Yoshimura Full System

Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
Fuzzzzzz get those pics back up homie! How did you
Mod your air box?


I'm jealousss I want a power commander now real bad hahahaha
Go back n checkem now.
Mackerel_imp said:
Is it just me or do none of those images show up?
Check now!
 
There they are! Looks great! :thumbsup:

Can you explain to a "lamen trying to not to be a lamen regarding motorcycles" what the air box mod is/what it does for you?
I completely understand engines and airflow/fuel ratios and such, so is this basically allowing more air into the combustion process and being compensated by the PCV tuner by pushing more fuel?
 
Thread starter
Mackerel_imp said:
There they are! Looks great! :thumbsup:

Can you explain to a "lamen trying to not to be a lamen regarding motorcycles" what the air box mod is/what it does for you?
I completely understand engines and airflow/fuel ratios and such, so is this basically allowing more air into the combustion process and being compensated by the PCV tuner by pushing more fuel?
Correct & letting it out with less restriction through the full exhaust system. More air in compensated by more fuel to correct mixture via PCV & more air out through exhaust. Best you can do NA without cams, head work etc..
 
Thread starter
wildezt_imp said:
did you get a dyno chart done after the mod Fuzzy..? really keen to see how the improvement looks..
:thanks:
Sent PM
Waffa_imp said:
Do you get a lovely sound coming from the intake? Video, to share that sound?
The sound change from air box mod can be noticed in exhaust. Let's her breathe a little. I have a GoPro coming. Vids will follow.
 
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
 
FUZZY_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
FUZZY_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
most likely next month for sure. do you notice more mid range power between 2.5K and 4.5K?
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
FUZZY_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
most likely next month for sure. do you notice more mid range power between 2.5K and 4.5K?
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
FUZZY_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
fuzz,

do you reccomend doing the airbox mod without the power commander? I feel like it would improve things for me a bit.


also what the hell is that thing a strainer?!
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws.
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
No I do not recommend without PC. It will cause a lean condition.
It is a strainer. I'm going to see if it gets a bunch of bugs n crap on it. If not it's gone. Just 2 screws. When you decide to get a PCV let me know & I'll tell you what I did to my air box. :beerchug:
most likely next month for sure. do you notice more mid range power between 2.5K and 4.5K? Yes sir. Needs some more gas to get true gains though. It will lift from 1st gear romp & float momentarily. Maybe 4-6" high.
 
FUZZY_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
 
Thread starter
lccb1100a_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Took a little over 2 hours due to no base map available. Cost $200. Quoted same @ other local shops as well. Maybe 50 for a single pull. Still kinda light.
 
FUZZY_imp said:
lccb1100a_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
How much is a dyno run out of curiosity?
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Took a little over 2 hours due to no base map available. Cost $200. Quoted same @ other local shops as well. Maybe 50 for a single pull. Still kinda light.
Depends on dealer & how much time it takes to dial it in. Usually a couple hundred bucks. Checking w/Honda of Houston.
FYI, the place I go to in Sterling, VA charges $50 for a dyno test. It's the Power Commander, and modifying the map that cost a lot of money. The dyno is very inexpensive, at least at my shop.
Took a little over 2 hours due to no base map available. Cost $200. Quoted same @ other local shops as well. Maybe 50 for a single pull. Still kinda light.

By comparison, I have paid close to $200 each time (plus the cost of the jet kit) to the Honda dealership to perform a rejet (due to intake and exhaust mods) for most of the Honda V-twins I've owned in the past. So $200 to dyno and re-map a bike seems perfectly reasonable to me.
 
Are you talking about a carbureted bike dyno tune? I would think that would be much more involved than FI tuning... Carb tuning is wizardry in my opinion.
 
Back
Top