I don't know where they went?Mackerel_imp said:Is it just me or do none of those images show up?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don't know where they went?Mackerel_imp said:Is it just me or do none of those images show up?
Go back n checkem now.silascopathic_imp said:Fuzzzzzz get those pics back up homie! How did you
Mod your air box?
I'm jealousss I want a power commander now real bad hahahaha
Check now!Mackerel_imp said:Is it just me or do none of those images show up?

Correct & letting it out with less restriction through the full exhaust system. More air in compensated by more fuel to correct mixture via PCV & more air out through exhaust. Best you can do NA without cams, head work etc..Mackerel_imp said:There they are! Looks great!
Can you explain to a "lamen trying to not to be a lamen regarding motorcycles" what the air box mod is/what it does for you?
I completely understand engines and airflow/fuel ratios and such, so is this basically allowing more air into the combustion process and being compensated by the PCV tuner by pushing more fuel?

Sent PMwildezt_imp said:did you get a dyno chart done after the mod Fuzzy..? really keen to see how the improvement looks..
![]()
The sound change from air box mod can be noticed in exhaust. Let's her breathe a little. I have a GoPro coming. Vids will follow.Waffa_imp said:Do you get a lovely sound coming from the intake? Video, to share that sound?
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.FUZZY_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.FUZZY_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.FUZZY_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.FUZZY_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
most likely next month for sure. do you notice more mid range power between 2.5K and 4.5K?
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.FUZZY_imp said:No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.silascopathic_imp said:fuzz,
do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.
also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
NO Doubt!silascopathic_imp said:nice! would you say its totally worth it man?
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.FUZZY_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.The ferret_imp said:How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.lccb1100a_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.FUZZY_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.The ferret_imp said:How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.FUZZY_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.lccb1100a_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.FUZZY_imp said:Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.The ferret_imp said:How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Took a little over 2 hours due to no base map available. Cost $200. Quoted same @ other local shops as well. Maybe 50 for a single pull. Still kinda light.