CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
RockHop_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
I searched all over the appropriate side of town before the deadline ... could not find one ... and I live in Texas, mind you!

This place had just about everything else.

I do not like the Cone of Shame ... :(



So what's the challenge for July? Putting in a lot of miles Sunday so I should be able to find "it" ...
I'll post the July challenge tomorrow night. I guarantee it will be easier than tamales (or windmills) lol
Pfffft ... I've got windmills covered ... I'll be passing by about 30 of them tomorrow! Plus a local high school has one.
 
zbillster_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
I searched all over the appropriate side of town before the deadline ... could not find one ... and I live in Texas, mind you!

This place had just about everything else.

I do not like the Cone of Shame ... :(



So what's the challenge for July? Putting in a lot of miles Sunday so I should be able to find "it" ...
I'll post the July challenge tomorrow night. I guarantee it will be easier than tamales (or windmills) lol
Pfffft ... I've got windmills covered ... I'll be passing by about 30 of them tomorrow! Plus a local high school has one.
Should have been here in April ...
 
Dang, should have remembered the photo challenge. Friend gave us 4 homemade tamales that we had for dinner tonight. Too late now.
Would the banana leaf wrappers draped over the seat count?
 
Yes, I know it's months late, but which month did it relate to?

0cf59941e9c158fea410d8c5e2d42de8.jpg
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, I know it's months late, but which month did it relate to?

0cf59941e9c158fea410d8c5e2d42de8.jpg
Dirtiest bike in the garage.
 
Lost right hand glove and had to walk back and look for it?

only need one un-gloved hand to use the loo?

you don't need one of those fancy K&H high seats if you have enough foam in the garage?

I'd rather ride than clean?

Eat some of those Tamales and you'll have to park and run to the green building in the background?

I give up..which one?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, I know it's months late, but which month did it relate to?

0cf59941e9c158fea410d8c5e2d42de8.jpg
Really had to zoom in to find the windmill, but that would have been April.

Not a good clue, but one of my samples later tonight for the July challenge just happens to have a windmill in it. After all, we all know how much Ferret :biker: loves windmills! :angel:
 
is that another clever joke at my expense? :-/
 
Thread starter
yes lol
the expression "tilting at windmills" has it's roots in the novel "Don Quixote" and sometimes is used to describe a person who pursues fantastic or romantic goals. Sometimes the phrase is applied to someone who is vain, but more often it is applied to someone who has magnificent dreams/goals. The musical "The Man of La Mancha" includes a song "The Impossible Dream (The Quest)" and is based upon the novel. So, my reference above really is about your (Mickey's) pursuit of a the romantic fantasy you have have with motorcycles.

Whew...that was a long way to go for an explanation. LOL I hope it makes sense.
 
The photo challenge for July is signs or displays featuring the name of a town, usually found at the city limits as you enter. Welcome to <name of town> signs are OK, but I really prefer a display of some type that involves some effort and exhibits some community spirit.

The official green highway signs with the town names do not qualify. As always, your CB1100 needs to be in the picture

Examples include:

Post, TX
5e82f5811e36a2310c97d4739430d9f0.jpg


Shallowater, TX
46e484c40360751492475f9654fcaaf5.jpg


Ransom Canyon, TX
3de152f91f880b847b46f440536c14b8.jpg


Happy Hunting ...
 
Bloody oath! I just posted one in anther thread. But it doesn't count as it wasn't taken after the announcement of the competition. Here it is anyway.

236b36efcc2c02563775b37940b4bdd7.jpg
 
Thread starter
How's this?

d75a135a86b58d5bfc6cd062339febf9.jpg



Actually like this one better, but the "Welcome to Chicago" is not as prominent.

02808c67e65547ba66dcd864d5394339.jpg
 
Looks like a winner MTC.

I'm hoping to see a lot of small town displays, so feel free to escape the big city. Besides, the riding is better in the boonies. lol
 
Good going MTC and use2be

use2be we expressed that same sentiment in the size-weight thread
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top