Yamaha Niken

OWCH! So, the left fork stayed compressed once it was down? Was that due to an onboard computer or something?
 
Arrrggghhh nooooooooo. Napping motorcycles are not cool. Glad damage was minimal
 
I could never understand why Central Offices have polished floors. It is not like many people visit these places.

Glad things worked out and it didn't fall in the other direction taking out 100 subscribers. ;)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
OWCH! So, the left fork stayed compressed once it was down? Was that due to an onboard computer or something?
Looks strange but the suspension has no separate control. Both forks are extended equally to the same length.
One side, bottom/floor fork is is just up compared to the other. Like it was taking a sharp left hand corner.
Forks compress and move up and down for the leaning.
Make any sense?



ACK
 
Wow, I've seen videos of how the articulation on the Niken works, just looks weird from that angle I guess...
 
Whaddya know... just got the digital edition of the latest issue of MCN in my inbox. the Niken's on the cover. I look forward to reading that.
 
are you trying to make up to your bike for dropping it.. like buying it a present.. haha .. I bought 2 personalized plates for my bikes.. it seems, you like them so much, you can't do enough for them..

chuckk ..
 
Well, at least you won't have to answer the question "what is it?" so many times?

I had personalized plates on my bikes, but the first time I clipped a mirror in traffic, I decided to change them to generic plates.
I figured the less an angry driver can remember about me as I'm disappearing ahead of him the better.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, at least you won't have to answer the question "what is it?" so many times?

I had personalized plates on my bikes, but the first time I clipped a mirror in traffic, I decided to change them to generic plates.
I figured the less an angry driver can remember about me as I'm disappearing ahead of him the better.
... and of course, there are these.
 
A good friend of mine in high school rigged his plate to flap in the wind over 40 miles per hour. Saved him a few times from the cops.

He eventually got smarter and turned to the track. Was ranked in formula one for a while and won the endurance championship in 85 & 86 with Dr Johns Moto Guzzi team. Now he has the more mundane job of stunt coordinator.

So the moral is that flopping plates are a gateway drug....:biker:
 
That's funny. In California, starting this year, newly sold cars have paper plates with temporary tag numbers for camera toll road recording. Prior to this year, new cars didn't have any visible registration that a camera could see, and owners of new cars had up to six months to attach the permanent license plates once the car was purchased. That meant, basically, six months of free toll roads for anyone who wanted to test the CHP's ability to catch them. (I won't confirm or deny that I've ever done this).

Starting in January of this year, however, new cars have temporary paper license plates attached to them with the typical top two screw on the back. This, as you can imagine, effectively means that the paper plate flaps in the wind at any speed, and isn't readable anyway.
 
I bought 2 personalized plates for each one of my Honda CBR 1100xx Blackbirds.. one of them was kinda rough, but ran good.. I called it "the clunk".. the other was really nice.. that one was "XX SESS" ( that which exceeds the ordinary limits)..

.
0153f894e9e4f39ff0788878df654ba9.jpg
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's funny. In California, starting this year, newly sold cars have paper plates with temporary tag numbers for camera toll road recording. Prior to this year, new cars didn't have any visible registration that a camera could see, and owners of new cars had up to six months to attach the permanent license plates once the car was purchased. That meant, basically, six months of free toll roads for anyone who wanted to test the CHP's ability to catch them. (I won't confirm or deny that I've ever done this).

Starting in January of this year, however, new cars have temporary paper license plates attached to them with the typical top two screw on the back. This, as you can imagine, effectively means that the paper plate flaps in the wind at any speed, and isn't readable anyway.
Ah, that explains why I have seen many 'merican-plated automobiles with no plates.

Moving unplated vehicles in Ontario is an immediate violation and have never known it any other way.
 
I'm wondering what everyone thinks of my "Ride the Revolution" tank protector.
Picture it without the white paper.



I wasn't sure about the carbon fiber but it matches the seat pretty good.
I'm 40/60 on it.

I also put on my Akrapovic exhaust. I had to use the aftermarket cat also, living in Mass. Sounds nice without being at all annoying. The cat really tones it done.


I'm 100% on this accessory.

Let me know about the sticker.......

ACK
 
I like the sticker

but I snicker at that stubby exhaust lol
 
I kinda like the exhaust.. it seems to be the new look in pipes.. I usually don't get a tank protector until I damage the paint.. then I know how big of a sticker I need to cover up my abuse..

Chuckk ..
 
Back
Top