Windscreen Options?

Yata-Garasu_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
What are some of the fairing options for the CB1100? Do they vary by year? Or is there a standard fitment that works for all years?

My new-to-me 2014 came with a "bikini cowl" installed by the previous owner that looked cool, but it served no functional purpose at all and would vibrate at highway speed.

I have a Memphis Shades quick release windscreen on my Shadow 750 that I like. I would like find something similar for the 2014.
 
I uses 2 different Puig universal windscreens for awhile and the Puig Raptor fit better. Alot of guys like the Dart Marlin but I can't justify the price over a Puig.

Alot of guys order the road comet fairing from japan but it runs about 350$ plus shipping.

I just fitted up the Emgo Venom that looks nearly identical to the road comet and it only cost me 70$ from either ebay or amazon. I just had to Dremel away a little bit to clear the horns and turn signals but it was easy and clean and I can send you the photos of how and where I did it.


This is the Emgo Venom
a937d0aa90a6166118414a70ef357d2b.jpg
1ee0886843e328accc487aa1494664c9.jpg
36f302a898a7cac638b63431a1cb1781.jpg
0f5871672370cd7f77852ece8891d6b6.jpg
0e7b1ac3651f8577465714a4c66f0fbc.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.

44b11637f7fd8c7f715b8aec55794ed3.jpg


I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.


 
mvk24_imp said:
I uses 2 different Puig universal windscreens for awhile and the Puig Raptor fit better. Alot of guys like the Dart Marlin but I can't justify the price over a Puig.

Alot of guys order the road comet fairing from japan but it runs about 350$ plus shipping.

I just fitted up the Emgo Venom that looks nearly identical to the road comet and it only cost me 70$ from either ebay or amazon. I just had to Dremel away a little bit to clear the horns and turn signals but it was easy and clean and I can send you the photos of how and where I did it.


This is the Emgo Venom
a937d0aa90a6166118414a70ef357d2b.jpg
1ee0886843e328accc487aa1494664c9.jpg
36f302a898a7cac638b63431a1cb1781.jpg
0f5871672370cd7f77852ece8891d6b6.jpg
0e7b1ac3651f8577465714a4c66f0fbc.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Really nice job on this!!! Definitely makes that black 1100 stand out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Gordo_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
I uses 2 different Puig universal windscreens for awhile and the Puig Raptor fit better. Alot of guys like the Dart Marlin but I can't justify the price over a Puig.

Alot of guys order the road comet fairing from japan but it runs about 350$ plus shipping.

I just fitted up the Emgo Venom that looks nearly identical to the road comet and it only cost me 70$ from either ebay or amazon. I just had to Dremel away a little bit to clear the horns and turn signals but it was easy and clean and I can send you the photos of how and where I did it.


This is the Emgo Venom
a937d0aa90a6166118414a70ef357d2b.jpg
1ee0886843e328accc487aa1494664c9.jpg
36f302a898a7cac638b63431a1cb1781.jpg
0f5871672370cd7f77852ece8891d6b6.jpg
0e7b1ac3651f8577465714a4c66f0fbc.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Really nice job on this!!! Definitely makes that black 1100 stand out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Really nice job on this!!! Definitely makes that black 1100 stand out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk Thanks Gordo, there's been about 4 additions to the bike since that photo last month so I will take an updated one later. I went to the micro LED turn signals and it looks very sleek now

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I use a modified National Cycle Street Shield EX

7237437c2fd0e95d9c7657bc27bd2ebe.jpg


although in summer I remove it

ea2089ed26a8b1b7eb851a8643c140af.jpg
 
14097e1d124991e16fa21db9648d514d.jpg

I recently put on this EMGO Viper fairing on my 2013, and I like the way it looks, but it sucks at speed. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the venom fairing, as I'd rather the headlight hole stay round, but I can see how it would do a better job of deflecting air. With the viper, the top of the windscreen is pretty much parallel to the ground, so instead of throwing the air up higher, it comes straight over it. From what i've seen on other posts here, it seems like the road comet 2 is a good way to go, but man, they're expensive. I'm curious what's worked well for others. I'm 6' 0" and in an ideal world, the air would hit me at my shoulders.
 
Hey CRush! - Welcome to the CB1100 Forum!

I used a Dart Marlin screen, not nearly as sophisticated, but was useful up to about 120 km/h for no more than 50% relief.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey CRush! - Welcome to the CB1100 Forum!

I used a Dart Marlin screen, not nearly as sophisticated, but was useful up to about 120 km/h for no more than 50% relief.
I use a street shield ex with 3 inches or so cut off the top. I’m 6’1” and it works well.
 
