Windscreen Options?

Hovmod_imp said:
Received this from Japan yesterday, mounted today.
I think it looks GREAT, and a short test ride was encouraging. No added buffeting or noise on or around my head. Success!

10c83547131359ac44b3084db01f8eca.jpg
Beautiful, sin that costs a kidney.:s
 
Frulk_imp said:
Enzo...that does look very good on your bike...it appears to be hand formed aluminum...is that the case?
Yeah, that’s mine, actually. :hello:
Yes, hand formed aluminium, made to order by Samurider in Japan.
Very relieved that it looks good, and after riding around some more today I’m even happier with how well it works.
 
Hovmod_imp said:
Received this from Japan yesterday, mounted today.
I think it looks GREAT, and a short test ride was encouraging. No added buffeting or noise on or around my head. Success!

10c83547131359ac44b3084db01f8eca.jpg
I can't tell...did you get the polished or brushed version? Looks fantastic on your bike in any case!!!!
 
I too use a Street Shield on my EX. I only keep a windshield on one bike to ride when the weather is bad or the winds high to reduce stress on me. But I really like it.
076d7fb06845a8d0bd5dcce87ee93fb3.jpg
 
tommymck_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
Received this from Japan yesterday, mounted today.
I think it looks GREAT, and a short test ride was encouraging. No added buffeting or noise on or around my head. Success!

10c83547131359ac44b3084db01f8eca.jpg
I can't tell...did you get the polished or brushed version? Looks fantastic on your bike in any case!!!!

I totally agree, it looks so good!
Yesterday I did notice that at certain speeds (hard to pinpoint exactly, prevailing wind is a direct factor) I get a slight change in wind noise, so the turbulence off the edge of the screen does hit my ears in some cases. If this becomes a proper issue, I’ll have a much harder time removing it than I expected, it’s just looks so good!

This is the polished version with clear screen. Brushed and tinted glass added to the already high cost. I’d have loved it if it matched the brushed
side cover, but opted for a smooth one. Maybe I’ll polish the cover to match the screen?
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
What are some of the fairing options for the CB1100? Do they vary by year? Or is there a standard fitment that works for all years?

My new-to-me 2014 came with a "bikini cowl" installed by the previous owner that looked cool, but it served no functional purpose at all and would vibrate at highway speed.

I have a Memphis Shades quick release windscreen on my Shadow 750 that I like. I would like find something similar for the 2014.
I have mra varioscreen on 17 ex. I am not big on the looks but it functions well and easy to remove . Much better than the dart bikini fairing I have which just makes wind noise
 
I haven't tried any windscreens on tbe CB1100 except for the Road Comet I've just installed, and I'm very happy with the way it redirects airflow from my chest, also provides a bubble to tuck into at higher speeds.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
I haven't tried any windscreens on tbe CB1100 except for the Road Comet I've just installed, and I'm very happy with the way it redirects airflow from my chest, also provides a bubble to tuck into at higher speeds.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Few would complain if they could make the Comet-like fairings work for them. The alternative screens are mostly dismal in curb appeal on the CB1100.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
I haven't tried any windscreens on tbe CB1100 except for the Road Comet I've just installed, and I'm very happy with the way it redirects airflow from my chest, also provides a bubble to tuck into at higher speeds.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Few would complain if they could make the Comet-like fairings work for them. The alternative screens are mostly dismal in curb appeal on the CB1100.
Few would complain if they could make the Comet-like fairings work for them. The alternative screens are mostly dismal in curb appeal on the CB1100. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but there is no turbulence whatsoever, no new noises, and I think I get less front end lift on the highway.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Just came home from a longer ride. 1200+ kms, two full days of riding on all sorts of road.
The fairing makes cruising at highway speeds considerably more comfortable, and the turbulence only hits my ears properly when I approach 160kmh (100mph), and only if I hunch a tiny bit. At those speeds the 'naked' wind noise is ridiculous anyway, and with my new moulded earplugs I came home with no tinnitus whatsoever.
Also, I don't ride that fast. Not for long, anyway. The Samurider Comet stays.
I hadn't adjusted the headlight properly, and that became an issue when it became dark. I'm very disappointed with the light at its best, and pointed a tiny bit down it becomes frustratingly pointless. I'm replacing this winter, time to go looking for the LIGHT!
 
mvk24_imp said:
I uses 2 different Puig universal windscreens for awhile and the Puig Raptor fit better. Alot of guys like the Dart Marlin but I can't justify the price over a Puig.

Alot of guys order the road comet fairing from japan but it runs about 350$ plus shipping.

