the CB ...

f954ad7ed67d49bf479c09182b2de69b.jpg


6685d53c5b7431e778b7dc2fbe03b129.jpg
 
zbillster_imp said:
Farmersville, Texas claims Audie Murphy as its own ... however, the display and a nearby local patrol car do not make for a good composition with the CB ...

f954ad7ed67d49bf479c09182b2de69b.jpg


6685d53c5b7431e778b7dc2fbe03b129.jpg
and he still looked like a kid when he started his movie career = Salute
 
use2b_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Farmersville, Texas claims Audie Murphy as its own ... however, the display and a nearby local patrol car do not make for a good composition with the CB ...

f954ad7ed67d49bf479c09182b2de69b.jpg


6685d53c5b7431e778b7dc2fbe03b129.jpg
and he still looked like a kid when he started his movie career = Salute
and he still looked like a kid when he started his movie career = Salute
He was initially rejected by three branches of the military for being underweight and underage ... then after falsifying his birth certificate, he got in.
 
Did an overnight trip to Talimena Scenic Drive with the Samurider K&H tall seat arriving just in time to try it out ... Talimena is fun for motorcycles, lots of elevations and curves, and while it used to be clogged with retirees in slow-moving Winnebagos and Buick LeSabres a decade or two ago, every time I've been in the last 7 years, I've only seen one or two cars and was able to have lots of fun with the throttle, gears and brakes.

But I digress ... I was on the lookout for local pride for the contest ... most towns failing miserably ... so this is the best I could find.

Technically, not a town, but a nation ... worth a stop. It was Sunday so everything was closed, but they have a museum and other attractions.

41eb7ca874eab79fdab165236cc3ca7d.jpg


This is where you turn off of 271 northeast of Clayton, Oklahoma:

83fda0e64ab22a01bc472ffc6923d80e.jpg


And Paris (Texas) has a nice square with a European-esque fountain and this elegant working playhouse.

8604b940f788a767185d5728b2fb52c7.jpg


Since I talked about Talimena so much, here's the west entrance on the Talihina, Oklahoma side ... terminates in Mena, Arkansas.
Poteau and Heavener (Green Country Inn, with dining car restaurant across the street) are good places to stay just north of the middle.

6da5bf78eb213aca3955e0545f0be40f.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top