Advice sought please

Bokobob_imp said:
How nice. Thank you all. Please know that I am blessed. My wife of 60 years as of last week is profoundly handicapped from a stroke, cannot speak, is dizzy 24/7 in any waking moments, is paralyzed on one side and cannot get out of bed and yet is cheerful as a senior in high school whose love object just asked her to go steady..Yes, she is still in love, and of course, I too.
I visit with her every day twice, and I hire ladies to assist her with dinner 6 night a week. She indicates she has a happy life, likes her room, like her aides and nurses, roommate, and is not mad at God for being sick all these years...when I awaken in the morning, I feel like there I wind blowing into my sails and I just go over to assist her with breakfast. Then I go back for lunch. She never complains although she does indicate with her good hand making a circle in front of her face that she is dizzy when I show up. My goal is to out live her so she does not get lonely..we are high school sweethearts. She is extremely alert. She cannot write. I just wanted to share that info with you all. Oh, she was stricken on March 23, 2005..It's been a long, long time.

Again, thank you for your welcome.

Bob
Thank you for sharing that Bob. My wife and I are childhood sweethearts, got married at 19 years old and have been married for 47 years. Now that we are getting old and are still in love we think about the near future and what that may hold, but whatever it is it will be together. Little did we know what our love would mean to us in later years:shy:

ralph
 
Well, that was hard to read without tearing up. Good on you Bob, and your wife.
 
G'day Bokobob and a very warm welcome to this forum. Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike a great deal. I reckon the seat is not so good, and I use an AirHawk cushion when I ride the thing any distance.

I'm with Ferret and FritzW: that's a sad but inspiring tale about your wife.

Enjoy the bike and share some pictures when you can.
 
Hello Bob, I'm just catching up with this thread.
I'm 78 and bought my CB last year. It's the best bike I have ever owned so I'm sure you will love it too.
You will have to make up your own mind about the seat, but many find it a killer after an hour or so as I do. Most factory seats are that way so the CB isn't that much different.
Unless you're into long distance touring for hours on end, you will probably get along with the seat fairly well. After an hour or so it's time for a break anyway. It depends on the individual and their tolerance for pain or discomfort.
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. My wife was in failing health for several years and I lost her two years ago.
All the best and enjoy the CB :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Rode the bike a bit today...Weather kind of threatening and didn't want to go very far from home. It runs and rides like a dream, but you guys all know that already. I have some highly-adjustable kuryakyn pegs that I will attach to the frame beneath the engine so that I can get a change of posture when riding on the highway...These pegs will be a good foot and maybe 18 inches more forward from the rider pegs, which, of course, I 'll leave intact.

Thank you all for your good wishes..
 
Bob thank you for sharing. I think we truly start learning what love is as we age with our spouses. You are certainly demonstrating what true love is and to see your thankfulness is beautiful.
 
Bob...I second & third what others have posted thoughtfully before me... one thought I have regarding your insurance statements is that I used to pay substantially for having multiple bike "herd"... then, I discovered with my independent agent the Progressive Company... they have a policy option that "bundles" multiple bikes & I immediately found that I could pay SUBSTANTIALLY LESS for "bundled" bike policies than what another company was "gouging" me for individual bike policies!... After all, if I(you) are riding one of our bikes... the other bikes in the bundle are NOT on the road... You might check it out... The "bundling" of vehicles in policies with Progressive meant that I also saved $$ on my pickups, too... At any rate, best wishes with your new ride!!...I hope your BRIDE also enjoys hearing of your newly purchased two-wheeler!:hello::worship:
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for still additional comments...I am just home from visiting with my bride for the third time today...I do all three meals with her on Tuesday and the other evenings of the week paid ladies attend to her. I was going to post a photo of us on our 60th anniversary. I don't see where to click to do that. I'll learn.


4 Paws. About the BMW K75. I have had two..this second one is in pristine shape...It's a 95 model....not a scratch..ABS Brake, fuel injected and as smooth as the CB1100 aside from obligatory BMW clunk when shifting. Extremely fast (rated 126 mph), though lacks the pickup of the CB1100, good on gas, expensive to maintain. The K100 model is the same except for fourth cylinder and engine vibrates a good bit.
K100 only weighs 22 lbs more than the K75..Same frame and all.

