Windscreen Options?

Photo of my Parabellum. It's nicely sealed around the headlight, making a dead air pocket for my torso. Really nice in colder temperatures

f0962c0a9bbee2765f7ff1b4c38414d6.jpg
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
LikeAfox: How is the air/temperature comfort in the profuse summer humidity? (Or do you remove it in summer?)
It's the opposite effect in the summer heat, of course. So just remove it, it's only 4 bolts.

I would like to find a set of handguards that match the looks of the bike. Anyone has any suggestions?
 
LikeAfox_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
LikeAfox: How is the air/temperature comfort in the profuse summer humidity? (Or do you remove it in summer?)
It's the opposite effect in the summer heat, of course. So just remove it, it's only 4 bolts.

I would like to find a set of handguards that match the looks of the bike. Anyone has any suggestions?
If it is for the colder months the Barkbuster Blizzards are a great handguard. I use these during the winter months with summer gloves as I am not keen on a big bulky winter glove. They work very well in the rain and keep a lot more wind off the hand too. They are not a muff and not hard plastic, its like a tank bag type material. They do require the inner bar end weights on a Honda to come out though.
 
I have a pair of these but can't remember who made them. Maybe someone will recognize them.

ec52dd5935c5305893024f817aa4d982.jpg


e32a5695c872ec84ff7b776ed7dac338.jpg


7946016a16446ebcadf4432a05503ee9.jpg


790523aa31b4fd68150e3b3ba6ea52f4.jpg
 
This is my Road Comet fairing (with a tall windscreen not available anymore).

8e95472ab7bb19dd367a16bd083d1f91.jpg


04079cdd3451006e2788905037f5eb98.jpg
 
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
 
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
Sounds like a crappy design. Screens that block a wide swath of air and then end abruptly, create a channeled stream of air past its edge. Which is the exact problem with my Parabellum, see pictures above. I had to use a little deflector to keep air from smashing into my eyes. Maybe consider something similar before shelving it completely.

Here is what mine looks like, on my other bike for reference
 
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
That is very strange to me as I've mounted the EX Street Shield on both of my CBs with total of 100K kms ridden, repeatedly over long journeys and a few times up to the speed limiter.
Absolutely no complaints from my side.
:biker:
 
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
Maybe it comes down to the helmet and your shoulder dynamics. :huh:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
That is very strange to me as I've mounted the EX Street Shield on both of my CBs with total of 100K kms ridden, repeatedly over long journeys and a few times up to the speed limiter.
Absolutely no complaints from my side.
:biker:
That is very strange to me as I've mounted the EX Street Shield on both of my CBs with total of 100K kms ridden, repeatedly over long journeys and a few times up to the speed limiter.
Absolutely no complaints from my side.
:biker:
I had to cut 5 1/2" (I think it was) off the height of mine before I was happy with it. With the stock height shield the wind hit me right in the eye port of my helmet. Now it hits me in the collar bone
 
LikeAfox_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
Sounds like a crappy design. Screens that block a wide swath of air and then end abruptly, create a channeled stream of air past its edge. Which is the exact problem with my Parabellum, see pictures above. I had to use a little deflector to keep air from smashing into my eyes. Maybe consider something similar before shelving it completely.

Here is what mine looks like, on my other bike for reference
Sounds like a crappy design. Screens that block a wide swath of air and then end abruptly, create a channeled stream of air past its edge. Which is the exact problem with my Parabellum, see pictures above. I had to use a little deflector to keep air from smashing into my eyes. Maybe consider something similar before shelving it completely.

Here is what mine looks like, on my other bike for reference
I don't want to distort the line of the bike:s
 
jedd_imp said:
i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.

44b11637f7fd8c7f715b8aec55794ed3.jpg


I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.


I like the versatility of the MRA screen. Are you pleased with it, and how tall are you?
 
MrBob_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.

44b11637f7fd8c7f715b8aec55794ed3.jpg


I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.


I like the versatility of the MRA screen. Are you pleased with it, and how tall are you?
I like the versatility of the MRA screen. Are you pleased with it, and how tall are you?
The windshield is not bad, the saddle bag is excellent, does it fit on the original Honda luggage rack?:)
 
Concerning MRA, I use a MRA Highway shield. It's pretty fine and gives me enough windprotection in the upright riding position on a CB with Honda's handelbars.

 
I just recently bought a MRA Varioscreen. It is adjustable as to angle and height. It certainly keeps the wind off your torso, but I did notice some buffeting. I am hopeful that I can adjust that out.
 
I have ordered one of these from Samurider, here’s hoping it doesn’t screw up the bike. I need just a tad more protection, but if I get more noise it’s going right back off again.
Made to order. Not cheap.

86c9dc23390d0abddd1cec44dcaf68fc.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
After doing several tests, I decided to remove the windshield because it created turbulence and it was more annoying than traveling without it:s
That is very strange to me as I've mounted the EX Street Shield on both of my CBs with total of 100K kms ridden, repeatedly over long journeys and a few times up to the speed limiter.
Absolutely no complaints from my side.
:biker:
You are one of the lucky ones then Peter.
For a taller rider, like myself, the noise and turbulance created by the EX was constantly maddening and excruciating. I had to ride with a Nolan full helmet and earplugs.

My solution was the MRA adjustable add-on. Kind of funky looking, but made a huge difference...much quieter and almost no buffeting.
 
Back
Top