wire spoke wheels

huxley2_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Great job. One sharp looking bike!
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
WOW1 SPOKES AND PIPES. NOW THAT IS A TERRIFIC LOOKING BIKE. NICE. VERY NICE. I SOLD MY CB, BECAUSE OF THE LOOKS, DON'T LIKE MAGS, AND NOT CRAZY ABOUT 4 into 1 pipes. This bike is awesome.
jlhalsey_imp said:
another
another
the end, so to speak.
Where di dyou gegt popes and spoke wheels? how much?
 
wheels from samurider, exhaust and center stand is 2014 DLX from Procaliber. Exhaust not completely bolt on, some bracket fabrication needed on left side and ECU must be relocated to 2014 DLX position.
 
Greg Davis_imp said:
huxley2_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Great job. One sharp looking bike!
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
WOW1 SPOKES AND PIPES. NOW THAT IS A TERRIFIC LOOKING BIKE. NICE. VERY NICE. I SOLD MY CB, BECAUSE OF THE LOOKS, DON'T LIKE MAGS, AND NOT CRAZY ABOUT 4 into 1 pipes. This bike is awesome.
jlhalsey_imp said:
another
another
the end, so to speak.
Where di dyou gegt popes and spoke wheels? how much?
You can get the wheels from samurider. The Pope you get at the Vatican in Rome...:P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Greg Davis_imp said:
huxley2_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Great job. One sharp looking bike!
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
Mam, the wire spokes just make the look. For some reason, really drawn to them.
WOW1 SPOKES AND PIPES. NOW THAT IS A TERRIFIC LOOKING BIKE. NICE. VERY NICE. I SOLD MY CB, BECAUSE OF THE LOOKS, DON'T LIKE MAGS, AND NOT CRAZY ABOUT 4 into 1 pipes. This bike is awesome.
jlhalsey_imp said:
another
another
the end, so to speak.
Where di dyou gegt popes and spoke wheels? how much?
You can get the wheels from samurider. The Pope you get at the Vatican in Rome...:P
You can get the wheels from samurider. The Pope you get at the Vatican in Rome...:P
Wouldn't be totally surprised if the Vatican gave you a good deal on a pope just at the moment.
 
I've commented on this thread before, but will again. Really like the wire spokes. If Honda puts them on a new model CB11, I'm in. And I understand you can retro your bike with all the bits from Mr T, but really expensive.
 
I gotta ask. What did the 14 dlx exhaust system cost? I have thought about this myself. If there was one thing I could change on my 13 it would be the exhaust.
 
:thumbsup:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I gotta ask. What did the 14 dlx exhaust system cost? I have thought about this myself. If there was one thing I could change on my 13 it would be the exhaust.
Same here, but I'd only consider a 4 into 4 as a replacement. Hmmm.... Wire spoke wheels and a 4 into 4 exhaust...... Where's that lottery ticket I bought yesterday....?
 
i think i posted costs previously, would have to go back through my invoices to be precise but the wheels, which was a completely bolt on effort with just my own labor, including tires/tubes, around $2000. Takashi supplied all the parts and the thinner caliper and longer brake hose are not in that number.

The exhaust system and center stand from Procaliber. I ordered everything for the 2014 DLX I saw, had some small bits left over. Probably close to $2000. While i did the installation myself, i farmed out the fabrication and welding to a talented machinist/fabricator. Left side exhaust requires two brackets which are absent in the 2013 frame. In addition, the ECU must be mover upwards and reoriented as it is on the 2014 DLX to clear the new center stand spring. side stand was modified slightly to move the kick down piece from the upper part of the side stand to the toe where it no longer interferes with the muffler and is still easy to see and push on when astride the bike. Or you could purchase the DLX side stand. I think the fabricator had 18 hours i n the job inclusive of repainting the welded areas, bracket fabrication, etc. probably half the time was figuring out what to do with the ECU. Ferret's pictures were very helpful. i am very happy with the looks and performance of this bike now, when io ride it to the Rock Store in Malibu or Autobooks in Burbank on the weekends, it always draws a crowd. I love my vintage bikes (70 Bonneville, 72 Dreer VR 880 Norton Commando, 76 CB 750) for easy riding and the performance and smooth shifting of my 2006 Ducati SS, but the CB1100 kinda combines all that with no worries about being stuck by the side of the road.
 
jlhalsey_imp said:
Finally had time to take a few pictures. 2013 Std w spoked wheels, 2014 DLX exhaust w center stand, 2014 bread loaf seat and side rails w aligning brackets, painted side covers, CB 750 mirrors, heated grips w chrome bar ends, chrome headlight and gauge covers, and gaiters.
the wow factor on this bike is off the chart...an absolute beaut!
love those upgrades...and adding them to my bucket list.
 
G'day and welcome to the forum, dafunk. Why not pop over to the new members section and introduce yourself?
 
Back
Top