Tev62
Road warrior
I have a "damaged screw remover set", cheap enough to buy and effective. Only used it once or twice but it did the job. You just need a reversing drill, preferably with speed control.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Definitely. This tool has saved much labour in efforts past.Tev62_imp said:I have a "damaged screw remover set", cheap enough to buy and effective. Only used it once or twice but it did the job. You just need a reversing drill, preferably with speed control.

I hope that option 1 above works out - the other screw comes out easily. Does anyone know if the lid has a lip or whether the mating surfaces are flat? I'm wondering how much I should try and rotate the lid. Looking at the part diagram I'm guessing the diaphragms would limit the amount I could rotate the lid.max_imp said:1 Would try to remove the one good screw and see if you can rotate the lid so as to break the head loose.
2 sharpen a flat head screw driver so it has the widest grip on the bad screw and very sharp biting edges.
3 try tightening and un-tightening alternatively and use some wd40 or equivalent.
Thanks for the picture, that really helps.
Also put the new screws in with some grease in the threads, let us know how you get on.
No George , I did not sell them because of the screws in the reservoirs , I sold them because loss of tire pressure......Cormanus_imp said:Says the man who just sold 3 of them. Is it true, John, that they went because you couldn’t get the screws out of the reservoirs?
satchit, the same thing happened to me. I used an easy out, but I wish I’d some of these other tricks to try first.
:rofl:Houtman_imp said:No George , I did not sell them because of the screws in the reservoirs , I sold them because loss of tire pressure......Cormanus_imp said:Says the man who just sold 3 of them. Is it true, John, that they went because you couldn’t get the screws out of the reservoirs?
satchit, the same thing happened to me. I used an easy out, but I wish I’d some of these other tricks to try first.
Bazbro_imp said:While we're on the subject...
Some of you may appreciate the information in this YouTube video...

No George , I did not sell them because of the screws in the reservoirs , I sold them because loss of tire pressure......Houtman_imp said:No George , I did not sell them because of the screws in the reservoirs , I sold them because loss of tire pressure......Cormanus_imp said:Says the man who just sold 3 of them. Is it true, John, that they went because you couldn’t get the screws out of the reservoirs?
satchit, the same thing happened to me. I used an easy out, but I wish I’d some of these other tricks to try first.
Not yet. Will try and get a spare reservoir first. The mechanic was worried that the extractor may damage the threads.GoldOxide_imp said:The said screw extractor bit suggestion not tried?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17859&pid=317168#pid317168
^^ +1^^ standard repair in case like this...lash_imp said:Not sure what your mechanic was thinking about, but if you drill the head out you will not touch the threads. it will just take the top of the screw off and leave the shank in place which you remove after you take the reservoir top off.