When I learn how to attach a photo I'll do so.

Grace + peace,
Bob
 
Bokobob, tell us more about the "highly adjustable Kury pegs" you plan to mount. Will they work if you have engine guards? That is where I mounted my pegs but I'd like to have some another 8-12" further forward.
As for the stock seat, I didn't have 500 miles on my 2014 before I took the seat to an uphostery shop and had it reconfigured to minimize the "sliding forward" I was experiencing. I'm 6 ft. and always feel like I'm sitting forward, so the seat mod of more foam on the front end and moving the butt part back 2" helped me. I have since ordered a sheepskin cover and have also already cut a piece of foam to use under the cover, if needed. I ride a Goldwing as well and the more comfort I can get on the CB1100, the better.
 
Thread starter
White Dog please PM Me your email and i'll send a photo of the pegs which you are welcome to post here if you like.

"highly adjustable" in this case means that the pegs are mounted onto a collar (different diameters are available) and the collar is attached to frame, crash bar, etc. I think the collar for the CB1100 frame is about 1.5 inches in diameter, and there is also a 1" and a 7/8 inch collar available, and perhaps other diameters..

One end of the collar is a hinge. The other end of the collar provides a hole for bolting it to a rotatable 3" long rod (think one side of a bicycle crank) that is at right angles to the hole, so it can be moved 360 degrees to a desired place on the circumference (visualize a bicycle crank turning as one pedals the bike.) The pegs are about the size and thickness of a deck of playing cards and can be adjusted up or down for placement of one's foot in a comfortable way. (UP and down as in the "elevator" of an airplane wing to make the plane ascend or descend or stay level in flight.)

The bolt hole on the collar for bolting the rotatable 3" rod can be pointed up or down. This gives an additional 3-4 inches of height adjustment for the pegs.

I hope this makes just a tiny bit of sense...Anyone who doesn't grasp my gist, please pm me or comment by responding to this message for all to see.
Grace + Peace,

Bob
 
White Dog_imp said:
Bokobob, tell us more about the "highly adjustable Kury pegs" you plan to mount. Will they work if you have engine guards? That is where I mounted my pegs but I'd like to have some another 8-12" further forward.
As for the stock seat, I didn't have 500 miles on my 2014 before I took the seat to an uphostery shop and had it reconfigured to minimize the "sliding forward" I was experiencing. I'm 6 ft. and always feel like I'm sitting forward, so the seat mod of more foam on the front end and moving the butt part back 2" helped me. I have since ordered a sheepskin cover and have also already cut a piece of foam to use under the cover, if needed. I ride a Goldwing as well and the more comfort I can get on the CB1100, the better.
I, too, have installed some Kury pegs similar to the ones Bokobob has described. Here is a link for your perusal.

FWIW, I attached my right angle Kury pegs onto the OEM Honda chrome engine guards installed on my DLX. The chrome finish on Kuryakyn products is very impressive and substantial.
fritz
 
Thread starter
fritzwillinger, the link you posted is great and contain MANY sublinks/photos of various adaptations of the Kury pegs. Mine are like the ones called "offset" pegs. I did not know about some of the other wonderful adaptations. My pegs, bought at a dealer, cost $150..the "collars" cost an additional $50. Kury stuff is of the highest quality I have ever seen but it is costly..

I do not have engine bars yet...I will see how the pegs I now own fit and work when I install them onto the frame member that is horizontal to the ground.

Grace +Peace,
Bob
 
Thread starter
Ok, update....I installed the kury offset pegs I own onto the lower part of the frame...They were not satisfactory because the left side of the engine protrudes too far to the side and impedes the proper and comfortable placement of my foot. The right side is a less unsatisfactory but still is more of a nuisance than a help. I will take them off today.

Next step will be to take my time to research related issues and decide how to proceed...Looming large as a possibility is some sort of engine bars.

Open to suggestion, please.

Grace + Peace,

Bob
 
SW Motech bars from Twisted Throttle.

9359ca95ea3f98adb9d8d2e72ed08e69.jpg


f66dd700bf805d2845c4018fe25f140a.jpg


75c9deee5854fd4c8948100f43285f0d.jpg
 
Back
Top