2025 East Coast Rally Official thread

What a wonderful sounding event!  Perhaps after folks return home we'll get to see photos and maybe some video of all you guys in action. 

Safe travels as you return home.
 
Thread starter
isLa98H.jpeg

88RBDvK.jpeg


BrCXWvS.jpeg


gGLCySj.jpeg


m3kfFLk.jpeg
a9U50CC.jpeg


bkq0ZbG.jpeg


xYbOMit.jpeg


40dmEC7.jpeg


Some of our recorded memories from this week.
 
Home from the rally. Had a great time. Good accommodations, great roads, great weather, good food, and the best group of people to ride with. Mr P and Marsha did a bang up job of organizing and route planning. We got to ride The Snake 421 in Tennessee and the Dragon Slayer 160. Ate in historic Jonesborough, Tenn. Rode thru the worlds shortest Tunnel lol. We rode in 4 different states. Never saw one drop of rain. No body crashed. We had 12 CB's and 9 others for the group photo. Man, what a great week!
 
That makes east coast 11 rallys? Impressive.
 
Some rally images

Sunset one evening taken from the gazebo where we met up in the evenings

flCn3jV.jpg


Rick CB's Onion Burger, and the Cheeseburger Wrap from the Hoot N Hollar cafe'

ZGWRCa0.jpg


aCpNP3w.jpg


l0tr3Ol.jpg


The Snake 421

q5sLxr9.jpg


j5bhOaN.jpg


Bush Mill circa 1896

AKwekSJ.jpg


Kenny aka SCCB rider riding thru the worlds shortest tunnel

z1he97X.jpg


Eating at the Main Street cafe' in historic Jonesborough Tenn

9HVzWfa.jpg
 
I sure would like to be able to attend one day. Tennessee is quite aways from south Texas and I do not own a trailer. Has the rally ever been held closer to Texas?
 
We held one in Arkansas in 2017, but it was poorly attended. Seems unless it's on the eastern side of the midwest, not many people will travel to it. There are places we'd love to have one, but they are too far north or too far west for most of the forum members. We've had them in Ohio, Ky, Va, W Va, Ark, Pa, N Carolina, and now Tenn

At one time a couple were held on the west coast either Or or No California I believe.
 
Made it home.  Thanks to all for a great rally!

I left the bike at a dealer in Louisville. Lucky to find them and service dept open Saturday afternoon.

They will measure Tuesday but test rode and felt warped rotors are the problem. 

I do remember us driving through an inch or two of water after a hot run with heavy braking by me lol so this could be the case?
 
Thread starter
I think i know the water you were talking about, but it wasnt enough to splash by my reckoning. Do you think the warping could have been caused by a caliper dragging? Your brakes did make an awful metal screech sound when we pulled away on friday morning.


michael1954 said:
I sure would like to be able to attend one day. Tennessee is quite aways from south Texas and I do not own a trailer. Has the rally ever been held closer to Texas?

That Arkansas Rally really was surprisingly low on attendance. The middle of the country really does have a wide gulf to cross.  Almost anywhere its held its a looooong drive.  Even a west coast rally would be hard on texans, distance wise.
 
misterprofessionality said:
I think i know the water you were talking about, but it wasnt enough to splash by my reckoning. Do you think the warping could have been caused by a caliper dragging? Your brakes did make an awful metal screech sound when we pulled away on friday morning.

There's a thin metal ring with slots bolted to the rotor, not sure it's purpose. Ferret thought maybe an ABS ring? The service guy said it could be catching on a sensor or something would cause that but thought new rotors would fix that once everything was re-sligned?
 
Offroad said:
Made it home.......
 
They will measure Tuesday but test rode and felt warped rotors are the problem. 
I do remember us driving through an inch or two of water after a hot run with heavy braking by me lol so this could be the case?

Distortion of the rotors caused by water (not corrosion) is very, very unlikely. 
Distortion of the rotors caused by overheating – yes.
It's possible that one of the ABS ring slot is dirty or cracked and is interfering with the ABS on/off pulse signal. This won't behave like a normal ABS interference, but it could cause a similar phenomenon or pulsing.

5WpLS8d.jpg
 
Just to close out the issue I reported earlier in the thread, I received the parts (spark plug caps), verified the resistance of each with an ohmmeter, screwed them onto the #2 and #3 wires after trimming the wires just slightly, put everything back into place, and the bike is running smoothly.  So you could say I'm ready early for 2026!
 
Thread starter
This is really good to hear. I am sorry you got bamboozled out of your trip though. If youre thinking of making a trip down to the mountains some yime before the cold sets in and need somebody to ride with oet me know!
 
Back
Top