Yoshimura Full System

Deftquiver_imp said:
Are you talking about a carbureted bike dyno tune? I would think that would be much more involved than FI tuning... Carb tuning is wizardry in my opinion.
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
 
GUNFTR_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
Are you talking about a carbureted bike dyno tune? I would think that would be much more involved than FI tuning... Carb tuning is wizardry in my opinion.
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
interested in what you use as I was thinking of rejetting mine too
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
GUNFTR_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
Are you talking about a carbureted bike dyno tune? I would think that would be much more involved than FI tuning... Carb tuning is wizardry in my opinion.
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
interested in what you use as I was thinking of rejetting mine too
I am talking about installing a jet kit into dual carbs with the changes already specifically outlined (such as with a Factory Pro jet kit or Dyna Jet kit) but it still taking two shop hours to perform taking everything apart, installing new jets, and then putting everything back together again and test riding to make sure it's right. $200 for two hours of work seems reasonable to me.

I can't imagine that creating a new map could be that much quicker even though it's all electronic... we simply need for the makers of the Power Commander to come up with some off the shelf maps so that it becomes plug and play and the dyno can be left out of the equation except for the sales brochure.
interested in what you use as I was thinking of rejetting mine too
No re-jetting CB.
 
I was only comparing the cost of rejetting a carbureted motorcycle with the cost of remapping a fuel injected motorcycle. The CB has no jets.
 
Fuzzy

You're a early pioneer with exhaust, air and PC.

Are you still running the full Yoshi exhaust, open air intake and PCv?

If so do you mind answering a couple of questions?

1. Is there less noticeable heat compared to stock? I'm thinking like when sitting at a light.

2. Did you install the O2 sensor in the Yoshi pipe or plug the bung hole?

3. Have you noticed anything else unusual that might be related to the modified set-up?

Thank you!
 
Thread starter
Greg_imp said:
Fuzzy

You're a early pioneer with exhaust, air and PC.

Are you still running the full Yoshi exhaust, open air intake and PCv?

If so do you mind answering a couple of questions?

1. Is there less noticeable heat compared to stock? I'm thinking like when sitting at a light.

2. Did you install the O2 sensor in the Yoshi pipe or plug the bung hole?

3. Have you noticed anything else unusual that might be related to the modified set-up?

Thank you!
 
Back
Top