CB 1100 Mods/pics

Thread starter
alphonsus_imp said:
My bike is nowhere near as special/modded as most others here, but i thought I'd share nevertheless. I fell in love with the stock design of this bike, so I wanted to stay as close to it as possible. I've added just a few modifications to make it a slightly more practical commuter as well as sport tourer, since it's my only bike and I ride all year long. Anything drastic that would ruin the looks was out (e.g. massive screen, topbox, etc).

I've added:
Oxford heated grips
Dart flyscreen (smaller version)
Fehling rear rack (thanks to Django for finding that one)
Kawa fork gaiters (purely cosmetic reasons, thanks to Ferret for the tip)

96c422faddb037217cb3778f97cf5f1c.jpg


2357e14c5f9309c01a57a9ff914956d5.jpg


The only thing I'd still like to add is a higher custom seat since I find the ergos a little cramped for my legs (6'2", long legs). Apart from that I am perfectly happy with everything :D

Bike and pics are beautiful!
 
modmaster_imp said:
Papa Wheeley I was wondering if you think that Tiro seat is much wider where your butt sits than the OEM seat? Also is it much higher than stock? And lastly is it $500.00 more comfortable than stock? It certainly looks great.

modmaster
Hey modmaster,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, had a long weekend!
That seat is the single-best improvement that I've done to the bike. It may be slightly wider than the stock unit, but I got it specifically because I was looking for a little more legroom, and it was around an inch taller. It's amazing what just an extra inch of seat height makes in your position if you're a taller guy.
But the biggest improvement was the comfort factor - this is easily the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever owned (and I almost always buy aftermarket seats for my bikes). I'm not a long distance rider, but I take two hour rides without ever squirming around on the seat trying to get comfortable. It feels perfectly comfortable from the moment you first sit down until you climb off.
Of course the great retro look that suits the bike so well is just icing on the cake.
***I will add here that some have commented on the "wrinkly vinyl" on the sides of the seat (although about 80- 90% of what I had on mine has smoothed out in the time I've had it), and I will say that K&H definitely makes a higher quality product (I have had 4 seats for mine, including K&H and Daytona). But in actual usage and the way it feels, it just can't be beat.
Bottom line is that I can't recommend this seat enough - it's just that good.

*I'm 6', about 170 lbs. for reference' sake...your mileage may vary.
:cool:
...and I almost forgot to add: a big thank you to everybody for the compliments, too! :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for the reply. One more question. Does it slant down and forward in the area you sit? Perhaps you could include a side view picture?

modmaster
 
Papa ? I'm so seat-confused. When you said that you "can't recommend this seat enough", were you referring to the Tiro ? (Pleated top, looks tall) or the other smoother one.
 
modmaster_imp said:
Thanks for the reply. One more question. Does it slant down and forward in the area you sit? Perhaps you could include a side view picture?

modmaster
There may be a very slight forward slant, but it's more kind of "U" shaped in the sitting area.
There's a dead-on side shot of it on page thirteen (two pages back) of this thread -
Chapomis_imp said:
Papa ? I'm so seat-confused. When you said that you "can't recommend this seat enough", were you referring to the Tiro ? (Pleated top, looks tall) or the other smoother one.
Yes sir - we were discussing the Tiro K0 style - tallish, pleated top, smooth sides. :thumbsup:
 
alphonsus_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
wow! your amazing pictures make the bike look like its popping out of my screen :)

what kind of camera are you using, seems an expensive piece of hardware you got there :)
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
Thanks for the compliment Riko, but Cormanus is right, it's my girlfriend's entry level dslr. Not fancy at all. I used a decent lens (a fixed 50mm) but that's nothing expensive or special either. The bike is quite special though! :cool:
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
Thanks for the compliment Riko, but Cormanus is right, it's my girlfriend's entry level dslr. Not fancy at all. I used a decent lens (a fixed 50mm) but that's nothing expensive or special either. The bike is quite special though! :cool:
a good lens makes a huge difference indeed :)

still, its not budget cam ;) very nice!
 
Riko_imp said:
alphonsus_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
wow! your amazing pictures make the bike look like its popping out of my screen :)

what kind of camera are you using, seems an expensive piece of hardware you got there :)
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
Thanks for the compliment Riko, but Cormanus is right, it's my girlfriend's entry level dslr. Not fancy at all. I used a decent lens (a fixed 50mm) but that's nothing expensive or special either. The bike is quite special though! :cool:
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
Thanks for the compliment Riko, but Cormanus is right, it's my girlfriend's entry level dslr. Not fancy at all. I used a decent lens (a fixed 50mm) but that's nothing expensive or special either. The bike is quite special though! :cool:
a good lens makes a huge difference indeed :)

still, its not budget cam ;) very nice!
That just depends on how good you are at finding deals. I have $50 into my DSLR. I spent way more on the bag and extra lens.
 
I assume its around the 300-500 euro in that time, if not more? For a DSLR that may be cheap, but there are much cheaper compact digital cameras, so depending on what you compare a DSLR with, a DSLR will always be the more high end expensive equipment.
 
To be honest, the $50 of steel that I ended up trading into the dslr is probably worth more than the camera today.
 
Have some new pics with the new Renthal low bars. Freshly washed and sporting the naked look with my windscreen removed. Also back to the stock mirrors.
 
Hey man,

what fenders do you have on? They look great!!



uscgmac_imp said:
Have some new pics with the new Renthal low bars. Freshly washed and sporting the naked look with my windscreen removed. Also back to the stock mirrors.
 
Back
Top