68 CB450 Rebuild with pictures

I have heard more than once of people buying hydraulic jacks/lifts from the stinky chinese tool place that didn't have any/enough fluid in them. They will rise, but then unexpectedly fall as well. Sorta like....:blush:
 
Thread starter
It has a locking mechanism and they recommend taking the pressure off the jack and letting it rest on the lockout.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
I have heard more than once of people buying hydraulic jacks/lifts from the stinky chinese tool place that didn't have any/enough fluid in them. They will rise, but then unexpectedly fall as well. Sorta like....:blush:
Probably going to jinx mine by stating I've owned it now for about 4 years with no problems to report. Don't know how I ever lived without it.
 
They clearly tell you in the instructions to fill the jack with fluid! Should put the bottle in the box IMHO! My guess everyone takes it home, and never reads the instructions. One would be foolish not to put the bar in and take the pressure of the pump.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Where did you get your wire harness? Thailand? I ask because I may need one and have heard mixed results on Thailand origin harnesses. Thank you.
 
Thread starter
Ole_imp said:
Where did you get your wire harness? Thailand? I ask because I may need one and have heard mixed results on Thailand origin harnesses. Thank you.
No, I've seen those and they didn't have all the connectors. I found a new old stock harness after searching for a few months. I paid $150 for it. What bike do you need it for?
 
Mike546_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Where did you get your wire harness? Thailand? I ask because I may need one and have heard mixed results on Thailand origin harnesses. Thank you.
No, I've seen those and they didn't have all the connectors. I found a new old stock harness after searching for a few months. I paid $150 for it. What bike do you need it for?
64 CB77 Superhawk no blinkers
 
Thread starter
Ole_imp said:
Mike546_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Where did you get your wire harness? Thailand? I ask because I may need one and have heard mixed results on Thailand origin harnesses. Thank you.
No, I've seen those and they didn't have all the connectors. I found a new old stock harness after searching for a few months. I paid $150 for it. What bike do you need it for?
64 CB77 Superhawk no blinkers
64 CB77 Superhawk no blinkers
There is one on ebay. It looks like the honda part # is 32100-262-020.
Make an offer, probably wont find another one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151670861050?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Nice, I like the before and afters and the odometer with 1 mile
The colors look off a little in the pictures but it's not noticeable in person.

I got the mufflers on today. They are reproductions and took some chopping and grinding to get them on. I had to shorten the left header to get everything lined up.



[url=http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Bova/media/CB450/image.jpg7_zpsrid2tz9d.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Bova/media/CB450/image.jpg9_zps9oducc74.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ray.

Chapomis_imp said:
Have you fired it up yet ?
Not yet but I'm planning on starting it this weekend. I've got an old lawn mower gas tank I'll strap to the frame to test it out. About the only other thing left is painting the chain guard and recovering a seat.
 
Back
Top