'79 GL1000, 60Kms

Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , if your wife is in the hospital than you can do whatever you want !
Go for it !
John, in your opinion, while in hospital, do you think, she may hear when I start '76 GL 1000 ?, she already recognizes CB1100 :P
 
. don't buy too many of those beauties Peter.. keeping those carbs flushing clean gas through themselves will become your new occupation.. (it's a dirty job) haha .. hopefully you have a better quality gas up there near the arctic circle .. I don't mind going through a set of carbs once.. having to do it again sucks.. I had that happen to me with my low mileage 1975 gl 1000.. admittedly, the second time was easier..
chuckk ..
 
Thread starter
Today, I took a good look at it with cold start up and friendly chat.
Next time, will take it for a short ride, winter still here....so have some time to make my decision.
He says, I have to do nothing, t-belt, oils, filters already replaced, will come with a few spare parts, but I would get rid of rear tire if transaction completed.
On Monday, in$urance talk takes place.
:biker:
 
old style water pump ? or has it been replaced..
I must be a glutton for punishment.. thank God I had many extra parts.. including a good motor.. this one needed a motor.. I bought it sight-unseen from a buddy for $100. I never thought it would be quite this rough.. a bike with a clear title is always worth $100. :rolleyes: ...
chuckk ..
.
68d94d998421981088748badf7071ff1.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Geeees...do not know from where to start and how to begin with.....this guy is just so straightforward and so nice that I would spend days and nights talking to him about bikes and related issues. Had only 1/2 hr but spent 60 min and my son with his girlfriend waiting patiently in my car.
In his tiny garage he has few jewels in pristine and OEM condition, all are 1000cc and from 1970-ies, a real private museum, all running daily when weather permits.
This is his email to me after my todays visit:

"Hi Peter,
It was pleasure to meet you and I really enjoyed our meeting, these ones are the bikes for sale:
1- 1979 Honda GL1000 with 60,000km in Blue ..........
2- 1978 Suzuki GS1000E with 24,000km in Black second edition $7,500
3- 1978 Suzuki GS1000EC with 21,000km in Blue first edition $ 7,500
4- 1976 Honda GL1000 LTD with 28,000 miles in Marron asking $9,000
All the bikes are completely refurbished and 100% stock with original km, and all in daily ride condition, take care my friend all the best."

I told him, I'll get back to him within a weak, cos I have to cool down my excitement, otherwise I would buy them all, which would definitely send my wife to a nearby hospital...

See the pics, otherwise you would tell me that I am lying....

1d68f3f1ca63d21f84e3d3458f092069.jpg


330f432872eb5e9eb84479296beffb4a.jpg


4773f8a832f44120e79a53230f4b172f.jpg


85d6b5af193db7ceb79f4c325c708f5f.jpg


69c1e0c20c8534ae969e89f033b29ced.jpg


eb4095d2efdc2b2c18ddd41caf221bd2.jpg


81964de7823fe6f23173ef3163a3d210.jpg


625b416b29ce64ad27b56665462cb44d.jpg


4435d12742bd4160d6a57df862c3d8e8.jpg


92d21afae417be43377571466bf8c88e.jpg


266f4af9aaab1c6357c6a0a1548c20e5.jpg






...to be continued...
...page 2















:D

Hmmm, that blue GW is startin' to grow on me. Hm, ... mm, ... I think I recognize that garage.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Geeees...do not know from where to start and how to begin with.....this guy is just so straightforward and so nice that I would spend days and nights talking to him about bikes and related issues. Had only 1/2 hr but spent 60 min and my son with his girlfriend waiting patiently in my car.
In his tiny garage he has few jewels in pristine and OEM condition, all are 1000cc and from 1970-ies, a real private museum, all running daily when weather permits.
This is his email to me after my todays visit:

"Hi Peter,
It was pleasure to meet you and I really enjoyed our meeting, these ones are the bikes for sale:
1- 1979 Honda GL1000 with 60,000km in Blue ..........
2- 1978 Suzuki GS1000E with 24,000km in Black second edition $7,500
3- 1978 Suzuki GS1000EC with 21,000km in Blue first edition $ 7,500
4- 1976 Honda GL1000 LTD with 28,000 miles in Marron asking $9,000
All the bikes are completely refurbished and 100% stock with original km, and all in daily ride condition, take care my friend all the best."

