2022 Kawasaki Z650RS

Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
... hey! ... at least they responded to the email.

Many times the norm is no response at all - and they don't have to be salespeople.
Yeah, and GM did not respond himself, he used one of his salesman.
Shy chicken with no guts.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... hey! ... at least they responded to the email.

Many times the norm is no response at all - and they don't have to be salespeople.
Yeah, and GM did not respond himself, he used one of his salesman.
Shy chicken with no guts.
Well, maybe so. But my understanding is it is the sales persons job to interface with the [potential] clients in the first place.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... hey! ... at least they responded to the email.

Many times the norm is no response at all - and they don't have to be salespeople.
Yeah, and GM did not respond himself, he used one of his salesman.
Shy chicken with no guts.
Well, maybe so. But my understanding is it is the sales persons job to interface with the [potential] clients in the first place.
Well, maybe so. But my understanding is it is the sales persons job to interface with the [potential] clients in the first place.
Not in this case, I sent my reminder/inquiry directly to GM and have not dealt with anybody else.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... hey! ... at least they responded to the email.

Many times the norm is no response at all - and they don't have to be salespeople.
Yeah, and GM did not respond himself, he used one of his salesman.
Shy chicken with no guts.
Well, maybe so. But my understanding is it is the sales persons job to interface with the [potential] clients in the first place.
Well, maybe so. But my understanding is it is the sales persons job to interface with the [potential] clients in the first place.
Not in this case, I sent my reminder/inquiry directly to GM and have not dealt with anybody else.
Ah well. A new hunt and thrill begins elsewhere.

= = =

I got my kicks today when I saw an '83 Yamaha Maxim 750! Brought back ol' memories. Wanted to ride it today, but it had no plates.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
...maybe is not meant for me to have this bike???:-/
Who knows? Only you.

Be happy with twice the fun already at hand?

Emotionally easier said than done for any seasoned rider.

But I guess that is a "first world problem". Is that still politically correct anymore to say "first world ... ", ... anyway, hopefully message intent conveyed.
 
Rode a brand new Z650 RS today, what shall I say (other than what I said in my earlier post).
- 5000 rpm needed in 6th gear, for 100km/h - doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right, and burns too much fuel,
- no main stand, due to the kinky exhaust,
- but more important than that, rough vibrations in idle and up to 3000 rpm, and the manual clutch has a hard time to control them,
a soft take-off made almost impossible.
I cannot tell whether this particular bike had a problem, the dealer said no - but she ain't my fav rave.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Rode a brand new Z650 RS today, what shall I say (other than what I said in my earlier post).
- 5000 rpm needed in 6th gear, for 100km/h - doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right, and burns too much fuel,
- no main stand, due to the kinky exhaust,
- but more important than that, rough vibrations in idle and up to 3000 rpm, and the manual clutch has a hard time to control them,
a soft take-off made almost impossible.
I cannot tell whether this particular bike had a problem, the dealer said no - but she ain't my fav rave.
Sounds like it is uncivilized for a 2022 motorcycle offering.
 
I have to mention one more big plus for the Z900RS. I think I may be the only one of us to have owned one since its inception, and that is its seat. It is probably to most comfortable stock seat I have ever owned or ridden. I can ride a 400/500 mile day and my butt never even gets sore or tired. Cannot say the same for either of my CB1100's. I have ridden the EX to San Antonio and back, about 400 miles including the miles in SA, and I do feel it a little on the way home. Not bad, but compared to the Kawasaki, the Z900RS easily wins the seat vote. I also ditched the ugly catalytic converter for Akrapovic, very light and awesome sounding race headers and muffler. But, the Kawasaki will never win the Beauty vote. I think the EX and DLX are the two prettiest bikes I have owned and with much bias, seen.
The two really cannot be compared. I bought them for different reasons. I wanted to own a fast, neo-Retro bike, hence the Z900RS, and I wanted to own the last ever inline 4, air/oiled cooled bike from Japan. With the CB1100's, I just got way more class than the Z900RS will ever be able to muster!
 
Agree with every line, could even see myself buy a Z900RS for the same reasons (if my garage wasn't that much filled)., but certainly not the Z650RS.
As for the seat options, see my today's thread under "seat time".
;)
 
michael1954_imp said:
I have to mention one more big plus for the Z900RS. I think I may be the only one of us to have owned one since its inception, and that is its seat. It is probably to most comfortable stock seat I have ever owned or ridden. I can ride a 400/500 mile day and my butt never even gets sore or tired. Cannot say the same for either of my CB1100's. I have ridden the EX to San Antonio and back, about 400 miles including the miles in SA, and I do feel it a little on the way home. Not bad, but compared to the Kawasaki, the Z900RS easily wins the seat vote. I also ditched the ugly catalytic converter for Akrapovic, very light and awesome sounding race headers and muffler. But, the Kawasaki will never win the Beauty vote. I think the EX and DLX are the two prettiest bikes I have owned and with much bias, seen.
The two really cannot be compared. I bought them for different reasons. I wanted to own a fast, neo-Retro bike, hence the Z900RS, and I wanted to own the last ever inline 4, air/oiled cooled bike from Japan. With the CB1100's, I just got way more class than the Z900RS will ever be able to muster!
Man, I was dropping off new tires at the shop for the CB1100 today (will be installed on Thursday) and fresh out of the box on the floor was a brand new Z900RS. Holy cow, other than that ugly *ss radiator, what a beautiful bike. Got to sit on it and listen to it at startup and some mild throttle twisting. I had no idea the dealer was getting one of these. It definitely reeks of quality and beautiful finish. Sounds amazing too. I am freaking out right now! lol as you say, it scratches a different itch than the CB.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Agree with every line, could even see myself buy a Z900RS for the same reasons (if my garage wasn't that much filled)., but certainly not the Z650RS.
As for the seat options, see my today's thread under "seat time".
;)
After riding a Z900RS, I think the 650 would feel way too small/slow to beat out its big brother. I failed to mentioned, the Z900RS is a tad tall. I have a 36 inch inseam, and I can get both feet down, just not both feet flat on the ground., With good riding boots that I always wear, I can.
 
Dropped into a dealer yesterday, looking for a vintage-style helmet to wear on the DGR coming up. I was hoping to see a Z650R, but they did have a Brown/orange Z900RS. Drooled on it for a minute until the sales guy said I needed to shuffle on.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Dropped into a dealer yesterday, looking for a vintage-style helmet to wear on the DGR coming up. I was hoping to see a Z650R, but they did have a Brown/orange Z900RS. Drooled on it for a minute until the sales guy said I needed to shuffle on.
Huh? :huh:
 
Back
Top