'79 GL1000, 60Kms

Of course it comes with RLETs! You need advice not other than to fit them to your other bike.
 
Thread starter
Well, let me explain:

GO>> '75 GL is a private sale. These pics (not mine) were taken some time ago from red carpet show and are courtesy of a friend of mine. It has 35Kms.

Cormanus>> if I by this Blue Queen II, RLETs will stay on, but installation on the CB very unlikely....it would be the best solution for us all . In this case, I would earn Master-Padawan degree :P

Side note: can you look into why Quote this post buttons are inactive for 2+ posts new reply.
:shy:
 
PB, just what does the quote this post button do? If use the reply button it quotes the post. Whats up with the quote thing?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB, just what does the quote this post button do? If use the reply button it quotes the post. Whats up with the quote thing?
Before, I could quote 2+ posts at once, now it works same as reply = 1 on 1 bases. A 100% positive it used to work before.
 
OK, I see now. I never did that so didn’t know the button would do that.
 
Hmm I see what PB was talking about now. That function isn't working for me either. I'll contact adm.
 
It’s a nuisance, isn’t it? I’ve mentioned it to Guth before, but it won’t ask again, Ferret.

I’ve also noticed that the sidebar on the right, which used to be able to be turned off, now re-appears with every page refresh.
 
Thread starter
It looks like GL1000 is not meant for me....
The '75 got sold before I even saw it, and I believe, it was already pre-sold when I was notified, without any contact info.
These, in excellent shape bikes, are usually sold through the inner circle that I just jumped into = novice....wait your turn
 
Thread starter
Just got an email from my friend about the yellow beauty:
'76 GL1000/30K miles, it is very nice wing, no scratches, rust or anything odd, it is better than the 78 blue and same level as the red 76, I showed you pic of.
Got new timing belts, rebuilt carbs, new battery, Metzler tires, completely rebuilt brake system, condenser, points and many OEM parts all from Honda

Not the best time for me to buy it, so while waiting and sighing, would like to share some pics of this yellow queen ...around $6G

4505bc4f17e5dcfe3e0f5107ece7fd2a.jpg


24ceebf13fb4ce1864fffb9296c8b353.jpg


7a2c48bbabaa938fbef863963a8a4bc8.jpg


87f79e69e51de0a16505bfaee25be11b.jpg


6c40a818cb47110a6b042f8026bb7cf6.jpg
 
Pretty bike, Peter. Pity the timing's bad for you. 30K is not really a lot of miles for a bike that age.
 
Very nice bike. Wouldn't mind one of those at all.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I know, might be able to see it this Saturday...and sometimes seeing = purchasing.
This would be for weekends and 250 kms radius riding...not for long haul tho.
He always has good stuff, no disappointment...but with the bike age you never know, especially when grandma is changing hands....
 
Peter , you deserve this bike , do not let it slip through your hands , you always will regret it if you do not buy this beautiful bike.....
 
What a great bike! A classic beauty.

I too have active alerts on a few websites in case a GL1000 or an early GL1100 passes by, but the 'naked' pre-1980 models are extremely rare. Having said that, I think that $6000 is a bit high, given that decent and low-mile Interstates and Aspenglades had be had for less than $3000. Of course these Interstates & Aspenglades then need work to 'undress' them.
 
The bike looks like it's in princely condition Pete.

Looks like it could be fun to acquire, and no lip rustlin' with RLETs either. It is complete!

That is one bulbous shaft drive - neat.
 
Thread starter
Ya, I know...waiting for response ...it would make total of 4 RLETs in the stable...:)

John, thanks for your declaration and well wishes, yellow would really work for me...as one time I wanted the yellow tank of '17 for my white CB.
:cool:

I wish, we were getting spring now, not winter...bad time!!
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , you deserve this bike , do not let it slip through your hands , you always will regret it if you do not buy this beautiful bike.....
I have always wanted a yellow bike and this one is a beauty! Yes PB, you should jump on it if only so I can enjoy it vicariously through you. :banana:
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , you deserve this bike , do not let it slip through your hands , you always will regret it if you do not buy this beautiful bike.....
I have always wanted a yellow bike and this one is a beauty! Yes PB, you should jump on it if only so I can enjoy it vicariously through you. :banana:
I have always wanted a yellow bike and this one is a beauty! Yes PB, you should jump on it if only so I can enjoy it vicariously through you. :banana:
I don't think, I am next in a line for it....he is negotiating with the first buyer...?? but If I get it, I'll give you a ride KE and Houtman :)
 
Back
Top