Windscreen Options?

Maybe it's time to reiterate what we found early on, on this forum, .... iirc.... that the sweet spot for windshields on this bike are lower than 10" above the ignition, or higher than 24" above the ignition. Anything in between 10 and 24 ( it might have been 22") will cause excessive noise and turbulence.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Good evening Gumby, how's it going, still riding your HD??


Yes Peter, I am still enjoying a bike on which I do not need to wear a full face helmet and ear plugs. The Harley Windscreen with Chrome Lowers makes for a quiet, buffet-free ride! I can enjoy the sounds around me and the rumble of the exhaust!

Thanks too to GoldOxide...you can tell by my Road King that I am still partial to the colour Blue ;)
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Good evening Gumby, how's it going, still riding your HD??


Yes Peter, I am still enjoying a bike on which I do not need to wear a full face helmet and ear plugs. The Harley Windscreen with Chrome Lowers makes for a quiet, buffet-free ride! I can enjoy the sounds around me and the rumble of the exhaust!

Thanks too to GoldOxide...you can tell by my Road King that I am still partial to the colour Blue ;)
Very classy arrangement - easy on the eyes. :thumbsup:
 
Those of you who are happy with their shields, and who mount and unmount the shield from time to time:
up to which speeds and / or distances are you perfectly happy without your shield ?
I don't use a shield, and I am perfectly happy (in summer) to ride at 65 mph and distances of up to 3 hours
(at which point I am anyway getting fed up, with or without a shield) ;)
 
I use a shorty shield, a cut down NC Street shield EX for trips or cool weather riding, but I generally take it off mid May and put it on again in October. When it's off I can ride any distance at 70 mph or better without issue.

set up for trips

9075922d7278a294f0377ef8b419dfa1.jpg


but rode it "nekid" to North Carolina for this pic

5a32c43fa142ef252b004db38c16068c.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
I use a shorty shield, a cut down NC Street shield EX for trips or cool weather riding, but I generally take it off mid May and put it on again in October. When it's off I can ride any distance at 70 mph or better without issue.

set up for trips

9075922d7278a294f0377ef8b419dfa1.jpg


but rode it "nekid" to North Carolina for this pic

5a32c43fa142ef252b004db38c16068c.jpg
He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I use a shorty shield, a cut down NC Street shield EX for trips or cool weather riding, but I generally take it off mid May and put it on again in October. When it's off I can ride any distance at 70 mph or better without issue.

set up for trips

9075922d7278a294f0377ef8b419dfa1.jpg


but rode it "nekid" to North Carolina for this pic

5a32c43fa142ef252b004db38c16068c.jpg
He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:
He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:
...Matt, was that special order part ??:P
 
I can ride with no shield or face covering and it doesn't bother me at all. All kinds of speeds and distances.

I just like how the bike looks with the emgo/comet fairing.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
j3gq_imp said:
Those of you who are happy with their shields, and who mount and unmount the shield from time to time:
up to which speeds and / or distances are you perfectly happy without your shield ?
I don't use a shield, and I am perfectly happy (in summer) to ride at 65 mph and distances of up to 3 hours
(at which point I am anyway getting fed up, with or without a shield) ;)
^

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I ride with a windshield all the time, four seasons a year. The primary reason is freeway rates.

I like the looks of a motorcycle without a windshield, however in general, I don't care. I gotta be comfortable on the freeway.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Those of you who are happy with their shields, and who mount and unmount the shield from time to time:
up to which speeds and / or distances are you perfectly happy without your shield ?
I don't use a shield, and I am perfectly happy (in summer) to ride at 65 mph and distances of up to 3 hours
(at which point I am anyway getting fed up, with or without a shield) ;)
I had installed a high Puig, then I removed it because it created turbulence in the hips.
Better to travel without, 130km speed code no problem.
 
jedd_imp said:
i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.

44b11637f7fd8c7f715b8aec55794ed3.jpg


I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.



How was this on the highway and is it easy to take off? I'd like to buy one to slap on when I ride 2 hours all highway to the lady's house.
 
iamlegend21087_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.

44b11637f7fd8c7f715b8aec55794ed3.jpg


I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.



How was this on the highway and is it easy to take off? I'd like to buy one to slap on when I ride 2 hours all highway to the lady's house.
the Nat'l Fairing and the MRA, once the female fittings are properly positioned and secured tightly onto the handlebar (& fork tube for Nat'l fairing)...... Both are very easy to slap on and take off .

the nat'l fairing being so large requires 4 mounting points (no tools needed), whereas the MRA uses only two (hex bolts) at the handlebars.

For hwy, that gigantic barn door is the way to go. blocks wind everywhere including the hands and thighs, and low wind noise so you get to hear that sweet motor revving away. The MRA blocks upper body and helmet, allowing more air flow to arms and thighs. This one has adjustable height feature, so it is easier to fine tune how much or how little wind to block off.
 
Received this from Japan yesterday, mounted today.
I think it looks GREAT, and a short test ride was encouraging. No added buffeting or noise on or around my head. Success!

10c83547131359ac44b3084db01f8eca.jpg
 
Back
Top