CB 1100 Mods/pics

The ferret_imp said:
Ok, been thinking about this. Thought it would be neat to have a place where EVERYONE can post a picture of THEIR bike and list the mods they have done, or plan to do. But here are the rules:

You can only post 1 (ONE) pic of your bike. If you take a pic you'd rather have people see, after posting one pic, maybe one that shows your mods better, you can edit your post and replace the original pic, but please 1 (one) pic only.

Feel free to LIST THE MODS YOU HAVE DONE so people can spot them and duplicate them on their bike if they wish.

Feel free to ask where to get mods/acc and/or tell people where they can get the mods/acc.

Like this:

My Bike.. 2014 CB 1100 DLX



Mods: Rubber lever end thingies (Honda), Pro Grip 719 Gel grips (local shop), aluminum valve stem caps (Harbor Freight), Battery Tender Jr Pigtail (local shop), Rubber fork Boots off W 650 Kawasaki (local Kawasaki shop), Helmet Guardian dual helmet holder (ordered online through Helmet Guardian), removed "curb feelers" on bottom of stock pegs, removed tank decals.

Things I want to do yet.. get chrome instrument cup covers, replace left hand switch assy, paint headlight bucket red.

Holy Cow Ferret, do you know how long its been since I even heard anybody say the word "curb feeler". When I read that a rush of memory hit me:thanks:

ralph
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
sorrentino100_imp said:
Would like to see an installed picture of the chrome chain guard.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2075&highlight=chrome+chain+guard to see the Plot guard,
and http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2075&highlight=chrome+chain+guard for a pic of the Honda guard
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2075&highlight=chrome+chain+guard to see the Plot guard,
and http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2075&highlight=chrome+chain+guard for a pic of the Honda guard
OOOOOH, that purdy:excited:

ralph
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok, been thinking about this. Thought it would be neat to have a place where EVERYONE can post a picture of THEIR bike and list the mods they have done, or plan to do. But here are the rules:

You can only post 1 (ONE) pic of your bike. If you take a pic you'd rather have people see, after posting one pic, maybe one that shows your mods better, you can edit your post and replace the original pic, but please 1 (one) pic only.

Feel free to LIST THE MODS YOU HAVE DONE so people can spot them and duplicate them on their bike if they wish.

Feel free to ask where to get mods/acc and/or tell people where they can get the mods/acc.

Like this:

My Bike.. 2014 CB 1100 DLX



Mods: Rubber lever end thingies (Honda), Pro Grip 719 Gel grips (local shop), aluminum valve stem caps (Harbor Freight), Battery Tender Jr Pigtail (local shop), Rubber fork Boots off W 650 Kawasaki (local Kawasaki shop), Helmet Guardian dual helmet holder (ordered online through Helmet Guardian), removed "curb feelers" on bottom of stock pegs, removed tank decals.

Things I want to do yet.. get chrome instrument cup covers, replace left hand switch assy, paint headlight bucket red.

Ferret, can you elaborate a little on the fork boots? Where did you get them, what bike are they from, did you have to disassemble the forks to put them on, etc. I'm afraid a rock from the roads around here will ping mine:@

ralph
 
Ralph, I have every post made since day one memorized.... OK, I have read them, but search is MY friend!! :)
 
Tink's Toy:
Lic Plate mod
DART Fly Screen
MagKnight magnetic knee pads > http://www.mag-knight.com/Simple Sheet.htm
Honda Engine Guards
Power Commander V
Left handlebar switch, 2013 style (part #'s 35200-MGC-003, 93892-05035-07, 93892-05045-07)
IKON rear shocks
Race Tech front springs / 5w Honda SS-7 fluied > http://www.photosbytink.com/cb1100forksprings/
Kawasaki fork gaiters (part # 49006-1335)
BMW sport grips (part# 32721458395 & 32721458396)
Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires (110/80ZR-18 (58W) Front, 160/60ZR-18 (70W) Rear)

 
Thread starter
Tink.. You forgot to list your knee pads and engine guards
 
The ferret_imp said:
Tink.. You forgot to list your knee pads and engine guards
Thanks, ferret. Correction done. I had them on there, but they got lost during editing... or my dog eat it... one or the other.;)
 
2014 standard. Arrow slip on with the DB killer removed, custom Sargent seat,small Lucas style tail light, Race tech modded ZRX shocks and a spenser blue gas tank (side covers on the way). Of the 65 bikes I have owned, this is my fave.
 
Kawiboy_imp said:
2014 standard. Arrow slip on with the DB killer removed, custom Sargent seat,small Lucas style tail light, Race tech modded ZRX shocks and a spenser blue gas tank (side covers on the way). Of the 65 bikes I have owned, this is my fave.
That is very sharp.
 
Thread starter
Nice. Looks like some kind of radiator cover too?
 
not much here - but she's set up exactly how I like it!

Best mod: 3M clear paint protection film on the gas tank.
Fork Gaiters
Black shorty levers
Renthal super-low bars
Bar end mirrors
K&N Filter
PCV w/ Custom Dyno Tune (that was before the new exhaust)
Full exhaust w/baffle
Wrapped side covers
Trimmed the plate bracket & ditched the reflectors
Speed bleeders in brakes & clutch
Chrome gauge covers (not pictured)
I added a tinted windscreen for the winter months the other day - I'll have to add some pics of that later.

That's about it! I thought about cafe'ing it out ... but I dig it as is so I'm done.[/b]



Pic of the windscreen, not the best shot but you get the idea. I guess its growing on me....but we'll see if I keep it when it warms up.

 
Please provide web links for 3M clear paint protection film on the gas tank & the Fork Gaiters - I was surprised regarding the later ? apx $75. major shock for ?clamps & boot.
 
sorry man no link for the 3m stuff...went to a local tint shop and they put it on for free haha..... I have no invoice, so I don't know what the specific product was. The film covers the front (where your belt would rub) and the sides of the tank, the indentations. You can't see it unless you're really looking. Love that stuff!

The tech and shop owner both said it was such a cool bike it was on the house....They did tell me that they don't advertise it or offer putting it on bikes because it's expensive, they didn't think they'd get enough business to make it worth their time of effort. I was kinda surprised b/c it took him about 15 mins to put it on, seemed very easy to me. All I know is its guaranteed for 7 years, but he said it'll last for a long time if its garage kept and maintained (normal wash & wax stuff).

Fork Gaiters were the ol' $15 amazon special
Amazon.com
I had some from eBay on there and they disintegrated in like 4 weeks...these have been on there a while and look great. I cut them when I install 'em, I don't pull the forks.
 
Back
Top