Brake Away throttle control

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Had this on a 1997 Valkyrie. Installed it on the CB1100. Hope to test it out tomorrow.

2e91e79ca81301ee3a629752bda211d4.jpg
 
I have one on my CB. Works great!
 
I too, look forward to your test report, Razor.
However, how sure can you be of a true test without RLETs or aftermarket shorty levers???
J/K, of course. :thumbsup:
I would like some sort of cruise/throttle control myself. :biker:
 
Lazer,

It looks like the cam is missing. Is it? If so you can get parts, sometimes for free, from BrakeAway
 
Oh you too now, huh Inline? :dodgy: Well No RLET shirts for you or Redbirds :P
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Lazer,

It looks like the cam is missing. Is it? If so you can get parts, sometimes for free, from BrakeAway
It does look like a part or cam is missing. Its odd because the Brake Away was made for a larger diameter throttle (Valkyrie vs CB1100). I used the largest rubber piece in the kit, and it held fine.
----------------------------------------

Did a test ride up to Grand Rapids and back (approx 100 miles, 65-75mph)
Unit worked great.
- held throttle fine
- applying front brake disabled the unit
- manual disengagement lever worked every time.

The not so good.
- only drawback was the unit made my hand feel cramped on the throttle. It takes up about 5/8".

Wasn't right for me, so I took it off. I'm sure it'll be fine for others.
---------------------------------------

Oh, the RLETs... just a personal preference to not have them on the 1100. On the hand; the CB750 & CB175 both have them :D
 
The BrakeAway on my ST takes up a lot of space on heated grips as they are not as long as the stock. Which I though was weird as they are Honda. Lucky for me I have small hands.

You're good on the RLETS. Just a little ribbing here and there to have fun on the board :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The BrakeAway on my ST takes up a lot of space on heated grips as they are not as long as the stock. Which I though was weird as they are Honda. Lucky for me I have small hands.

You're good on the RLETS. Just a little ribbing here and there to have fun on the board :)
Tell me, popgun, I can't wait to know: why do you want ribbing on your RLETs?
 
Well Cormanus, Bubba likes it.:D
 
redbirds_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well Cormanus, Bubba likes it.:D
TMI fellows.
TMI fellows.
Being as I am slow on Internet acronyms, I had to look that one up, but you're quite right redbirds. I thought he'd tell us about improved airflow or something.
 
Well there is that too.
 
I can see some serious cracks in forum camaraderie developing. RLET advancer and RLET denier groups could rip this forum apart. As a matter of urgency I call on the Ferret to place RLET discussion on the banned list.

WARNING: I have read on the inter web (so it must be right) that these RLET devices irrevocably erode the vigour of motorcyclists' Precious Bodily Fluids. A certain, universally respected, organisation based in Virginia has provided intelligence that supports the theory that RLETS are manufactured, distributed and pushed by a shadowy network of power craving Prius owners that grew out of a now defunct Cold War era organisation of Leyland P76 owners pushed over the edge of sanity by their massive mistake.

:beerchug:
 
That'd be the same mob that manufactures Dr Dactyl's Omni Grade All Purpose Motorcycle Oil?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Oh you too now, huh Inline? :dodgy: Well No RLET shirts for you or Redbirds :P
Well, I am used to being an outcast. Being breast-fed on Hondas throughout my motorcycling history I can sincerely appreciate the love that RLETs inspires...........BUT I have always been drawn to the minor, more performance-inspired farkles like different levers/mirrors/bar-ends, etc. Perhaps I can get Takashi or even U-KANAYA to produce some RLET-LESS t-shirts or decals. LOL!!! :clap: :biker:
Now that would be cool! Hehe! :D
 
Inline4_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Oh you too now, huh Inline? :dodgy: Well No RLET shirts for you or Redbirds :P
Well, I am used to being an outcast. Being breast-fed on Hondas throughout my motorcycling history I can sincerely appreciate the love that RLETs inspires...........BUT I have always been drawn to the minor, more performance-inspired farkles like different levers/mirrors/bar-ends, etc. Perhaps I can get Takashi or even U-KANAYA to produce some RLET-LESS t-shirts or decals. LOL!!! :clap: :biker:
Now that would be cool! Hehe! :D
Well, I am used to being an outcast. Being breast-fed on Hondas throughout my motorcycling history I can sincerely appreciate the love that RLETs inspires...........BUT I have always been drawn to the minor, more performance-inspired farkles like different levers/mirrors/bar-ends, etc. Perhaps I can get Takashi or even U-KANAYA to produce some RLET-LESS t-shirts or decals. LOL!!! :clap: :biker:
Now that would be cool! Hehe! :D
I'm in!
 
Back
Top