Yearly Goal met, and re-set

Thread starter
Update Dec 1st rides in the book,

This afternoon 60 miles on the ST. Temp 43. This evening left in the dark and 36 degrees to meet my son and his fil and all we rode to dinner, and then to the cinema... another 21 miles. Temp was 32 by the time I got home at 9:30.

so for day 293, 81 miles added for total 23,293

have to watch grand kids tomorrow so will have to sneak in a ride after they get picked up
 
Ferret, I added 81 miles to the ST's total.
 
Thread starter
Thank you sir. Any idea why it wouldn't work for me?
 
No. none at all. It's odd.
 
Thread starter
went tonight Cormanus. Thanks, although I got a screen saying I needed someone to unlock a protected bracket or something but it went.

Countdown Day 294 ....2 of 2 for December. Watched grandchildren from 7:30 am until 4: 45 pm. Got on the road immediately after they got picked up. Was dark way before I got home (I hate that part of winter).....34 more miles.
 
Thread starter
Day 295 for year and 3 for 3 in Dec, drove 48 more miles on the ST (which really becomes a winter workhorse with good protection, heated grips, mitts and a plug for my elect jacket liner). You need that stuff when it's 39 degrees and spitting rain uggg. Tomorrow is supposed to be ugly weather wise.
 
Thread starter
Day 296 and 4 for 4 in December...supposed to rain starting around lunchtime so I was on the road early..8:30 36 degrees, 39 by the time I got home. Rode out to village of Ripley Ohio along the Ohio river and sat with a thermos of hot tea and a granola bar and had breakfast. Took a little more winding way home. 86 miles for the ride. Thought about Empty Sea who rode in similar weather the morning we last met up. He had no fairing/shield, no mitts, no electrics. That's riding tough! I felt so pampered today in comparison lol.

23,461 .... so 1039 miles and 12 days of riding to go in the last 27 days to meet goals.
 
Thread starter
Day 297.... 48 miles...
 
Thread starter
Day 298..and 6 of 6 for Dec.. started raining at 2:30 am last night and continued to rain thru 2:30 pm this afternoon. Gave it an hour and a half to let the air and car tires dry it up some and took off. Still mist coming off the car tires, but few real puddles to run thru. 51 miles for 23,560

Oh yea, turned over 82,000 miles on the ST on todays ride. My goal for it is to ride it 100,000 miles lol. Never put that many miles on 1 motorcycle before
 
Thread starter
Lol... Now, that would be a challenge.
 
Thread starter
I could honestly get in another 15-20 days a year if our home owners assoc had a better way to clear the streets. What happens is it snows. They don't get it cleared right away and neighbors coming and going to work, pound the snow into an ice pack. In the open areas it usually melts in a couple of days, but in the shady areas where trees over hang the road,and block the sun, it might not melt for a week or ten days. There are long stretches maybe 100 yeards long that are just solid ice. The main roads out on the highway are clear and could be ridden on, I just can't get to them.
 
Thread starter
Day 299 and 7 for 7 in Dec. This was going to be the best and warmest day for the rest of the week, so I bundled up and rolled out the CB. What a fun, fun motorcycle. So small, so light, so responsive (compared to my other bike). Must say 37 degrees without a fairing and electrics is a LOT colder than 37 with fairing and electrics lol. Got in 51 miles.

Need 9 more days for 308 and 889 miles for 24,500

1 day, 1 mile at a time lol
 
There's a box of tea and a pie in it for you if you do the 9 days on the CB with no fairing (feel free to hook up the electrics, though).
 
Thread starter
lol it's going to be 17 on Friday. No deal.
 
Thread starter
Day 300 8 for 8 in Dec a brisk 29 when I took off but a balmy 31 when I got home. With fairing and electrics, wouldn't have noticed the cold if not for the 12 mph winds coming from WNW under front of helmet when I changed directions. Brrr

anyhow 88 miles today...8 more days to 308 and 801 miles to 24,500
 
Thread starter
Day 301 and 9 for 9 Dec. Was snow flurrying when I went to bed at 11:15 pm last night and when I got up at 5:45 am and still flurrying out there now @ 3:26 pm lol..but not sticking to grass for most part or road. My wife took the day off and I was babysitting grandkids but when it was their nap time she says why don't you get in your ride while they are sleeping. Don't have to ask me twice lol. 23 degrees and flurries for the 41 mile ride
 
my math skills, limited as they are, tell me that you can ride an average of once every three days for the rest of the month (actually, something like every 2.75 days) to get your "Aerostitch 308". That would be near impossible for me with work and being further north, but you should knock that out with no trouble.

Gonna try to ride tomorrow midday, before the 12" of snow over the remainder of the weekend starts. The forecast through the 18th looks either cold or snowy or both. There is one sunny day with a high temp of 4. Yes, 4. Tomorrow's temp at ride time is supposed to be 20. Cold, but the roads are dry and salt-free. We will see if I can meet my own goal for this month and then start with some new goals in the new year.
 
Back
Top