I just fitted up the Emgo Venom that looks nearly identical to the road comet and it only cost me 70$ from either ebay or amazon. I just had to Dremel away a little bit to clear the horns and turn signals but it was easy and clean and I can send you the photos of how and where I did it.


This is the Emgo Venom
a937d0aa90a6166118414a70ef357d2b.jpg
1ee0886843e328accc487aa1494664c9.jpg
36f302a898a7cac638b63431a1cb1781.jpg
0f5871672370cd7f77852ece8891d6b6.jpg
0e7b1ac3651f8577465714a4c66f0fbc.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Hello! I know this is an old reply on an old thread, but I really like how your Venom looks on your CB, and I'm looking to do something similar on mine (2013). A couple questions:

1) What dremel bit did you use to get such clean cuts? Which RPM did you use? I tried a couple test cuts on a part of my fairing that was going to be cut off anyway, and I had a hard time getting a precise cut. Plastic just seems to melt away at high RPM, and the bit seems to want to jerk back and forth as I move it along at low RPM. I was using a 561 multipurpose bit.

2) My Venom (MkII) seems to rub against my instrument cluster when I line it up with the headlight bolts. It doesn't look like it's doing that with your bike; how did you manage that?
 
Yeah, I love my Dart screens. Have 'em on all three bikes, and can switch them around as I see fit.
 
sartoriusrock_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
I uses 2 different Puig universal windscreens for awhile and the Puig Raptor fit better. Alot of guys like the Dart Marlin but I can't justify the price over a Puig.

Alot of guys order the road comet fairing from japan but it runs about 350$ plus shipping.

I just fitted up the Emgo Venom that looks nearly identical to the road comet and it only cost me 70$ from either ebay or amazon. I just had to Dremel away a little bit to clear the horns and turn signals but it was easy and clean and I can send you the photos of how and where I did it.


This is the Emgo Venom
a937d0aa90a6166118414a70ef357d2b.jpg
1ee0886843e328accc487aa1494664c9.jpg
36f302a898a7cac638b63431a1cb1781.jpg
0f5871672370cd7f77852ece8891d6b6.jpg
0e7b1ac3651f8577465714a4c66f0fbc.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Hello! I know this is an old reply on an old thread, but I really like how your Venom looks on your CB, and I'm looking to do something similar on mine (2013). A couple questions:

1) What dremel bit did you use to get such clean cuts? Which RPM did you use? I tried a couple test cuts on a part of my fairing that was going to be cut off anyway, and I had a hard time getting a precise cut. Plastic just seems to melt away at high RPM, and the bit seems to want to jerk back and forth as I move it along at low RPM. I was using a 561 multipurpose bit.

2) My Venom (MkII) seems to rub against my instrument cluster when I line it up with the headlight bolts. It doesn't look like it's doing that with your bike; how did you manage that?
Hello! I know this is an old reply on an old thread, but I really like how your Venom looks on your CB, and I'm looking to do something similar on mine (2013). A couple questions:

1) What dremel bit did you use to get such clean cuts? Which RPM did you use? I tried a couple test cuts on a part of my fairing that was going to be cut off anyway, and I had a hard time getting a precise cut. Plastic just seems to melt away at high RPM, and the bit seems to want to jerk back and forth as I move it along at low RPM. I was using a 561 multipurpose bit.

2) My Venom (MkII) seems to rub against my instrument cluster when I line it up with the headlight bolts. It doesn't look like it's doing that with your bike; how did you manage that? Hey sorry I juat saw this.

I will look in the case in the garage but om pretty sure it was just one of those router style bits that look like a normal drill bit but allow you cut sideways. Even it its melting its way through slightly I'd say you're good. You can clean up the edges with gentle sanding or a razor blade.

I had to use 2 small spacers from a universal windscreen mounting kit and slightly longer bolts to mount the windscreen to the headlight/mounts. I then just cut a small piece of foam tape maybe 1/2 inch thick and stuck it onto the part of the gauges where the windscreen wanted to rest.

All in all it was a very easy job just took some patience the mark and cut everything.

I had to trim the sides to clear the turn signals and I believe I had to trim alot at the front bottom of the fairing for it to clear the horns.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
René_B_imp said:
Try the Dart flyscreen from England !! it is perfect.

https://www.dartflyscreens.com/en-eu/collections/honda-cb1100
The dart may fit fine, but the road comet is well worth its money for fit, quality, and the original CB1100 colors (matching the tank).
One other aspect is hard to test or prove, but when you "dremel" your fit, you want to be sure that the damn thing stays on at 100 mph
and when a strong gust or a semi comes your way.
 
Back
Top