2026 Heartland Rally 8/29-9/5, 2026 Official Thread

Thread starter
Updated 3/18:  Here is the list of members who said in this thread they were planning on attending for all or part of the rally.  "R" means a room has been reserved for you.  Absence of an R means you haven't reserved or you reserved after 3/16.  If you reserved and don't have an R by your name, PM me so I can look into the matter. 

EmptySea R
The Ferret R
Offroad R
MagnaRider
RedBird R
A-Man R
DAC R
Razor R
rdprdp01 
Eruce22
DeltaMark
Lunchbag R
OldVicRider R

Don't forget to reserve your room.  Call to book - 608-588-2568  I've been working with Pam Stole, but anyone who answers should be able to book you.
 
Thread starter
the Ferret said:
Really rdprdp01 is coming? Cool. How about THAT?

My error.  I believe his name is Dave and since like 80% of the attendees are also named Dave, I got confused. rdprdp01 HAS said that he's intending on going, but he has not reserved a room as of yet to my knowledge.   I removed the R from the list, but hope to restore it soon.

MTC
 
Thread starter
The A-man said:
Don't forget about Goldwing Dave.  He should be on your list.

Could never forget Goldwing Dave.  He doesn't appear to be a member of the forum, though, and is rooming with DAC.  I'll update the list next week and that will have the first name and last initial of each attendee.
 
Room booked today. Jeff B. (attended Berea and Maggie Valley rallies) and I will be there either by riding or towing….to be determined by the weather and other factors. Jeff will be riding  a Honda Transalp he bought late last fall. I haven’t decided whether to bring the Goldwing or Cb. If we ride, it will be Goldwing. I rode thru Wisconsin a few years ago by traveling via Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Looking forward to seeing more of Wisconsin.
 
Thread starter
I thought that we should have our rally banquet at a "Wisconsin Supper Club".  For those not familiar, these are local and usually rural restaurants that provide locals with a nicer place to dine for special occasions even if that special occasion is celebrating the 20-pound muskie you caught earlier that Saturday.  Supper clubs have long been apart of Wisconsin culture and I want rally goers to share in the experience. 

I have reserved space at Hi Point Steakhouse Hi Point Steakhouse | Hi Point Supper Club | Ridgeway WI for Thursday, Sept 3.  I don't recall the time, but I think I made it a Ferret-friendly 5:30 (or maybe 6:00).  Take some time to peruse the menu.  Note:  they will be able to "unadulterate" (just made up a word) most of the entrees for those who need that.

Please book your rooms asap!   It's going to be a blast!
 
MTC,

Sounds like a fun time! There is an article in the April issue of Road Runner magazine about Wisconsin supper clubs. Looks like some gooood food in them.

They started in Racine, then 18 to Madison, 113 to Baraboo, then 33 to La Crosse and ate at different clubs along the way.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun said:
MTC,

Sounds like a fun time!  There is an article in the April issue of Road Runner magazine about Wisconsin supper clubs.  Looks like some gooood food in them.

They started in Racine, then 18 to Madison, 113 to Baraboo, then 33 to La Crosse and ate at different clubs along the way.

18 to Madison is meh.   113 to Baraboo is a great road.  33 to La Crosse is also great in parts.  I don't think we'll be on 113 for any of our rides since most of our rides will be west-ish from the hotel.   I know we will be on 33 frequently, especially since 33 is the road through Wildcat Mountain State Park -- I haven't seen the article, but I'd bet good money that there are photos of 33 going through the state park.  

I'll have to look for that issue, because I've tried to plan a "supper club" tour, but have a hard time finding lodging within waling distance of most of the supper clubs.  Inasmuch as an Old Fashioned is a essential part of my supper club experience, nearby lodging (or a local ride-share) is important to me.
 
I have reserved a room for the 3rd. I will fly into Milwaukee that morning early and depart on the 4th in the late evening.

I hope to greet everyone when they return from the ride on Thursday, join you for dinner for what I am sure will be an evening to remember, and see you off to the last ride Friday morning. After what has been a challenging week, I now find myself ending my day on a very positive note. See you soon. David
 
Thread starter
Just bumping this information to encourage more of you to come up north (or west or east as the case may be). I will post asap the list of folks that have booked their rooms. Once you book, please post it in a reply to this thread. Thank you!

Round Barn Hotel

Call to book - 608-588-2568 I've been working with Pam Stole, but anyone who answers should be able to book you.

Group Name - Driftless Area (they picked it and it seemed dopey for me to have them change it)

Rates: Rooms with a single king bed are $100.80 +tax Rooms with 2 queen beds are $118.00+tax

Amenities
All rooms have: mini fridge, microwave, 1 cup coffee maker, hair dryer (Ferret only really needs one of these)
Some rooms have a small patio.
Most rooms have USB chargers and there is internet. (I've not had issues with cell service in Spring Green or really anywhere in the Driftless)
Heated indoor pool
Several outdoor gathering areas
Banquet room
 
What have we here?
I don’t have a bike right now but could pop over for a couple days on the scooter.
Or rent a Harley,,,
 
Definitely the scooter. They're underrated.
 
Cormanus said:
Definitely the scooter. They're underrated.

It’s a two fiddy. Honda Big Ruckus. 73 mph top speed. I traded my Honda Stateline on a Honda Pioneer UTV.
 
Thread starter
Ole said:
What have we here?
I don’t have a bike right now but could pop over for a couple days on the scooter.
Or rent a Harley,,,

You're faster on your scooter than I am on my CB, so plan on coming for as many days as you can.  Call me if you have questions that you can't find answers to here.    It would be awesome to see you!  

MTC
 
emptysea said:
Ole said:
What have we here?
I don’t have a bike right now but could pop over for a couple days on the scooter.
Or rent a Harley,,,

You're faster on your scooter than I am on my CB, so plan on coming for as many days as you can.  Call me if you have questions that you can't find answers to here.    It would be awesome to see you!  

MTC

I still got your number Matt! Those Arkansas roads were great. Still got that ferret number also,,,
 
Thread starter
Here’s a weird coincidence: The Motorcycle Sport Touring Association (MSTA) is holding a rally this weekend in Spring Green, WI and based out of the Round Barn Lodge!  So I guess this isn’t such a bad place for a rally after all.  Here’s a link to their site.  Routes There you will find a few routes that I believe you can download for free.  Not saying we’re going to copy some of their routes, but not saying we’re not going to.  ?

If nothing else, a look at their site might encourage a few of you to hop off the fence and sign up for this year’s CB1100 Rally.  Hope to see you there!!!
 
Surely they've copied your routes, emptysea.
 
Back
Top