CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
KiowaEagle_imp said:
How are you liking that K&H Hi seat zbillster?
I'm going to crunch some numbers, take some comparison photos, and add my full review to the appropriate thread. The short answer is ... I think it's a little better, but I don't think it's $700 better than the stock one.
 

Memorial to Marshall University plane crash on 11/14/70. 75 perished, including football team, support staff and some boosters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Here is the entry panel of my town:

541ba7071b3827ede6c23e19b8dcb57c.JPG


f3679eae29622ab4dd95997cc9c0d668.JPG


Note the rather low speed limit (30 km/h, that is less than 19 mph...). This used to be the speed limit around schools, but now it is generalized all over the Grenoble area, only a few avenues allow 50 km/h.

The owl is the logo of the Regional Natural Parc of Chartreuse : Le Fontanil is at the foot of the Chartreuse mountain.

3 flowers at the "towns and villages in bloom competition" - not too bad!
 
Beautiful Delphisa

19 mph :rofl: I have trouble going 25 mph in my neighborhood.

Outlaw..that's what I am
 
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful Delphisa

19 mph :rofl: I have trouble going 25 mph in my neighborhood.

Outlaw..that's what I am
This reminds me of last October when I rented a Vespa in Tuscany for four days ... try obeying the 30kph limit passing through towns and you'll get run over. Took me a couple of days to realize what the photo cameras look like ... have gotten two traffic tickets so far after the fact ... :-/

Photo chronicle on Flickr: Tuscany via Vespa
 
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful Delphisa

19 mph :rofl: I have trouble going 25 mph in my neighborhood.

Outlaw..that's what I am
This reminds me of last October when I rented a Vespa in Tuscany for four days ... try obeying the 30kph limit passing through towns and you'll get run over. Took me a couple of days to realize what the photo cameras look like ... have gotten two traffic tickets so far after the fact ... :-/

Photo chronicle on Flickr: Tuscany via Vespa

This reminds me of last October when I rented a Vespa in Tuscany for four days ... try obeying the 30kph limit passing through towns and you'll get run over. Took me a couple of days to realize what the photo cameras look like ... have gotten two traffic tickets so far after the fact ... :-/

Photo chronicle on Flickr: [url=https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6sWPDo]Tuscany via Vespa

I wasn’t on my CB but was running errands and saw this at a stoplight. Made me cringe. As if wearing shorts isn’t bad enough. Flip flops?
Apparently never heard of ATGATT.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Pfft. That's nothing. Go to Myrtle Beach SC. Common motorcycle gear: flip flops, tank top, shorts, no helmet.
Pfft. THat's nothing. Come to Cincy. Common motorcycle gear gym shoes, shorts and sunglasses. That's it.

But these are not examples of the Monthly photo challenge. Which is your CB with a welcome to sign.
 
....girls wear tongues and topless...as a passenger of course ..otherwise they would not see speedometer :P
Sorry no pics allowed as per rules :(
 
There’s a first: I’ve yet to see a girl wearing a tongue! :P
 
So... getting back to the actual subject for this month's photo challenge,using the spacecraft capabilities of the CB1100 I went straight to Jupiter.



This red ones are just rockets! :D
 
Thread starter
Some great photos this month. I loved the theme. It inspired me to take "Welcome to" sign photos from my travels.

Let's see some more for the last weekend of the month.

I believe I have control of the theme for August and I have a crazy idea running through my head for it.. Stay tuned!
 
Very cool Suhawk. It appears Port Jervis is quite an old settlement.
 
zbillster_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Photo taken today in nearby Port Jervis, NY.
68d9bc7f9992cbcf5126a0fa35a9d960.jpg
I was thinking of getting one of those muffler protectors ... how's the fit and install? What's the brand?
I was thinking of getting one of those muffler protectors ... how's the fit and install? What's the brand?
I got the muffler deflector to cover-up two small dents under it. I dropped my CB on a trailer side rail when I was strapping it down for the trip to Berea. I muffler guard is a big hose clamp with the plaster bumper riveted to it that fits anywhere on the entire length of the OEM muffler. Looks ok on the muffler to me. Let me know if you want close-up pictures.

I bought it on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100mm-140m...RK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
The ferret_imp said:
Very cool Suhawk. It appears Port Jervis is quite an old settlement.
Yes, my area has a lot of old settlements being close to the Lower Hudson River (Dutch settlers). Port Jervis is on the Delaware with the confluence with the Neversink River. A lot of battle sites with the "Native American" (don't want to get jammed-up with the PC crowd here) Minisink population in this area, even during the Revolutionary War.
 
Rather late for the windmill challenge, but I was walking into Jason's Deli for lunch and three wind turbine blade transport trucks went by on the highway out front. Managed to capture the last one with this very brief (1 sec) video.

f92e5e861773dd73602e2187200c79fa.mp4


Oops ... Wrong thread, should have been the monthly photo challenge :blush:
 
Thread starter
OK... So this month's theme is a bit different, but it could be fun. I have seen on social media where people recreate a photo, usually from their youth, wearing similar clothes and/or taken in the same or similar location. Then they post the old picture and the new picture side-by-side.

Your challenge this month (unless everyone hates the idea) is to recreate (within normal reason) a Honda motorcycle advertisement from the past. You can use any ad you can find, but it shouldn't just be a picture of a CB750 with a plain background. I have searched the web and copied a few of the ads that I think would be fun to try to copy. Don't worry, you don't have to add the text and you don't have to go crazy trying to find period-correct outfits. Just try to come up with something that, when we look at the pictures side-by-side, we go "yeah, I see the similarity" OH..and when you post, post both your picture and the one you are mimicking. Good luck and here are a few of the ads I found...

099fcd015a82c3fee8ea5b75b2f83b2c.jpg


27d0254c48c6315d7779745d0e71ef5b.jpg


9883825430bc9f399104ca60ded383fc.jpg


a43df6b2b9ca2d43d75d045ecfb83de6.jpg


e31e96a3498b8b879604f2deddd7c333.jpg


994a076e7945f4cb063a1c616b82a61a.jpg


2d5ee5194af632bd2a36d8e5483a8fd8.jpg


f6a1482997efad6ccdca2a98e99ca1a3.jpg


943deea070121d012ade46e84739eae8.png


d689a163347e6c810d2fd970c962d928.jpg


I can post more examples, but I'll hold off to see if there's actually any interest in this at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top