RockHop_imp
Running like a top
Another day, another tamale joint.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes, some places do not make their tamales cylindrical. This one was almost square and flat, so I folded it in half before I took the pic. It tasted pretty good, but was a little different than I've been used to.The ferret_imp said:what is that weird looking thing on the left Sea. Is that a Tamale?
Isn't that a banana leaf used for the tamale? Corn husk is used for mid to north Mexico, and banana leaf for tropical, southern Mexico and into Central America.The ferret_imp said:what is that weird looking thing on the left Sea. Is that a Tamale?
Never say 'impossible'!!use2b_imp said:impossibility here , perhaps next month will be mudbugs![]()

Interesting...there are a lot of Costa Rican who settle in N.Carolina (and N.Jersey)...they use banana leaves. My wife is from CR and every Christmas when we're there, it's tamales for the whole month.Bheezy27403_imp said:That is indeed a banana leaf. Most places here in NC use banana leaves. Also, I would kill to have a dedicated tamale shop near me. I would most certainly weigh more. There are a couple good tamales around you just have to look.
Right, the leaf is just the vessel.The ferret_imp said:do you eat the banana leaf or corn husk or is that just the vessel for cooking something inside, that you open and eat the guts out of? I've seen corn husk tamales I think. Never tried one though (and never will)
Cool!dUh!_imp said:I finally get to participate! YaY
New look as of 6-14-2018; Same phenomenal bike
![]()
One beautifully appointed CB you have there.dUh!_imp said:I finally get to participate! YaY
New look as of 6-14-2018; Same phenomenal bike
![]()
:clap:
Ferret,The ferret_imp said:I love my CB. I did ride the FJR this evening, but rode the CB 52 miles today and the FJR only 37. Love my CB.

I'll post the July challenge tomorrow night. I guarantee it will be easier than tamales (or windmills) lolzbillster_imp said:I searched all over the appropriate side of town before the deadline ... could not find one ... and I live in Texas, mind you!
This place had just about everything else.
I do not like the Cone of Shame ...
So what's the challenge for July? Putting in a lot of miles Sunday so I should be able to find "it" ...