Yearly Goal met, and re-set

Thread starter
well 10 day forecast looks decent..Dec 16 and 17 and maybe 18 will have to keep an eye on, so fingers crossed

Sat Dec 10
Partly Cloudy
32° 26°
0% chance of precip
WSW 5 mph

Sun Dec 11
PM Showers
45° 39°
50% chance of precip
S 12 mph

Mon Dec 12
AM Clouds/PM Sun
43° 31°
10% chance of precip
WNW 7 mph

Tue Dec 13
Partly Cloudy
41° 22°
10% chance of precip
NW 6 mph

Wed Dec 14
Cloudy
28° 13°
20% chance of precip
N 6 mph

Thu Dec 15
Partly Cloudy
23° 12°
0% chance of precip
NW 6 mph

Fri Dec 16
PM Snow Showers
28° 26°
60% chance of precip
E 5 mph

Sat Dec 17
Showers
39° 25°
60% chance of precip
S 7 mph

Sun Dec 18
AM Snow Showers
31° 24°
40% chance of precip
NW 8 mph

Mon Dec 19
Partly Cloudy
31° 19°
20% chance of precip
WNW 7 mph
 
Thread starter
Day 302 and 10 of 10 in Dec. Actually a pretty day. Sun was out. Temp ranged from 28-30 on my ride. Rode over and met my brother for lunch. 13 miles to the restaurant and 68 miles back to home lol. 81 miles for the day

6 days and 679 miles to go
 
Thread starter
absolutely :thumbsup: 81 miles in this weather would be tough on a naked bike with no electrics, although at lunch my brother and I were reminiscing about riding in this weather when we were young in open face helmets with a bubble shield, wool scarf, Army wool peacoats, blue jeans and work boots and gloves. young and dumb, that's what we were

did you get out for your ride today tough guy? :biker:
 
Thread starter
:rofl: Congrats. Fingers and toes are tough to keep warm.
 
Thread starter
Day 303 11 for 11 in Dec A virtual heat wave today. Briefly saw 40 of the ST's thermometer.

Great ride, hit some of my favorite roads, had them all to myself, so was able to ride my normal pace. 62 glorious miles.

5 days and 617 miles to go
 
This is getting quite suspensful.
 
Thread starter
Day 304...12 for 12 in Dec. It was wet this morning after all night rain, so waited until this afternoon for dry roads as suggested by MTC. 38 degrees and overcast for the 69 mile ride. Should turn over 24,000 on tomorrow's ride

4 days to308 and 548 miles to 24,500 (heck, might even make 25K this year but doubt it)
 
Nicely done, Ferret. I looked at Cincy's 7 day forecast and it's going to be 52 on Saturday. Rainy, but 52. I think you could rattle off a 500 mile day easily in that kind of "heat". Especially in that cocoon you call an ST1300. ;)
 
Thread starter
Been invited on a ride to eat to some Stage Coach Inn restaurant in Stockton, Alabama for a last long ride of the year run, but think I'm going to pass lol.
 
Thread starter
Ugg just watched news. Next few days are going to stink. Really cold and wintry mix tomorrow morning starting at 6 am. Seriously putting riding string in jeopardy. Last day I missed that I was in town was April 30 th. Might come to an end tomorrow.
 
Thread starter
well 30 miles has always been my self imposed minimum but I may reduce that for a special occasion lol

EDIT: ok just looked back thru my journal and found 3 days this year that I rode less than 30 miles.. On April 2nd I rode 11 miles, on April 4 th I rode 29, and on June 5th I rode 18 miles
So I guess a precedent has been set lol
 
Thread starter
Day 305 and 13 of 13 in Dec started early. When I sent my wife off to work at 6 AM it was dark, and cold but hadn't started snowing yet. I looked up and told her I can ride in this. Recalling the post from Elipten I didn't HAVE to ride 30 miles. I could ride up to the middle school and back and get in about 10. So I backed out the ST fired it up to warm up and ran inside to throw on my gear. By 6:15 I was ready to ride. It was pitch black but clear and dry so I headed for the school. Weather was holding so I passed the school. Got to 232 and headed south to 52. At Ulysses S.Grants house weather still good, so west on 52. Thru town to 749 still good. 749 to 132. 132 to 125. 125 to Bethel, Ohio for gas at the BP (211 miles on 4.6 gal so..45.8 mpg) back down 125 to 222. Turn around @ township building and go back to 125 (flatter, less curves). 125 to 132 headed home. 3 miles from home at 7:22 it started snowing. Made it home @ 7:25

50.5 miles for this ride (rounded down to 50), 24,002 for the year ....so need 3 days and 498 miles



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%2012-13-16%20009_zpsyygezhey.jpg.html]
 
Awesome! That worked out well! Watch out for ice patches on those cold dark mornings! I know you know that, but I seem incapable of not saying it for some reason. Very cool photo of the ST with a dusting of freshly fallen snow.
 
Thread starter
About a mile from my drive is an overpass. It is in the middle of a down hill curve. I am always leary of overpasses. It was fine when I rode over it first thing this morning, but trpidation over it caused me to turn around on 222 and head out to the flatter 125 and 132 with fewer curves and no over passes.

Like I told my wife (who naturally worries) when I called her once I got back home. "I am always careful and cautious. I don't want to get hurt any more, than you want me to get hurt." BTW she said was more worried about the deer, in the dark, than the road conditions. She said she knew I could handle the road conditions.
 
Nicely done. Not sure I would have ventured forth in the dark.

And for the readers who do not know his wife, she was worried about The Ferret's safety, not the deer's. ;)
 
Back
Top