Advice sought please

I like the looks of the SW Motec bars better than the Honda stock engine guards. They appear to be mounted further forward than stock ones. The SW looks to give you more options for footpegs than the stock ones. But, since I already have the Honda guards and they are paid for, I'll just have to make do with them.

OTOH, with the offset Kury arms I have on order, the stock engine guards should work, as the offset arms should allow enough adjustment latitude to work around the odd shape of the Honda guards. If I could have do overs, I'd opted for the SW guards like posted in the previous post, but as I mentioned before, I got the Honda guards as part of the trade-in package.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
SW Motech bars from Twisted Throttle.

9359ca95ea3f98adb9d8d2e72ed08e69.jpg


f66dd700bf805d2845c4018fe25f140a.jpg


75c9deee5854fd4c8948100f43285f0d.jpg
Thank you White Dog.....I'll check the diameter of the motecs online. they look plenty stout and heavy duty...If you know the diamter of the bars, please let us know on the forum...
Best,
Bob
 
Bob,
I respect your love and commitment. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 14 years ago when she was only in her early 60's. Since then, I have seen her deteriorate at a painfully slow pace, to the point where she is now essentially a 135 pound newborn who can't stand, speak, or feed herself. My father, her teenage sweetheart and husband of over 50 years, has been by her side, keeping her comfortable at home as best he can with help from paid caregivers during the day and evening. It is a very heavy mental, physical, emotional and financial weight to carry. Your outlook on life speaks highly of both you and your faith.

Congratulations on the CB, you will enjoy it very much. Now how about a picture of the K75! My '94 K75S in silk blue is one of my 50+ bikes I really regret selling!
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
Bob,
I respect your love and commitment. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 14 years ago when she was only in her early 60's. Since then, I have seen her deteriorate at a painfully slow pace, to the point where she is now essentially a 135 pound newborn who can't stand, speak, or feed herself. My father, her teenage sweetheart and husband of over 50 years, has been by her side, keeping her comfortable at home as best he can with help from paid caregivers during the day and evening. It is a very heavy mental, physical, emotional and financial weight to carry. Your outlook on life speaks highly of both you and your faith.

Congratulations on the CB, you will enjoy it very much. Now how about a picture of the K75! My '94 K75S in silk blue is one of my 50+ bikes I really regret selling!
This is a 95 with abs, now has windshield and paint is still in showroom condition...27K miles.
 
I also recently bought a left over '14 and I'm in love with it. The ergonomics are perfect for leisurely rides. If you ride to enjoy the scenery going by and the mechanical sounds coming from under you, you'll LOVE the CB.

I'm 49 and do a LOT of riding. The stock seat is great for about an hour at a time, then the burn sets in. Changing a seat is an easy mod, though. Don't let it stop you from getting the best bike you'll ever own.

LakeWylieJoe
 
Thread starter
Thanks LakewylieJoe...I see we live close t one another...Yes it is a wonderful bike...
With fewer than 100 miles clocked on her so far, it is a little soon to declare it my best ever owned, but am already inclined to think it will be among my top three ever, in no particular order: 1994 Honda Magna power cruiser, 95 BMW K75, 14 CB 1400.
I will say it is the quickest off the line with the second fastest being the 94 Magna. But at age 79, that is no matter to me.
 
So since the K75 may have fallen to a lowly 2nd place behind the CB, please feel free to contact me to let me know how much you want for the BMW! :rofl: We are only about about 3 hours away from each other.
 
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
So since the K75 may have fallen to a lowly 2nd place behind the CB, please feel free to contact me to let me know how much you want for the BMW! :rofl: We are only about about 3 hours away from each other.
Thank you for your interest in the BMW K75. I will have to do more riding on both the CB1100 and the K75 to determine if I want to keep it, which at the moment I do. It may likely be springtime before I will have formed a solid opinion..Info: low profile seat, parabellum windshield, ABS brakes, newer tires, 27K miles.

STay tuned..

Grace + Peace,

Bob
 
Interesting we have the same taste in bikes but 20 years difference in age. I've owned my K75RT since new in 1990 and fully expect it out last me. Top heavy bike as I get older and my legs seem to get shorter. You are my new hero Bokobob


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Interesting we have the same taste in bikes but 20 years difference in age. I've owned my K75RT since new in 1990 and fully expect it out last me. Top heavy bike as I get older and my legs seem to get shorter. You are my new hero Bokobob


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Elipten, cool to have a touring model..I stayed away from them as my K75 is already hot and then some in the summer...I can relate to top heavy as I also had a Kawa XII voyager until about a year ago and it became too top heavy so I cut it loose...
Flying bricks are indeed cool bikes. One of world's best kept secrets.

Grace + Peace,
Bob
 
The K75 is a great secret. Back in 1993 I was at the dealer getting it serviced and the BMW factory tech was at the shop training the staff. I asked him what wears out or fails on the K75. His reply was "the rider wears out!" Well it is true. There are some owners with 800,000 miles and still going strong!

Peace be with you.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
I seem to remember meeting a kid for a test ride of a K75 a couple years ago. When I first got on it I just about fell over the handlebars. I told the kid "Maybe you should sell this thing to someone in your age bracket." we both got a good laugh. Wound up buying a Cruiser that had to be mechanically restored and traded it the past Spring for the 2014 CB1100.
 
Back
Top