CB1100 first cousin

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Restoring a 79 cbx1000 complete motor rebuild new paint ( candy glory red) all new decals new handle bar switches powder coated wheels new tires complete brake overhaul still got aways to go.
f2e035fc7ecdc249f9854f8e2e18a778.jpg



3 rights make a left
09d5073039b5f76def7685c61c6f38f2.jpg



3 rights make a left
825bf23786972a314f16d7c45a56e6d5.jpg



3 rights make a left
f2f20ccdccecafd4309671353dcaec43.jpg



3 rights make a left
339694be9ecd514fa3f4712cd3aa43d3.jpg



3 rights make a left
1f2a1b74c0c6478c967642bdaac7e538.jpg



3 rights make a left
08978e7efa40566a6a5f2f9304986fc1.jpg



3 rights make a left
2584959c7406817a4f59729128f4e52d.jpg



3 rights make a left
e9cd360f72a0b275e71cf0ff21cb1131.jpg



3 rights make a left
035840415af5e0705ff7808fa51e28c2.jpg



3 rights make a left
d8261697c415086080920b046dd54669.jpg



3 rights make a left
ebc9f6790492afa5e56d59904ea6f6c9.jpg



3 rights make a left
826a51ab4ee1383d61df04b35e264913.jpg



3 rights make a left
2b316127963772e482cc0792072e29f8.jpg

Got this bike in January 2014 motor was tore down 16 years! Wife & kids laughed at me lol. Saying what you going to do with that :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
What an awesome motorcycle. I had one for a demo bike for awhile when I was in the business. Loved it, but was afraid of the complexity.
 
Thread starter
Ferret I have worked hard for about 3 months trying to find parts etc and doing all the work myself except the paint I got a friend that got the candy glory red to a very good match. I got a cbx body set on eBay now for sale it's at $1,200 now I hope it hits $1,500 but even at $1,200 I'm ok. He is painting 2 more tanks and 3 rear tail cowls now and I already got 3 fenders painted from him. So I have at least 3 full sets to sell! Some honda parts that you can't buy in the USA you can buy in the UK from honda that's where I got my new tank badges from
Michael


3 rights make a left
Red : right now the 1979 cbx1000 is in 2nd to the sandcast cb750. But now 2 sandcast. 79 cbx have been found they will surpass the 750 sandcast. The 79 cbx was the only year with a 150 mph speedo about 6 weeks ago or so vin # 3 cb750 sold for. $148,000 I'm sure some of y'all saw it.


3 rights make a left
95e7e29765d32c52a49153293651d6dd.jpg



3 rights make a left
 
Looking good! You will have a great pair of bikes. I have a red 1979 CBX and 2013 CB 1100. They look great parked side by side. Amazing how much they look alike. Pictures posted in CB1100 photos section under My Red Heads.
 
Outstanding job! Great find. Keep us posted, my dream is to have a 1970 CB750, a CBX and my CB1100.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elioten: I know where a mint mint mint. 1970 red cb750 is. A guy that I knew all my life but did not see much in the last. 30 years but did talk on the phone about 6 weeks ago about these old bikes anyways he died a few weeks ago he has several. 750 and a few Harley's ! Brand new in the box NOS 750 tanks , side covers , exhaust pipes each pipe in its on honda box with part. #s I know of 3 sets that I saw that's 12 pipes. His son has it all now lives about. 6 miles from me.
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Thread starter
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
Looking good! You will have a great pair of bikes. I have a red 1979 CBX and 2013 CB 1100. They look great parked side by side. Amazing how much they look alike. Pictures posted in CB1100 photos section under My Red Heads.
Yes the cb1100 looks more like the cbx than the cb 750 are you a member of cbx world ? I will try to find your pics ! I got to rebuild my carbs next then put them on motor with air box then install motor. My stock pipes are in great shape! I found a guy that makes the stock drivers foot rubbers I have them also just got to install them. If you need handle bar switches let me know. I know a guy that makes them also.
Michael
Thanks Gary !! :)
Michael
 
Thread starter
Rick: nice pics of the redheads! Did you paint the motor black on the cbx ? Which bike pulls harder? That's a great pair. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Damn that's sweet! I'll own a CBX someday, unless Honda rolls out a new I-6 first. I rode the BMW 1600 and it was amazing...but just not an air-cooled Honda.
 
Thread starter
I wish honda would make the inline 6 just one year they would sell out fast! Mine has 4 cams 24 valves. 6 carbs
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
God damn, we all know how amazing it was when Honda came out with our modern versions of the CB750, and its amazing...can you immagine, seriously...CAN YOU IMAGINE....if they made a modern version of the CBX? Like...oh my god! CBX is literally one of the coolest bikes ever! EVER!
 
Thread starter
Rboe: there is a guy on the cbx forum that put EFI on a 79 cbx from a BMW car it looked very neat and nice. 6 injectors another guy put 2 motors together and made a 12 cylinder cbx it's on YouTube and it's bad. The guys in Europe can build or make anything it's unreal. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
the only bike i would sell everything I own to buy would be a modern CBX, can you imagine the modern reliability on an inline 6?

can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Ridem32, the guy i bought it from painted the cylinders when he had it apart to replace the gaskets. The motor is original has not been rebuilt. it has 21500 miles on it.
I think the CBX but that could just be me. They are both fun to ride.

 
Back
Top