2019 East Coast Rally Video

DAC

Road warrior
Thread starter
Here is a first attempt of a youtube post for me.

See if this works:

And so it begins...

 
When is S01E02 due for release?
 
Looks a glorious road. Where have you mounted the camera? I like the reflection in the indicator housing.
 
ingenious set up Cormanus, camera is suction mounted to side of gas tank.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks a glorious road. Where have you mounted the camera? I like the reflection in the indicator housing.
Thanks.

The camera is mounted to a suction mount on the smooth face of the tank just aft of the Honda logo. It's a Contour Roam 2.
Here's one coming up out of the New River Gorge. You can see the bridge above in some of the videos.


I'll be posting more of these. It takes a while to edit and post these.
 
That gorge ride looks great. I'm sorry to be a pain, but the HD versions are much better to watch.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
That gorge ride looks great. I'm sorry to be a pain, but the HD versions are much better to watch.
I am wondering DAC if your originals are clearer and during upload and/or manual transcoding that some resolution was possibly lost?
 
The first two were HD; the third was lower resolution.
 
speaking as somebody who was on that gorge ride going up and down, it was quite a lot of fun, even on our big bikes. tractoring in 3rd gear around those tight bends was a technical treat. I really need more of that kind of riding in my life.

Really, the trip did a good job of putting us in all kinds of riding circumstances: tight technical switchbacks, speedy downhill twisty runs where we could carve and scrape pegs, and higher speed sweeping turns along the river. it was a very multi-dimensional riding experience. I ponder this as i take my straight rush-hour traffic roads to work this morning.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The first two were HD; the third was lower resolution.
Not to be a pain either :-/, but I was referring to all of them.

Sometimes to save bandwidth and storage, the original can get transcoded at-a-loss, whether HD or SD, or HD-to-SD. Of course, if the original HD source looks like the posting, then all said is moot.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the comments all. No offense taken I assure you. This is a learning experience for me so I’ll be adjusting things going forward. What I want to do is edit these down to short, hi-res videos that are interesting. Since I have a day job and other stuff going on, it may take a bit. Stay tuned!
 
DAC_imp said:
Thanks for the comments all. No offense taken I assure you. This is a learning experience for me so I’ll be adjusting things going forward. What I want to do is edit these down to short, hi-res videos that are interesting. Since I have a day job and other stuff going on, it may take a bit. Stay tuned!
Only one problem I see...LOL. I'm not in it...LOL.:banana::celebrate:
 
Hey Kenny look at the " some pics of 2019 east coast rally" thread 4th pic down
 
You move too fast SCCBrider.
 
Back
Top