I told him, I'll get back to him within a weak, cos I have to cool down my excitement, otherwise I would buy them all, which would definitely send my wife to a nearby hospital...

See the pics, otherwise you would tell me that I am lying....

1d68f3f1ca63d21f84e3d3458f092069.jpg


330f432872eb5e9eb84479296beffb4a.jpg


4773f8a832f44120e79a53230f4b172f.jpg


85d6b5af193db7ceb79f4c325c708f5f.jpg


69c1e0c20c8534ae969e89f033b29ced.jpg


eb4095d2efdc2b2c18ddd41caf221bd2.jpg


81964de7823fe6f23173ef3163a3d210.jpg


625b416b29ce64ad27b56665462cb44d.jpg


4435d12742bd4160d6a57df862c3d8e8.jpg


92d21afae417be43377571466bf8c88e.jpg


266f4af9aaab1c6357c6a0a1548c20e5.jpg






...to be continued...
...page 2















:D

Hmmm, that blue GW is startin' to grow on me. Hm, ... mm, ... I think I recognize that garage.

Hmmm, that blue GW is startin' to grow on me. Hm, ... mm, ... I think I recognize that garage.
He has few more for sale...you may buy '76 GW LTD for C$9 Grands, and we ride together GO.
:cool:
 
Chuckk_imp said:
old style water pump ? or has it been replaced..
I must be a glutton for punishment.. thank God I had many extra parts.. including a good motor.. this one needed a motor.. I bought it sight-unseen from a buddy for $100. I never thought it would be quite this rough.. a bike with a clear title is always worth $100. :rolleyes: ...
chuckk ..
.
68d94d998421981088748badf7071ff1.jpg
I am curious how this project looked like in the end ( please surprise :clap: ).
 
.. I can't say for sure.. I have had so many.. (over 100 wings) .. after experimenting with different colors, I settled on basic black .. that's the color buyers were most happy with.. the 2 part clear-coat made the paint jobs.. when I bought my new phone, many pics were lost.. as you can see, this one has the comstar wheels that came out in 78, I think..along with the 1100cc engine that came out in 1980.. so this could have been the bike ..
.
7edf6e9632d270f7b21e10be5d5c910a.jpg

.
d909be6fded3d7d208367b969e98efab.jpg
 
Thread starter
Unfortunately, the blue GL1000 beauty was sold last night to one of the owner's best friend.
Asking price was C$5000 and it was about a week on the market.
He is working on the '78 GL1000, black...which is not my fave colour..:-/
Perhaps my slow decision means: I'm not ready for the second bike....but at least, I got some more experience and made new vintage contacts there ....and behind the curtain = thank you Lash!
:biker:
 
Well Peter at least there is no hospital bill to pay for your wife , all that money you saved can now go to your next bike purchase .
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Unfortunately, the blue GL1000 beauty was sold last night to one of the owner's best friend.
Asking price was C$5000 and it was about a week on the market.
He is working on the '78 GL1000, black...which is not my fave colour..:-/
Perhaps my slow decision means: I'm not ready for the second bike....but at least, I got some more experience and made new vintage contacts there ....and behind the curtain = thank you Lash!
:biker:
... and it was fun!
 
here is a pic of the california bike that is for sale.. it would be a good winter project for you guys living up by the North Pole..
.
86e8cc678dbff6b29e241093f0041d90.jpg
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Well Peter at least there is no hospital bill to pay for your wife , all that money you saved can now go to your next bike purchase .
$$$$$ >>>>> :biker: :biker:
:D
Chuckk_imp said:
Peter.. check your email.. here is a California bike for you..
Thanks, but have to see it in person.......must be a local CBX or GW....and it does not even have winter tires for the North Pole trip :P
 
Thread starter
Here is one more, 1975 GL1000 with 30ooo kms, mint & OEM

2dbc707ffb8222c76636b59fc870b604.jpg


72f6e304d63173210dcb861617ae72c0.jpg


bd9ea0dcddb22514e9b87d73ef6ac23e.jpg


ac5d05c55718fa6c86ca01733312d8df.jpg


....something's gonna happen soon..
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
PB: Yer teasin' with dat dare shaft gear.
Like that design, eh?
OMG, just noticed, it comes with RLETs... boy oh boy..Popgun advice I need will..
 
Back
Top