CRush_imp said:
14097e1d124991e16fa21db9648d514d.jpg

I recently put on this EMGO Viper fairing on my 2013, and I like the way it looks, but it sucks at speed. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the venom fairing, as I'd rather the headlight hole stay round, but I can see how it would do a better job of deflecting air. With the viper, the top of the windscreen is pretty much parallel to the ground, so instead of throwing the air up higher, it comes straight over it. From what i've seen on other posts here, it seems like the road comet 2 is a good way to go, but man, they're expensive. I'm curious what's worked well for others. I'm 6' 0" and in an ideal world, the air would hit me at my shoulders.
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
af2a4b7b5d61811fea7463c6e63ef106.jpg
97f6597b51d021c669fd7b86d8181456.jpg
ab3bdd3b2b3ae980bf8e386293c88222.jpg
93b580149ac174fb7a61ea64759e1b03.jpg
476eab2d1281d6d3a715b6a2f9a259ab.jpg
 
mvk24_imp said:
CRush_imp said:
14097e1d124991e16fa21db9648d514d.jpg

I recently put on this EMGO Viper fairing on my 2013, and I like the way it looks, but it sucks at speed. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the venom fairing, as I'd rather the headlight hole stay round, but I can see how it would do a better job of deflecting air. With the viper, the top of the windscreen is pretty much parallel to the ground, so instead of throwing the air up higher, it comes straight over it. From what i've seen on other posts here, it seems like the road comet 2 is a good way to go, but man, they're expensive. I'm curious what's worked well for others. I'm 6' 0" and in an ideal world, the air would hit me at my shoulders.
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
af2a4b7b5d61811fea7463c6e63ef106.jpg
97f6597b51d021c669fd7b86d8181456.jpg
ab3bdd3b2b3ae980bf8e386293c88222.jpg
93b580149ac174fb7a61ea64759e1b03.jpg
476eab2d1281d6d3a715b6a2f9a259ab.jpg
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
4b4667783819b0e87927a59c44b46cfc.jpg
4d5f91da93f00135e979473f92040ed9.jpg
feeaebec7967d4263b4d1fb640c183b2.jpg
58f96329647e6adde44ea73f34754bf4.jpg
2c5e2dfce3be0e6600087fd96af32277.jpg
The install was actually quite easy. the brackets it came with slid onto the headlight bolts with no problem. That might not be the case with the original headlight brackets though. Mine came with a dart marlin installed, and I hear those brackets come forward an inch or so from the original, which were not included.
 
CRush_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
CRush_imp said:
14097e1d124991e16fa21db9648d514d.jpg

I recently put on this EMGO Viper fairing on my 2013, and I like the way it looks, but it sucks at speed. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the venom fairing, as I'd rather the headlight hole stay round, but I can see how it would do a better job of deflecting air. With the viper, the top of the windscreen is pretty much parallel to the ground, so instead of throwing the air up higher, it comes straight over it. From what i've seen on other posts here, it seems like the road comet 2 is a good way to go, but man, they're expensive. I'm curious what's worked well for others. I'm 6' 0" and in an ideal world, the air would hit me at my shoulders.
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
af2a4b7b5d61811fea7463c6e63ef106.jpg
97f6597b51d021c669fd7b86d8181456.jpg
ab3bdd3b2b3ae980bf8e386293c88222.jpg
93b580149ac174fb7a61ea64759e1b03.jpg
476eab2d1281d6d3a715b6a2f9a259ab.jpg
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
4b4667783819b0e87927a59c44b46cfc.jpg
4d5f91da93f00135e979473f92040ed9.jpg
feeaebec7967d4263b4d1fb640c183b2.jpg
58f96329647e6adde44ea73f34754bf4.jpg
2c5e2dfce3be0e6600087fd96af32277.jpg
The install was actually quite easy. the brackets it came with slid onto the headlight bolts with no problem. That might not be the case with the original headlight brackets though. Mine came with a dart marlin installed, and I hear those brackets come forward an inch or so from the original, which were not included.
How was the install?

I have the Emgo Venom ll and it took a little alteration with a dremel. Not hard to do just tedious to get it right. But now it will come on and off with little effort. Have to remember I have spacers between the fairing and the headlight bucket though before they fall lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
5078b34823fcc50ede75581fd1232631.jpg
c56a89a0e58feb55aad1abafe8887472.jpg
969efd4b2c3f2d531ecd91a8c939eba6.jpg
d2d39b06036616382f4d11608fc5eb3f.jpg
cd2235a6a7d0389bd0135a0904c3c111.jpg
The install was actually quite easy. the brackets it came with slid onto the headlight bolts with no problem. That might not be the case with the original headlight brackets though. Mine came with a dart marlin installed, and I hear those brackets come forward an inch or so from the original, which were not included. Yes, those brackets are a little more forwards like you said. In that case I may not have had to trim mine. I probably had to trim about an inch at the center diameter (I did a rounded cut) to clear the turn signals

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Enzofour_imp said:
Here is from Puig, special offer http://www.louis.de, € 40:)

Nice find, I see they also do a mini screen, now on sale at €19.99! I think I will buy one just to have as an option.

Not my style but the handlebar fairing looks quite decent if that's your thing.



 
Back
Top