Any interest in cams?

PowerDubs_imp said:
I don’t see anything impossible about the curve you posted. What makes you say that?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how straight up off idle and have that much torque plus the huge HP gain.
I know my bike feels very strong and i cruise around town between 2,000 - 2500 rpm with very good power even two up and we are " Normal Size Americans " ......
 
Thread starter
Can’t get too caught up in minutia - scaling and rpm on a dyno aren’t always right.

For example your chart says kg/m. And if both our charts were scaled correctly the tq/hp would intersect at 5252 and the curves would appear a little differently. But the numbers would not change.

Dynos are really best suited for exactly what I am using it for- comparison on the same bike, same dyno as a judge of changes made. Really nothing nothing more than that.

If you are curious what your bike does, instead of a advertisement- I am sure there is a dyno somewhere near you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
use2b_imp said:
really not concerned and baby my engine , it is what it is .

only had my Model A Truck on a Dyno for tuning
What else is done to the bike other than the exhaust? 100% stock breathing otherwise?

Loosing the cats would really make me want to adjust the fueling. I would think they already blocked the pair system somehow or you should be getting decel popping.
 
I follow with great interest what you guys are doing and admire your technical knowhow but I will leave my engine alone as I am very happy with the power/torque for my kind of riding at 68.
 
Thread starter
The bike is perfectly fine as it comes from the factory other than a slight low throttle twitch in a parking lot, etc.

I just like playing with engines to see what I can get out of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
really not concerned and baby my engine , it is what it is .

only had my Model A Truck on a Dyno for tuning
What else is done to the bike other than the exhaust? 100% stock breathing otherwise?

Loosing the cats would really make me want to adjust the fueling. I would think they already blocked the pair system somehow or you should be getting decel popping.
What else is done to the bike other than the exhaust? 100% stock breathing otherwise?

Loosing the cats would really make me want to adjust the fueling. I would think they already blocked the pair system somehow or you should be getting decel popping.
have no idea what was done to the bike but it starts , idles and runs perfect I see no Cats but has an O2 sensor
 
Thread starter
After being well overdue for not only an arrival of my cams, but even a simple update after several emails requesting one- I called again today.

As seems to be typical by now- I received a busy signal a few times so had to try a couple times.

Once I got a ring tone- I was answered by someone who put me on hold (typical) for the person I was familiar with and had spoken with before (and who is the one that answers the website email so I assume the manager or owner)...

So as I have done several times in the past- I waited on hold.

...and as I have done several time in the past eventually someone came back on the line and asked me to call back later. Ugh.

So I did. And eventually called back and got the person I was wanting. She knew who I was immediately- but didn't have an answer off the top of her head, went to 'check' and came back telling me they are still working on them and it would be another week or 2.

At this point- having been this long- I didn't have the heart to complain so just said OK let me know....

Not a good way to do business.

If they are that busy- hire more people.

I really hope these cams work.
 
This tells me that they may never have'em and it may be just a bull cuss.
Wish you best of luck, Josh :thumbsup:
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
After being well overdue for not only an arrival of my cams, but even a simple update after several emails requesting one- I called again today.

As seems to be typical by now- I received a busy signal a few times so had to try a couple times.

Once I got a ring tone- I was answered by someone who put me on hold (typical) for the person I was familiar with and had spoken with before (and who is the one that answers the website email so I assume the manager or owner)...

So as I have done several times in the past- I waited on hold.

...and as I have done several time in the past eventually someone came back on the line and asked me to call back later. Ugh.

So I did. And eventually called back and got the person I was wanting. She knew who I was immediately- but didn't have an answer off the top of her head, went to 'check' and came back telling me they are still working on them and it would be another week or 2.

At this point- having been this long- I didn't have the heart to complain so just said OK let me know....

Not a good way to do business.

If they are that busy- hire more people.

I really hope these cams work.
Share with us the name of the cam grinder, I'm sure he would like the publicity.
 
Thread starter
It is Web cams.

They emailed me a receipt today and asked for me to call them. So I did- they said the cams are done and will ship out tomorrow.

I don't know how many people work there, so don't get me wrong- I've dealt with 1 & 2 man shops before, example head porting and long times and limited communication are expected.

I just hoped for some sort of a response after being told another 10 business days (after months) so emailing once on the 3rd week afterward, once on the 4th week, and hearing crickets.

They are nice enough on the phone. I did have to repeatedly mention the split timing to which they kept saying no problem they got it- but when I pointed out the specs they gave me as stock measurements should have more data points they finally went back to measure again and said- ohhh..

At this point I just hope my valves don't kiss my pistons, my springs don't bind, my valves don't float..you know all the fun stuff that falls on me and not them. :)

I will be turning the engine over several times slowly by hand before firing up to hopefully feel at least static crown contact.

Certainly not the first time- I have had custom cams (larger) made for several engines over the years that nobody ever tried before. Nothing has died yet- other than my wallet.
 
Thread starter
If I am understanding the bits and pieces I am putting together from several emails over many many months (I started this in 2016)- this is the final cam specs-

Intake-

'small lobes'-

0.318 lift, @.020" 234°, @.040" 216°, @.050" 208°, @.100" 183°, @.150" 160°, @.200" 132°, @.300" 54°

'large lobes'-

0.312 lift, @.020" 246°, @.040" 227°, @.050" 220°, @.100" 193°, @.150" 167°, @.200" 137°, @.300" 45°

Exhaust-

0.314 lift, @.020" 253°, @.040" 231°, @.050" 223°, @.100" 193°, @.150" 166°, @.200" 137°, @.300" 47°
 
11f2e978290beb725bc678476abd64b3.gif


:D
 
Back
Top