CB1100 first cousin

Thread starter
I have learned that the cbx guys on the forum know there stuff about the cbx and they are picky picky when it comes to parts and paint work I got a guy that can paint candy glory red nice match! I don't know why the guys with the cb 13 models don't paint their side covers to match rather than buying the new ones for that high price. I know this forum is new but I think it's great the main thing is for riders to help each other out and have fun and so far that's what I have seen on here! :)
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I have learned that the cbx guys on the forum know there stuff about the cbx and they are picky picky when it comes to parts and paint work I got a guy that can paint candy glory red nice match! I don't know why the guys with the cb 13 models don't paint their side covers to match rather than buying the new ones for that high price. I know this forum is new but I think it's great the main thing is for riders to help each other out and have fun and so far that's what I have seen on here! :)
Michael
Ridem,

Last year a member had his buddy, a pro painter, price out a repaint and it was going to cost more that buying the covers.
 
Thread starter
Popgun: you can see how my buddy paints. That's candy glory red 3 step paint! I think I could get him to paint for $80 a set. Shipping in the states flat rate box $12.


3 rights make a left
Papa weeley: thanks I will update as I go I'm almost ready to put the motor in then overhaul the carbs and the main stuff will be done :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Thread starter
Scoobynut: I lov your post very nice bikes! If you can PM your friends name & phone #. I bet he is a member of the cbx forum wow nice bikes :)


3 rights make a left
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Popgun: you can see how my buddy paints. That's candy glory red 3 step paint! I think I could get him to paint for $80 a set. Shipping in the states flat rate box $12.


3 rights make a left
Papa weeley: thanks I will update as I go I'm almost ready to put the motor in then overhaul the carbs and the main stuff will be done :)
Michael


3 rights make a left

I'd be all over that if I wanted mine painted!!! I like the silver color though so I'm good. Maybe of bunch of others will go for it :thumbsup:
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Scoobynut: I lov your post very nice bikes! If you can PM your friends name & phone #. I bet he is a member of the cbx forum wow nice bikes :)


3 rights make a left
Ridem, I know him, but I don't think I know him well enough to give out his name and phone #. Tell you what, I'm taking a buddy over to visit him sometime in the next couple of months, and I'll ask him personally if he minds me giving you his phone #. Sorry man, I don't want to lose my visitation rights! :blush:
 
Thread starter
Yea that's fine. I can PM you my # and you give it to him. I might not know him myself but I do know several guys that will know him for sure. The cbx guys are serious guys for sure lol
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Yeah no problem, PM me your info. You're right, he's a pretty well known collector. I'm not sure how much interaction he has with other CBX guys, but he attends a lot of VJMC shows.
 
Thread starter
Scoobynut. :: I just talked to a cbx buddy in PA. He knows your guy. He said he has seen his bikes he bought a brand new 1979 in the crate last year ! I want say the $$$ amount on here but he for sure has nice bikes :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Scoobynut. :: I just talked to a cbx buddy in PA. He knows your guy. He said he has seen his bikes he bought a brand new 1979 in the crate last year ! I want say the $$$ amount on here but he for sure has nice bikes :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
That doesn't surprise me. Last time I talked to him (last summer) he had just bought a mint '73 Z1 and a '69 sandcast CB750. The dude is a serious collector, no doubt about it. I saw him at a show in Custer, SD; he had 14 bikes there. I'd be dangerous with that kind of money. :D
 
Wow, Michael, nice thread about your CBX... any final news with pics?

P.S. Wouldn't mind seeing your both, red & white DLXs!
 
Ya know, I'm sort of bummed that a CBX didn't show up on our local DGR? Out of almost 300 bikes, especially in this area, you'd think at least one would have shown.
 
Back
Top