2025 East Coast Rally Official thread

Lunchbag said:
I departed home this morning, but I only got ~25 miles from home.  The bike started missing.  I suspected the #3 plug wire due to what happened when I changed spark plugs last week.  When I pulled the wire off the #3 plug, part of the wire remained on the plug.  Photo below.  So at that time I removed the part from the plug, and I figured I'd try to put the part back on (in) the wire.  I pushed it into the wire and it took a lot of force but went in.  Felt like a decent friction fit, so I reassembled all and it has been running flawlessly until this morning.
Me 2, noticed the same issue during spark-plug replacement, however, on cylinder number 1.
Part of the cap booth stayed on the spark-plug - exactly as per your picture.
I pushed it back and so far worked ok.   :dodgy:

Don't understand how it happened.  :huh:
 
Razor said:
Good talking with you last night.

I appreciate the call and I'm confident we're on the right track.  I have the parts on order, but unfortunately I won't get it fixed in time to make the rally.  Thanks for reaching out!


2017 CB said:
I pushed it back and so far worked ok.   

Don't understand how it happened.  

Yeah, when I pushed it back on, it took some force but it went in, so I thought it was fine.  It was good for about 100 miles.

Interestingly, the metal piece inside the cap that engages the plug is a slightly different design in #2 and 3 (at least on my DLX) than #1 and 4.  The ones in #1 and 4 have a slot which you can apparently use to turn them with a screwdriver.  I think if you unscrewed them you would find a resistor and spring inside, but I could be wrong, I'm not going to mess with the good ones.  The ones that went bad for me (#2 and 3) are slightly different in that they don't have the slot for the screwdriver.  They appear to be assembled just by pushing in.  Which is fine, until they get pulled out.  In this photo you can see the slotted one (#4) on the left and #3 on the right.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250825_164043649.webp
    PXL_20250825_164043649.webp
    229 KB · Views: 64
Ok back in from todays ride. Adam laid out another good one in Va and Tenn. we ran the Snake 421 in Shady Valley Tenn which covers 1 valley, 3 mountains and 489 curves. Had lunch at the Damascus diner which was really good and the temp bounced from low 60s to to low 80s and mostly sunny. I think there were 17 bikes on todays ride. Suhawk didnt ride today and Inhouse Bob was just arriving as we pulled in. Redbird followed the procession in his Vette insuring no one got left behind.

Good day.
 
Thread starter
Lunchbag said:
Razor said:
Good talking with you last night.

I appreciate the call and I'm confident we're on the right track.  I have the parts on order, but unfortunately I won't get it fixed in time to make the rally.  Thanks for reaching out!





Lunchbag said:
Razor said:
Good talking with you last night.

I appreciate the call and I'm confident we're on the right track.  I have the parts on order, but unfortunately I won't get it fixed in time to make the rally.  Thanks for reaching out!






Thats bad news man, im sorry to hear your trip got ruined after all. Do you need me to ship your shirt?
 
misterprofessionality said:
Lunchbag said:
Razor said:
Good talking with you last night.

I appreciate the call and I'm confident we're on the right track.  I have the parts on order, but unfortunately I won't get it fixed in time to make the rally.  Thanks for reaching out!






Thats bad news man, im sorry to hear your trip got ruined after all. Do you need me to ship your shirt?



It's all good.  Happy to get the shirt in 2026 ? or if someone wants another men's L, please give it to them.
 
the Ferret said:
... 1 valley, 3 mountains and 489 curves. ...  Redbird followed the procession in his Vette insuring no one got left behind.

Good day.

That's a lot of curves!  Sounds like a very good day indeed...and with a Corvette driving sweep!
 
the Ferret said:
Ok back in from todays ride. Adam laid out another good one in Va and Tenn. we ran the Snake 421 in Shady Valley Tenn which covers 1 valley, 3 mountains and 489 curves. Had lunch at the Damascus diner which was really good and the temp bounced from low 60s to to low 80s and mostly sunny. I think there were 17 bikes on todays ride. Suhawk didnt ride today and Inhouse Bob was just arriving as we pulled in. Redbird followed the procession in his Vette insuring no one got left behind.

Good day.

Ferret, i'd like to know what MY is that Vette and in what gear he's driving..??  :D
 
I think he said its a 2016

Today’s rally ride is in the books. Another good one, this one a trip down into North Carolina on winding roads along a bunch of beautiful creeks . Lunch at a place called Libbys was good. 167 miles on my odo for today’s ride and turned over 78,000 miles on my CB during the ride.
 
Another great rally day in the books. After group photo this morning (12 CB’s and 9 others) we did a 182 mile day in Tenn, Va and Ky. After lunch rode the Dragon Slayer 160 in Ky and Va. great road with a ton of cool turns.
 
Thread starter
Nope! Its only wednesday.  Friday is the last day. But we had to do the picture today because  its the only day every attendee was present.

Also let me post a copy of the official photo since nobody has put it up yet:



gFXM6qO.jpeg


And here's a link to Razors awesome video of all the bikes up close 

 
An incredible picture of an impressive crew!! David
 
peterbaron said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...but why does everyone has the same colour shirt ???  :P

Except for the guy in the front.  He didn't get the memo...   :D
 
Lord Popgun said:
peterbaron said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...but why does everyone has the same colour shirt ???  :P

Except for the guy in the front.  He didn't get the memo...   :D

My screen had a dim setting... and I just noticed him now ...and there is one more at 1 o'clock   :cool:
 
misterprofessionality said:
Nope! Its only wednesday.  Friday is the last day. But we had to do the picture today because  its the only day every attendee was present.

Also let me post a copy of the official photo since nobody has put it up yet:




And here's a link to Razors awesome video of all the bikes up close 






Nice to see some familiar faces and new ones too. !!!
 
Ok I think I forgot to report on Thursday, but it was another gorgeous day full of wonderfully curvy southern roads , 161 miles worth, with lunch at the Hoot and Hollar Cafe which featured food like a cheeseburger wrap and a burger with an onion bun ( the bun was actually slices of onion).

Today Friday last day of the rally we had a leisurely ride on more sweepery roads with lunch at the Main Street Cafe in historic Jonesborough, Tenn. 138 miles today.

Now everyone is in their rooms prepping for the traditional Fri evening rally dinner at the Chop House ( steak place) reserved at 6 Pm.

Been another great rally. Almost 1000 miles of rally rides. Lots of good roads, good food and great company. Thanks to Mr P and Cytocatlady for all the hard work. It paid off in spades.
 
Back
Top